ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:33 am

thevoice wrote:You'd reckon this'll test the ATCA social media policy with what's being said online. The brothers might have a holiday coming up.

It wasn't an ATCA competition was it?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby thevoice » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:55 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
thevoice wrote:You'd reckon this'll test the ATCA social media policy with what's being said online. The brothers might have a holiday coming up.

It wasn't an ATCA competition was it?

Representing ATCA so I'd imagine it's relevant.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:51 pm

thevoice wrote:
Representing ATCA so I'd imagine it's relevant.

They probably agree with it all, the umpire put himself above the law, purely disgraceful and is a blight on the comp.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:35 pm

The law relating to penalty runs, doesn't it need a warning to be given before a 5 run penalty is awarded?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby caleb777 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Booney wrote:The law relating to penalty runs, doesn't it need a warning to be given before a 5 run penalty is awarded?

There were a number of close run outs given not out which were all safe. A caught behind appeal was adjudged not out and a para hills bowler allegedly kicked the stumps down. You dont deserve a warning when you kick the stumps down IMO.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:58 pm

caleb777 wrote:
Booney wrote:The law relating to penalty runs, doesn't it need a warning to be given before a 5 run penalty is awarded?

There were a number of close run outs given not out which were all safe. A caught behind appeal was adjudged not out and a para hills bowler allegedly kicked the stumps down. You dont deserve a warning when you kick the stumps down IMO.

If that's what occurred then I have no problem with the penalty.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The_Observant_One » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Take Caleb's comments with a grain of salt, he's originally from the Ramblers and is about as one eyed as they come.

Not saying what he has said is incorrect but generally speaking if a Ramblers player had kicked the stumps, he'd find a way to blame it on the oppositions scorer
The_Observant_One
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Booney wrote:
caleb777 wrote:

If that's what occurred then I have no problem with the penalty.

Agree, ironically I was scoring my son's semi final yesterday and a ball hit a helmet that was sitting behind the keeper, umpire correctly gave 5 runs to the batting team, had no idea how to record it in the book other than make a seperate entry under Sundries.

Played nearly 40 years of cricket and still see something you haven't come across before.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Isn’t there a row called “penalty runs” in the sundries area below no balls?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby caleb777 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:59 pm

The_Observant_One wrote:Take Caleb's comments with a grain of salt, he's originally from the Ramblers and is about as one eyed as they come.

Not saying what he has said is incorrect but generally speaking if a Ramblers player had kicked the stumps, he'd find a way to blame it on the oppositions scorer

Lol. All this hate towards the Ramblers is hilarious. Im just going on what i was told and if you do read the comment I do say "allegedly", hardly one eyed champ.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:03 pm

caleb777 wrote:
The_Observant_One wrote:Take Caleb's comments with a grain of salt, he's originally from the Ramblers and is about as one eyed as they come.

Lol. All this hate towards the Ramblers is hilarious. Im just going on what i was told and if you do read the comment I do say "allegedly", hardly one eyed champ.

I may well have played against caleb, I wouldn't be doing either Coro side any favors mate. ;)

You say "allegedly" I say "If that's what happened" you cop a whack. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:Isn’t there a row called “penalty runs” in the sundries area below no balls?

Not in the scorebook I was using, we made our own anyway.

Another irony is it was Coro Ramblers u16's that received the 5 runs
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Harry49 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:13 pm

No stumps were kicked down. The 5 run penalty was for swearing at the umpire
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Harry49 wrote:No stumps were kicked down. The 5 run penalty was for swearing at the umpire

Is that a rule?

How do umpires determine what is a runs penalty and what is a report? Would seem dangerously subjective.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Harry49 wrote:No stumps were kicked down. The 5 run penalty was for swearing at the umpire

Is that a rule?

How do umpires determine what is a runs penalty and what is a report? Would seem dangerously subjective.

Yes, it's a rule in ATCA, but not sure if it applies to SAMCA games. Obviously the umpire thoight it did. In ATCA, the use of the 5 run penalty should be preceded by a first and final warning, which could involve a player being put on report. Any furtber indiscretions would incur a 5 run penalty.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Keefy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Isn’t there a row called “penalty runs” in the sundries area below no balls?

Not in the scorebook I was using, we made our own anyway.

Another irony is it was Coro Ramblers u16's that received the 5 runs
Took the umpires a moment to work out what happened too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:06 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Is that a rule?

Yes, it's a rule in ATCA, but not sure if it applies to SAMCA games. Obviously the umpire thoight it did. In ATCA, the use of the 5 run penalty should be preceded by a first and final warning, which could involve a player being put on report. Any furtber indiscretions would incur a 5 run penalty.

It is a law of cricket, law 42. There are 4 levels, the first is warning for minor unacceptable conduct and any further minor infringement is 5 penalty runs. Level are slightly more serious unacceptable conduct and penalty runs are awarded without any warning. The third is that a player is sent off for a period of time and level 4 is goodbye, no more involvement in the match. Any level can be a report.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:20 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Is that a rule?

It is a law of cricket, law 42. There are 4 levels, the first is warning for minor unacceptable conduct and any further minor infringement is 5 penalty runs. Level are slightly more serious unacceptable conduct and penalty runs are awarded without any warning. The third is that a player is sent off for a period of time and level 4 is goodbye, no more involvement in the match. Any level can be a report.

ATCA have bylaw D32 which acts in lieu of Law 42. Given this was a SAMCA game, you can only assume Law 42 has been applied correctly if the Para Hills player swore at the umpire. Lucky he wasn't sent off.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:51 am

"Get ****** ******* hell ****"

"Easy, settle down, enough"

"Get ****** ******* shit **** ****"

"-5 runs"

That a fair assessment?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:23 am

Booney wrote:"Get ****** ******* hell ****"

"Easy, settle down, enough"

"Get ****** ******* shit **** ****"

"-5 runs"

That a fair assessment?

I'm sure @Harry49 can fill in the blanks for us. Other than that the 5 runs are added to the oppositions score not deducted from the offending team's score
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps