Under pressure.......

Talk on the national game

Re: Under pressure.......

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Bolton is under a heap of pressure. Carlton have gone backwards and he only ever has cliches. His game plan if they have one is rubbish and will be interesting to see how long he lasts if they produce the same rubbish as last year. Just because he came from the Clarko school of coaches does not mean he can coach.

Interesting Wubsy again has a thing with the Eagles. I reckon with Sydney’s ageing players they will slide. Kennedy, Parker, Jack aren’t getting any younger

Maybe Bolton and Hinkley can swap jobs given they both role out cliches and have taken their teams backwards.
I’m not convinced with Bolton but not sure who could do a bettter job at Carlton.

If Carlton were to lose Cripps to a LTI they would be better off forfeiting each week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:35 pm

Parker only 26 :shock:

I thought around 30
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Brodlach wrote:Parker only 26 :shock:

I thought around 30

Starting to move like an older guy. If you crash in it catches up. Selwood the same. Neither are cooked but the end will come pretty quick for both of these guys.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:2019 Pressure Index:

1. Corona Man - Will the departure of active wear girl compromise the quality of his Rib Eye?
2. Wedgie - Can he go better than his 258 references in season 2018 to where he has travelled?
3. MT79 - Can he get his Sauna cleared out in time for the mid year safooty keg party?
4. Brodlach - Will he be able to win a carton of beer this year?........not if he makes the same bet he won't.
5. Spargo - Does he have enough stock left to hold his annual shed sale?

Lesson finally learnt, haven't mentioned where my trip to in August is once,
I'm still in the habit of booking holidays in the SANFL finals despite North being reigning premiers! Whoops.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:11 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:North Melbourne, high profile big spending mildly successful recruiting spree.

Genuine lol. High profile, who? How many All Australians did we pick up? Polec, Pittard, Hall & Tyson - high profile :lol:
Mildly successful recruiting spree, based on what? They haven’t played a game yet!
What happened on that houseboat, mate?

The recruiting spree was high profile, not who you got, North made no bones about flashing the cash around, they missed out on several players they had a public crack at. It was the talk of the end of season period, North are after anyone whose available, "high profile".

Mildly successful, you got a few but missed out on Gaff and Shiel despite going all in on them with huge offers. So you picked up four free agents but didn't land the big fish you were wanting, "mildly successful".

See?
Last edited by Booney on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:21 am

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Bolton is under a heap of pressure. Carlton have gone backwards and he only ever has cliches. His game plan if they have one is rubbish and will be interesting to see how long he lasts if they produce the same rubbish as last year. Just because he came from the Clarko school of coaches does not mean he can coach.

Interesting Wubsy again has a thing with the Eagles. I reckon with Sydney’s ageing players they will slide. Kennedy, Parker, Jack aren’t getting any younger

Maybe Bolton and Hinkley can swap jobs given they both role out cliches and have taken their teams backwards.
I’m not convinced with Bolton but not sure who could do a bettter job at Carlton.

If Carlton were to lose Cripps to a LTI they would be better off forfeiting each week

At least our supporters still show up when we are at rock bottom.
Not like one of the Adelaide teams here when their fans went missing and tarps were required.

Carlton will be better this year and will surprise a few teams.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby stan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Not like one of the Adelaide teams here when their fans went missing and tarps were required.

Well mate, could you actually get worse than last year?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:48 am

it's not a west coast dig, it's who ever played in the GF crack. If that was the swans, i'd say the same thing...

Jack is the only one of those 3 who is cooked. Kennedy is one of the best mids in the comp and Parker when fit (has had an injury free preseason, which is rare) is a dead set gun... We have probably one of the youngest lists in the comp
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:50 am

stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Well mate, could you actually get worse than last year?[/quote]

No.
So there’s only one way to go.
If Kruezer and Murphy can stay fit and have good years to help Simpson who does it every year, Cripps and Curnow stand up again and get even better, McGovern stays fit and plays the whole year, Weitering finally stands up and holds down CHB, Mckay and Phillips continue to improve, there is some hope there.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:54 am

Hope is all you can really hold on to
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 am

amber_fluid wrote:At least our supporters still show up when we are at rock bottom.

Please, you get kissed on the dick with Friday night games that you don't deserve, on a positive note it saves me 3-5 beers each week as I'm asleep by half time, you play the likes of Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond at the G, more than once, I doubt you get many Sunday twilight games against the Gold Coast, nor play at lunch time Easter Sunday.

The "fix"ture all but assures the average crowds are sound for Carlton despite the shit brand of football they have played for years now, get some ordinary time slots and that rabble are playing in front of AFLW crowds.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:16 am

Brodlach wrote:Hope is all you can really hold on to

F88AA6F5-C2CE-4BF3-BF7A-A3EBEE356B92.jpeg
F88AA6F5-C2CE-4BF3-BF7A-A3EBEE356B92.jpeg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 706 times
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:18 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:At least our supporters still show up when we are at rock bottom.

Please, you get kissed on the dick with Friday night games that you don't deserve, on a positive note it saves me 3-5 beers each week as I'm asleep by half time, you play the likes of Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond at the G, more than once, I doubt you get many Sunday twilight games against the Gold Coast, nor play at lunch time Easter Sunday.

The "fix"ture all but assures the average crowds are sound for Carlton despite the shit brand of football they have played for years now, get some ordinary time slots and that rabble are playing in front of AFLW crowds.

Good clubs(not necessarily teams) get good time slots.
It’s pretty simple.

Enjoy those Sunday arvo games won’t you. ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

It’s pretty simple.

Port have 3 Sunday games this year, Carlton have 10 with the last round to be confirmed and with non-finalists playing Sunday we'll call it 11 for the year.

"You get what you deserve"

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby GWW » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 am

Hinkley is under no pressure at all....unlike Koch who was foolish enough to extend his contract.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:29 am

Wedgie wrote:

1. Corona Man - Will the departure of active wear girl compromise the quality of his Rib Eye?
2. Wedgie - Can he go better than his 258 references in season 2018 to where he has travelled?
3. MT79 - Can he get his Sauna cleared out in time for the mid year safooty keg party?
4. Brodlach - Will he be able to win a carton of beer this year?........not if he makes the same bet he won't.

Lesson finally learnt, haven't mentioned where my trip to in August is once,
I'm still in the habit of booking holidays in the SANFL finals despite North being reigning premiers! Whoops.

The buttons on my shirt are under the most pressure. The departure of active wear girl, will compromise the quality of my meat, but not the rib eyes!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:29 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

It’s pretty simple.

Port have 3 Sunday games this year, Carlton have 10 with the last round to be confirmed and with non-finalists playing Sunday we'll call it 11 for the year.

"You get what you deserve"

:lol:

And Carlton will still have better crowds than Port.
What excuse will you guys use now for Poor crowds?

Maybe UK Fan is right after all.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:30 am

There will be revenge this year!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:32 am

Brodlach wrote:

There will be revenge this year!

I’m all ears...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5475 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 am

amber_fluid wrote:Maybe UK Fan is right after all.

You've hit rock bottom man, rock bottom.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL