Under pressure.......

Talk on the national game

Re: Under pressure.......

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
You blokes can't get on the same page, some of you have yourselves flag favorites, some of you are sacking the coach, band together men!

Sounds like we are middle of the road just like most teams. Which Cat fans has us flag favourites? :shock: 5-10 I think. As long as it's not ninth LOL.

regards,

REB

Bum Crack has you winning it every year and MT79 can't see you ever winning a game. :lol:

Just keeping our options open mate.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:I'm more interested in the posters on safooty.net under the most pressure in 2019...

1: wubsy: How will he come up with fresh excuses and umpire blaming as Sydney begin to bottom out.
2: Booney: With Kenny still at the helm Booney will be beside himself if his beloved Power keep putting up with mediocre results.
3: Dutchy: With the Kangaroos recruits they will need to finish higher than Port to give his Port/Booney bashing merit.
4: Amber: With Carlton's season over he is going to find it tough avoiding his love for the Power if they start looking the goods.
5: Wedgie: His Cats must be successful as he'll use his quota of throwing "119" into as many posts as possible, surely it must be capped at 119 times.

It is the 119th year since North Adelaide won their first premiership and the original Port (RIP) won the wooden spoon. Plenty of opportunities in 2019 to incorporate the numbers 19 and 119 in posts! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:41 pm

1. Hinkley
2. Richardson
3. Silvagni(father and son)
4. McGovern/Polec
5. Gold Coast Suns
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:52 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Bring back

Does Digby post at all anymore?
Was posting still in the ammo’s for a while after he got the boot from here.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:56 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Bring back

Does Digby post at all anymore?
Was posting still in the ammo’s for a while after he got the boot from here.

Noticed he was on over the weekend
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Bolton is under a heap of pressure. Carlton have gone backwards and he only ever has cliches. His game plan if they have one is rubbish and will be interesting to see how long he lasts if they produce the same rubbish as last year. Just because he came from the Clarko school of coaches does not mean he can coach.

Interesting Wubsy again has a thing with the Eagles. I reckon with Sydney’s ageing players they will slide. Kennedy, Parker, Jack aren’t getting any younger
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:09 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Bolton is under a heap of pressure. Carlton have gone backwards and he only ever has cliches. His game plan if they have one is rubbish and will be interesting to see how long he lasts if they produce the same rubbish as last year. Just because he came from the Clarko school of coaches does not mean he can coach.

Interesting Wubsy again has a thing with the Eagles. I reckon with Sydney’s ageing players they will slide. Kennedy, Parker, Jack aren’t getting any younger

Absolutely agree about Carlton and Bolton.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
You blokes can't get on the same page, some of you have yourselves flag favorites, some of you are sacking the coach, band together men!

Sounds like we are middle of the road just like most teams. Which Cat fans has us flag favourites? :shock: 5-10 I think. As long as it's not ninth LOL.

regards,

REB

Bum Crack has you winning it every year and MT79 can't see you ever winning a game. :lol:

????
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:49 pm

2019 Pressure Index:

1. Corona Man - Will the departure of active wear girl compromise the quality of his Rib Eye?
2. Wedgie - Can he go better than his 258 references in season 2018 to where he has travelled?
3. MT79 - Can he get his Sauna cleared out in time for the mid year safooty keg party?
4. Brodlach - Will he be able to win a carton of beer this year?........not if he makes the same bet he won't.
5. Spargo - Does he have enough stock left to hold his annual shed sale?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Turbo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:14 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Bolton is under a heap of pressure. Carlton have gone backwards and he only ever has cliches. His game plan if they have one is rubbish and will be interesting to see how long he lasts if they produce the same rubbish as last year. Just because he came from the Clarko school of coaches does not mean he can coach.

Docherty will be a big loss but most players are injury free and ready for round 1. Just need to get more game time into the youngsters.

Most under pressure

1. Hinkley - Port have done nothing since 2014
2. Essendon - lot of hype for a team that hasn’t won a final for 15 years
3. Crows - after last years debacle
4. GWS - are they on the slide
5. Lyon - Freo are stagnant and his time is probably up
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Booney wrote:North Melbourne, high profile big spending mildly successful recruiting spree.

Genuine lol. High profile, who? How many All Australians did we pick up? Polec, Pittard, Hall & Tyson - high profile :lol:
Mildly successful recruiting spree, based on what? They haven’t played a game yet!
What happened on that houseboat, mate?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times

Postby Groover » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:52 pm

1. Alan Richardson - needed a result last year and didn’t get it, dare say he will be out early barring a miracle.
2. Stuart Dew - Cleaned out the house putting a lot of noses out of joint, needs to show evidence this year that the club is better off for it.
3. Harley Bennell - has had all the chances in the world, but can’t get his body right. Talent can only take him so far. Needs to play 10+ games with a couple BOGs, otherwise could find himself delisted by seasons end.
4. Sam Jacobs - great bloke and someone I respect, but had a tough year last year and with his midfield getting back on the park he has no excuses for a bad one this year. If he wants to hold on to the #1 Ruck spot and continue his career then he will need a good year.
5. Jesse Hogan - Boom or bust for freo, big recruit coming home and needs 60+ goals to justify the potentially dominant he should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby valleys07 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:06 pm

Groover wrote:1. Alan Richardson - needed a result last year and didn’t get it, dare say he will be out early barring a miracle.
2. Stuart Dew - Cleaned out the house putting a lot of noses out of joint, needs to show evidence this year that the club is better off for it.
3. Harley Bennell - has had all the chances in the world, but can’t get his body right. Talent can only take him so far. Needs to play 10+ games with a couple BOGs, otherwise could find himself delisted by seasons end.
4. Sam Jacobs - great bloke and someone I respect, but had a tough year last year and with his midfield getting back on the park he has no excuses for a bad one this year. If he wants to hold on to the #1 Ruck spot and continue his career then he will need a good year.
5. Jesse Hogan - Boom or bust for freo, big recruit coming home and needs 60+ goals to justify the potentially dominant he should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should Jacobs have a poor run of form, the Crows will most definitely drop him for O'Brien.

In fairness - the duo of Frampton/Ladhams was absolute poo, but Riley looked every bit an AFL standard ruckman from what I saw in the U23 game. Some of his tap work (including a flick out the back to a bursting Crouch) was impressive. Has good size and athleticism too for a big fella. Read up on him and his TT performances are impressive for a big bloke!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LMA » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:36 pm

goddy11 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:1. Tex
2. Collingwood/West coast - need to back up from last year
3. Hinkley - if port start poorly, he won't see the season out
4. Melbourne
5. Crows

Tex Perkin played for WWT woman's team last Saturday. 3.4 goals. This is an AFLW thread isn't it. :D

The massage table at WWT is definitely 'under pressure' then
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Maybe Bolton and Hinkley can swap jobs given they both role out cliches and have taken their teams backwards.
I’m not convinced with Bolton but not sure who could do a bettter job at Carlton.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Maybe Bolton and Hinkley can swap jobs given they both role out cliches and have taken their teams backwards.
I’m not convinced with Bolton but not sure who could do a bettter job at Carlton.

Mark Neeld, Tim Watson, Gary Buckenarra, Matt Primus to name a few
Last edited by LMA on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LMA
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:20 pm

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Mark Neeld, Tim Watson, Gary Buckenarra, Matt Primus

I reckon Primus would still be a better coach at Port than what Hinkley is.
Primus had nothing and Hinkley has everything a coach could want.
Similar results though ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 pm

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Mark Neeld, Tim Watson, Gary Buckenarra, Matt Primus to name a few

Tim Watson :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times

Postby LMA » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Mark Neeld, Tim Watson, Gary Buckenarra, Matt Primus

I reckon Primus would still be a better coach at Port than what Hinkley is.
Primus had nothing and Hinkley has everything a coach could want.
Similar results though ;)

You're right Primus didn't have a great deal to work with at the time but I didn't want to seem biased when mentioning coaches who had reputations of being no good ;)
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 pm

I think you'll find all players aren't getting any younger ;) Parker is only 26, in his prime.
LMA
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL