The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby harric » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:54 pm

tipper wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
They want more control of the revenue simple. Otherwise they’d be happy with the status quo.

Has saca got visibility of smas finances ?

If not why do port and crows need it ?

or for that matter, any of the promotions companies that book concerts or monster trucks or whatever, lol.

the afl clubs are a tennant. the tennants in my rental property dont get a look at my finances, or any say in what i do with the money

on a related note, and im asking because i dont actually know, does anyone know if any of the victorian clubs have representation in the management of the melbourne stadiums? mcg or marvel stadium? if be amazed if they did
So your saying that the SANFL are the land lords has they have the majority seats on the SMA?

Why is this the case? Does the SANFL need to be part of the AFL teams and Adelaide Oval arrangement?

The analaogy of the domestic housing landlord to the Adelaide oval situation is poor at best and not relevant.

SACA I believe are like the SANFL and have representation on the SMA.
harric
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby UK Fan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:37 pm

harric wrote:
tipper wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
They want more control of the revenue simple. Otherwise they’d be happy with the status quo.

or for that matter, any of the promotions companies that book concerts or monster trucks or whatever, lol.

the afl clubs are a tennant. the tennants in my rental property dont get a look at my finances, or any say in what i do with the money

on a related note, and im asking because i dont actually know, does anyone know if any of the victorian clubs have representation in the management of the melbourne stadiums? mcg or marvel stadium? if be amazed if they did
So your saying that the SANFL are the land lords has they have the majority seats on the SMA?

Why is this the case? Does the SANFL need to be part of the AFL teams and Adelaide Oval arrangement?

The analaogy of the domestic housing landlord to the Adelaide oval situation is poor at best and not relevant.

Nope sma are the landlords and yes sanfl as the governing body of football in this state needs to have representation on sma.

Port and crows are 2 of over 200 footy clubs in SA. That’s it.

Do the sanfl have sight over port Adelaide councils future plans/financials re tenancy at Alberton Oval ??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby tipper » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:47 pm

harric wrote:So your saying that the SANFL are the land lords has they have the majority seats on the SMA?

no, the SMA are the landlords. and the makeup of the SMA was settled when the move from footy park to adelaide oval took place. and the SANFl do not hold a majority, it is made up equally of SANFL and SACA appointees.

and seriously, you need the makeup of the SMA explained to you? it isnt exactly ancient history. as part of the adelaide ovel redevelopment, the SMA were created to manage the oval and its immediate surrounds. the makeup was decided a that time, and the SANFL, as the governing body of aussie rules footy in this state, were given significant input into it.

the analogy of domestic housing is accurate, however much you would like it to not be. my tennants could whinge and whine all they like, im not giving them a look at my books as its none of their business.

the crows and power are just 2 of many organisations that hire the venue, they just do so more regularly than some others. they dont, and they shouldnt get a say in what that venue decides to do with its money. can you see me getting a say on what Mark Ruccuito does with his money if i hire a room at his pub on a regular basis?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby LMA » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:20 pm

tipper wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Heard of a bloke called Eddie Mcguire
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby harric » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:30 pm

tipper wrote:
harric wrote:So your saying that the SANFL are the land lords has they have the majority seats on the SMA?

no, the SMA are the landlords. and the makeup of the SMA was settled when the move from footy park to adelaide oval took place. and the SANFl do not hold a majority, it is made up equally of SANFL and SACA appointees.

and seriously, you need the makeup of the SMA explained to you? it isnt exactly ancient history. as part of the adelaide ovel redevelopment, the SMA were created to manage the oval and its immediate surrounds. the makeup was decided a that time, and the SANFL, as the governing body of aussie rules footy in this state, were given significant input into it.

the analogy of domestic housing is accurate, however much you would like it to not be. my tennants could whinge and whine all they like, im not giving them a look at my books as its none of their business.

the crows and power are just 2 of many organisations that hire the venue, they just do so more regularly than some others. they dont, and they shouldnt get a say in what that venue decides to do with its money. can you see me getting a say on what Mark Ruccuito does with his money if i hire a room at his pub on a regular basis?
My question about the SMA make up is almost rhetorical there pal so calm the pitch forks and torches for 5 mins. I was just have a nice discussion with UK fan.

I can guess we can wait and see how this plays out, my question is about the need for the SANFL to be so involved in the SMA and AO in general.
harric
Mini-League

Postby harric » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:04 am

LMA wrote:
tipper wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Heard of a bloke called Eddie Mcguire
This is true that Collingwood and Essendon vent there power via different means.

At the moment Essendon wouldn't have visability of Marvel Stadium but Marvel Stadium basically beg them them to be there as they are the crowd pulling tenant.

In regards to tenant and landlords the point is valid about Port and the Crows, however the issue remains in my opinion around the SANFL being part of it. Using the Victorian example which has been brought up, the VFL are not part of the MCG or Marvel arrangement at all and also the WAFL are not part of the new stadium in WA either. Sa seems to be a unique case at the moment.

I think the original point I was getting back to was to UK fan about the article in regards to Port making comment on the hotel. I looked into it further and it turns out Port and the Crows were asked for information as part of a parliamentary enquiry into the proposed hotel. Both clubs have stated they have asked for more details and been kept in the dark at this stage.
harric
Mini-League

Postby therisingblues » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:12 pm

SANFL gave up Footy Park so that footy could move to Adelaide Oval. Of course they now have a big say (along with the SACA) in the running of the new home of footy in this state.
Capisce?

BTW. NO ONE ever has a "nice discussion with U.K fan" ;)
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:37 pm

Holy shit I’m agreeing with cornes

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/af ... MeBapaGBcw

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:07 pm

UK Fan wrote:Holy shit I’m agreeing with cornes

Paywall there big fella. I assume that is Wrinkles and not Kane.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:20 pm

stan wrote:

Yep Wrinkles “the 2 afl clubs should have no business sticking their nose into the running of Adelaide Oval”

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:48 pm

UK Fan wrote:
stan wrote:

Yep Wrinkles “the 2 afl clubs should have no business sticking their nose into the running of Adelaide Oval”

Studley is starting to talk sense in his old age.
Kane dribbles enough sh*t though still for both.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:10 pm

I was looking at this and a thought came to mind. This would be an ideal setup throughout the entire comp.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (25.41 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:26 am

DOC wrote:I was looking at this and a thought came to mind. This would be an ideal setup throughout the entire comp.

Capture.PNG

There is more chance of the AFL reserves being moved on than Glenelg ever being top of the ladder though. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Hazydog » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm

harric wrote:
In regards to tenant and landlords the point is valid about Port and the Crows, however the issue remains in my opinion around the SANFL being part of it. Using the Victorian example which has been brought up, the VFL are not part of the MCG or Marvel arrangement at all and also the WAFL are not part of the new stadium in WA either. Sa seems to be a unique case at the moment.

I’ve probably cocked up quoting again- but expanding on the above its worth noting the VFL & WAFL are both under the control of the AFL and the SANFL isn’t. (At least not officially..)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Break even point for Adelaide oval up to 40k this year for afl clubs.

SACA/SANFL have taken a hit on poor strikers crowds which were well below what was forecast.

Break even point at Footy Park was 26k from memory

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 pm

UK Fan wrote:Break even point for Adelaide oval up to 40k this year for afl clubs.

Is that before or after factoring in tarps advertising revenue?

[emoji1]
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby stan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:51 am

RB wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Break even point for Adelaide oval up to 40k this year for afl clubs.

Is that before or after factoring in tarps advertising revenue?

[emoji1]
35k with tarps lol
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby goddy11 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:16 pm

I received this in my emails today from the Eagles. I wonder what the response is . South is already trying to get compo for a lost player

The Board and Management of Woodville West Torrens Football Club wish to advise our members and supporters that we, along with other Foundation SANFL Clubs, wish to retain our players should they be selected by the Adelaide or Port Adelaide Football Clubs in the AFL mid-season rookie draft for the remainder of the season in which they are drafted. This draft, along with the pre-season supplementary list draft, was recently introduced by the AFL much to the disappointment of SANFL Clubs.
Woodville West Torrens Football Club accepts that any player taken by Adelaide or Port Adelaide would be required to train with the AFL side, however we strongly believe the player is to be released to play for their SANFL Club if not selected for senior AFL duty. This is to include minor round and finals games. This is the model that the West Coast Eagles have agreed to with the WAFL.
The SANFL, at the request of the Clubs, has approached both Adelaide and Port Adelaide regarding this request and we await their response.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Brett » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 pm

All clubs have released the same Email I believe.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby RB » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am

goddy11 wrote:I received this in my emails today from the Eagles. I wonder what the response is . South is already trying to get compo for a lost player

The Board and Management of Woodville West Torrens Football Club wish to advise our members and supporters that we, along with other Foundation SANFL Clubs,

'Club' should be singular - South Adelaide is the only remaining foundation club.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL