I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:40 am

JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:But if you/the office didn’t raise the issue with his sister when you did she may not have gone and checked when she did.

Bloke emailed us last night and apparently they’ve taken him above knee now, poor bastard, was in a bit of shock myself when I found that out. Gone from an infected foot one week to amputee the next :shock:

Diabetes is ruthless.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:17 am

By all accounts he’s really lucky to be alive. Cheers for all the advice guys, it’s been greatly appreciated.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby HH3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 am

Is it just me, or are women becoming more condescending in the workplace? Or has it always been like this?

Basically every call I've taken this morning, the males have finished with a "Thanks mate" and the females have finished with a jab on the way out.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 am

HH3 wrote:Is it just me, or are women becoming more condescending in the workplace? Or has it always been like this?

Basically every call I've taken this morning, the males have finished with a "Thanks mate" and the females have finished with a jab on the way out.

No, just people dealing with you, I think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:12 am

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:Is it just me, or are women becoming more condescending in the workplace? Or has it always been like this?

Bloody women!

Does anyone else use the term ‘guys’ when referring to either sex?
I use it when referring to a group in emails.
I use it all the time and more and more females say they’re offended.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:17 am

Booney wrote:

Nah, it's definitely them. I'm delightful.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:17 am

amber_fluid wrote:Does anyone else use the term ‘guys’ when referring to either sex?

Yep. "Fella" too.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby HH3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:19 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Bloody women!

Does anyone else use the term ‘guys’ when referring to either sex?
I use it when referring to a group in emails.
I use it all the time and more and more females say they’re offended.

I use "guys" for everyone. If I know them, I call girls "bro" or "bruh" too.

Just seems like these women hate their jobs so much they just talk to people like shit.

I had one the other day (who had in fact f**ked up herself) keep starting every sentence with "I'm not being rude, but..." and then being an absolute c**t.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:But if you/the office didn’t raise the issue with his sister when you did she may not have gone and checked when she did.

Bloke emailed us last night and apparently they’ve taken him above knee now, poor bastard, was in a bit of shock myself when I found that out. Gone from an infected foot one week to amputee the next :shock:

Diabetes is ruthless.

Absolutely it is. Inside the last 12 months, an uncle and an auntie of mine have experienced exactly what JK has described above. Infection in the foot, resulted in both having amputation from the knee.

5 of the 6 siblings on mums side are type 1 diabetics. Despite my eating habits and exercise routine being of a pretty reasonable standard, I was partial to the odd packet of potato chips, can of soft drink and block of chocolate. Since the above has happened, I have pretty well cut all of those things right out of my diet. Best to make a change now, in an attempt to avoid the diagnosis. Be stuffed if I am losing a limb if I can help it.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby JK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 am

valleys07 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Diabetes is ruthless.

Absolutely it is. Inside the last 12 months, an uncle and an auntie of mine have experienced exactly what JK has described above. Infection in the foot, resulted in both having amputation from the knee.

5 of the 6 siblings on mums side are type 1 diabetics. Despite my eating habits and exercise routine being of a pretty reasonable standard, I was partial to the odd packet of potato chips, can of soft drink and block of chocolate. Since the above has happened, I have pretty well cut all of those things right out of my diet. Best to make a change now, in an attempt to avoid the diagnosis. Be stuffed if I am losing a limb if I can help it.

Ive had a few of my own health concerns, that lead to a doctor (off the record of course) recommending I try getting on the Hooch for relief. It helps, but the downside is the amount of sugary crap I eat when I get the munchies lol. This has been a massive eye opener for me on areas of diet and lifestyle I need to change, such has been the shock of how quickly this has all unfolded.

I really didn't know much about Diabetes and still don't really, but I clearly need to educate myself on the condition. I'd imagine given how sombre the mood is in the office, I wouldn't be the only one thinking that way.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 am

valleys07 wrote:

My step-son from my previous marriage was mis-diagnosed by our local GP on a Friday, we were told he had a viral infection, he seemed very frail and when he unusually slept in on the Saturday I went in and checked up on him to see him virtually lifeless trying to reach out to me, I picked him up, put him in the car for the wife to take him to the WCH.
I rang the GP who then informed me that the receptionist got the results mixed up and his BSL was in the 70's and required immediate medical attention.............the night before.
I rang the hospital, they didn't believe me, the wife got him there and they took one look at him and took him away, they lost him twice and to their credit he was able to pull through, it was the scariest couple of days of my life.
It was a massive learning curve of food and nutrition after that, a fair bit to take on as a 13 year old, unfortunately his life was cut short in a car accident in 2015 as a 20 year old.

I have a few mates who have lost limbs also from not respecting the disease.

On a side note, a kid with ADHD can be covered by the health care system but a kid with diabetes can't, his medication was very expensive and it was to keep him alive.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:28 am

JK wrote:
Ive had a few of my own health concerns, that lead to a doctor (off the record of course) recommending I try getting on the Hooch for relief. It helps, but the downside is the amount of sugary crap I eat when I get the munchies lol. This has been a massive eye opener for me on areas of diet and lifestyle I need to change, such has been the shock of how quickly this has all unfolded.

I really didn't know much about Diabetes and still don't really, but I clearly need to educate myself on the condition. I'd imagine given how sombre the mood is in the office, I wouldn't be the only one thinking that way.

Type 1 diabetes is caused by the immune system mistakenly turning on itself, destroying beta cells within the pancreas and removing the body's ability to produce insulin.
Insulin allows the body to process sugar to create energy - without insulin, the body literally starves as it cannot process food, it then eats away at it's own body fat.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:31 am

These things become your bible every time you eat, you need to weigh up the amount of insulin you inject per serving of food, difficult when dining out.

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:49 am

JK wrote:

BTW JK, can you send me the number of your doctor??? ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

BTW JK, can you send me the number of your doctor??? ;)

Haha, trust me mate I'd gladly swap the choof for not having this condition
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My step-son from my previous marriage was mis-diagnosed by our local GP on a Friday, we were told he had a viral infection, he seemed very frail and when he unusually slept in on the Saturday I went in and checked up on him to see him virtually lifeless trying to reach out to me, I picked him up, put him in the car for the wife to take him to the WCH.
I rang the GP who then informed me that the receptionist got the results mixed up and his BSL was in the 70's and required immediate medical attention.............the night before.

I have to wonder - does this mean that some other mug with a simple virus rocked up to the emergency department claiming to have elevated BSL?

Myself, there is type 2 diabetes in blood relatives on both sides of the family. My card is marked; reckon I'll get it some time in the future.

A former senseii of mine was diabetic. He was taken to a hospital with some seemingly unrelated complaint - and woke up a few days later minus a leg. In due course he was fitted with a prosthesis. Can't say it harmed his technique at all. Apart from an inability to sit in seiza, you'd never know he had a fake leg. Pretty inspirational stuff.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:53 am

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My step-son from my previous marriage was mis-diagnosed by our local GP on a Friday, we were told he had a viral infection, he seemed very frail and when he unusually slept in on the Saturday I went in and checked up on him to see him virtually lifeless trying to reach out to me, I picked him up, put him in the car for the wife to take him to the WCH.

I have to wonder - does this mean that some other mug with a simple virus rocked up to the emergency department claiming to have elevated BSL?

Myself, there is type 2 diabetes in blood relatives on both sides of the family. My card is marked; reckon I'll get it some time in the future.

A former senseii of mine was diabetic. He was taken to a hospital with some seemingly unrelated complaint - and woke up a few days later minus a leg. In due course he was fitted with a prosthesis. Can't say it harmed his technique at all. Apart from an inability to sit in seiza, you'd never know he had a fake leg. Pretty inspirational stuff.

Is that you Daniel son?
I never knew Mr Miyagi had a fake leg.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 am

Pseudo wrote:

I rang through and told them my wife was on her way, the lady who answered told me that she didn't believe me and that he would be dead if it was that high, she hung up on me when I was insisting it was the case.

Type 2, although the chances increase along blood lines, diet has a fair bit to do with it, regular GP check ups to warn you if levels are high can help you be more observant of what you put inside of yourself.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 am

amber_fluid wrote:Is that you Daniel son?
I never knew Mr Miyagi had a fake leg.

Well he never wore shorts did he?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am

Anyone know a company in Adelaide that tows away cars parked where they shouldn’t be?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion