Female Footy

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Female Footy

Postby Brett » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:23 pm

I was waiting for it ! Good luck to females who play footy . Go for it . On tonight news was a female footballer complaining they only get paid 13k per season yet some AFL men get 50k a game . Its gone mad seriously. Want equal money then play a whole season and people have to pay to watch it. I wonder what SANFL players feel about this .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Female Footy

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:46 pm

Being paid nearly 2k a game is good going compared to most park footballers that can actually kick a drop punt.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Second Team » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 pm

1. Only 3 or 4 players in a side know how to kick a football.
2. AFL has more money than sense.
3. Business model will fall apart when spectators have to pay a dollar to get in. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Second Team
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Grenville » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:41 pm

Second Team wrote:1. Only 3 or 4 players in a side know how to kick a football.
2. AFL has more money than sense.
3. Business model will fall apart when spectators have to pay a dollar to get in. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Correct, correct and correct.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Tiger83 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:36 am

Brett wrote:I was waiting for it ! Good luck to females who play footy . Go for it . On tonight news was a female footballer complaining they only get paid 13k per season yet some AFL men get 50k a game . Its gone mad seriously. Want equal money then play a whole season and people have to pay to watch it. I wonder what SANFL players feel about this .

Where was this mentioned out of interest. I’d like to watch it.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:43 am

Tiger83 wrote:
Brett wrote:I was waiting for it ! Good luck to females who play footy . Go for it . On tonight news was a female footballer complaining they only get paid 13k per season yet some AFL men get 50k a game . Its gone mad seriously. Want equal money then play a whole season and people have to pay to watch it. I wonder what SANFL players feel about this .

Where was this mentioned out of interest. I’d like to watch it.
I think it was on ABC in regard to womens sport in general. The 50k was in reference to aflx. The article was about AFL getting some recognition about womens sport but Gil is absent from some board comprising all the chiefs of sport peak bodies promoting women in sport
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby knowledge » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 am

There are people in football clubs around Australia who have dedicated most of their lives to their clubs as part-time/casual while working full time hours or volunteers and been paid next to nothing, or, not at all. Yet, code-jumping mercenaries who have given nothing but 5 minutes to the sport think they're entitled to milk the system. Give me a break! Gee, we've raised a generation of entitled brats!
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am

When does the season end? It's the biggest crock of shit on TV at the moment. Absolutely horrid.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Pseudo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby knowledge » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Of course, Dangerfield would say that he "Was dumbfounded of the level of negativity towards AFLX." He (and the other 3 captains) had 50,000 reasons to talk it up. $$ makes people say whatever their employer wants.
knowledge
Rookie

Postby knowledge » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Bum Crack wrote:When does the season end? It's the biggest crock of shit on TV at the moment. Absolutely horrid.

Yorkshire Vet is on at the same time. Far more entertaining. It's great trying to decipher what they're trying to say in broad Yorkshire accents. Reminds me of Geoffrey Boycott.
knowledge
Rookie

Postby DOC » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 pm

knowledge wrote:

Of course, Dangerfield would say that he "Was dumbfounded of the level of negativity towards AFLX." He (and the other 3 captains) had 50,000 reasons to talk it up. $$ makes people say whatever their employer wants.

Is that the same Dangerfield who said the season was too long.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:07 pm

AFLW is mildly interesting if there is nothing much else on. AFLX not even that.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby stan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:08 pm

DOC wrote:
knowledge wrote:

Is that the same Dangerfield who said the season was too long.
I think the work week is too long (mostly because I am lazy) but if you pay me 50k extra I'll also work this Saturday.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby vics01 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Another day another whinge from AWFL.

Not paid enough
Players are currently paid between $13,400 and $24,600 for a six-month contract
Wonder what the base SANFL
league player makes of that when they may earn around 5.5 k for a season or a ressie who may earn 1800 if lucky for nealry 10 months of work?

Having to play outdoors affects the skill

Have to work as well as train and play as not paid enough.

Western Bulldogs call for more AFLW games at Marvel Stadium to better showcase skills of players
Eliza Sewell, Herald Sun
17 minutes ago
Subscriber only
• • •
Western Bulldogs leader Hannah Scott has called for more AFLW games to be played at Marvel Stadium after a one-point thriller on Saturday night.
The Demons and the Bulldogs produced one of the best AFLW matches in history and Scott said the conditions under the roof allowed the players to showcase their skills.
Dogs coach Paul Groves said there was potential for the league to fixture triple-headers at the venue.
“It’s really difficult in some of the conditions that you play with — the wind and all of that — you have to adapt quite a lot to it so not having to compete against that I think allows a higher quality game of football, which is also a lot nicer to watch,” Scott said.
Groves said the double-header at the stadium on Saturday was a positive step.
Hannah Scott believes playing AFLW matches at Marvel Stadium allows players to better show off their skills. Picture: AFL Media
“Playing out here enables the conditions not to impact the game at all; I think that’s really important for where women’s footy's’s at,” Groves said.
“ … if you go to Whitten Oval there’s always a breeze, we have a great atmosphere and it probably can’t have the same atmosphere here, unless you get 40,000 to it, but it allows the girls to showcase their skills taking out the elements and that is a positive.
“ … I know we enjoyed playing here and can you do triple headers here? Potentially, so it’s probably something we can discuss as a code and if that becomes available then we’ll certainly jump at the chance.”
Scott, who works full- time and on Friday clocked on at 6am before training at 4pm, said the busy lifestyle of AFLW players was affecting their on-field performance.
Two AFLW matches were played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday — Collingwood v North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs v Melbourne.
Players are currently paid between $13,400 and $24,600 for a six-month contract.
“It’s hard, it’s hard at times, but you love the game and just do what you’ve got to do,” Scott said.
“I think it’s definitely had an impact because it gets to the end of the week and I’m pretty exhausted.
“Sometimes we’ll get home from training and it’ll be 10.30pm at night and then I’ve got to get up at 5-6 o’clock.
Sharks to dump hooker to solve cap crisis
“It’s tough, but I love the game and I love the Western Bulldogs Football Club.
“I just want to play footy and if this is what I have to do, then, that’s what we’ll all do.
“I’ve got to pay the bills (so) at the moment it’s full-time work and footy, that’s just how it is.
“Obviously you look forward and you hope it’s not that far away, but obviously that comes with longer seasons and at the moment they look like they’re keeping it split so we just have to roll with it and just do our best to adapt.”
Originally published as Marvel Stadium key to showing AFLW skill

vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:25 pm

As I type this I am sitting in front bar of the Maid, having stepped out of the house for "exercise".

Three tellies plus the audio are doing an AFL practice game. Only one telly and no audio for a women's AFL game.

Looking at the respective crowds, the mens practice game is well attended with many attendees in club colours. For a practice game, mind.
The womens crowd is very sparse indeed.

Perhaps when the interest is there - and the money - the ladies might have a reasonable basis to grizzle.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Brett » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:57 pm

What a load of crap but not surprised .If anyone comments against it they get mauled ! Imagine what the SANFL Men who play think.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Everything in this world has to pay for itself eventually and i'm sure that with the right management it can be a success.

Female Basketball players who came out of college prior to the mid 1990's had to move to Europe if they wanted to play professionally due to several failed attempts to have an American pro league but then the WNBA came along and has been a success, but at the end of the day, the player in a sport gets paid what that sport can generate.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby northerner » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:38 pm

The Womens AFL movement has the potential to detract from the SANFL (financial support, media etc). It already is killing off traditional (dare I say it) womens sports such as netball.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby northerner » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:39 pm

northerner wrote:The Womens AFL movement has the potential to detract from the SANFL (financial support, media etc). It already is killing off traditional (dare I say it) womens sports such as netball.

Incidentally, there are mens netball leagues... why are they not given equitable coverage in the media?
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL