I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:05 am

Brodlach wrote:Anyone know a company in Adelaide that tows away cars parked where they shouldn’t be?

I'll ask my mate Mater.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:06 am

Brodlach wrote:Anyone know a company in Adelaide that tows away cars parked where they shouldn’t be?

Council not helped?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:15 am

Theres a wreckers at Greenfields that likes to take cars without permission. Try them.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Council not helped?

Nope private car park
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:

Council not helped?

Nope private car park

https://www.pripark.com.au/services/una ... -vehicles/

See if they have an Adelaide office.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Thanks, tried them but no Adelaide office. Bloke from WA said they would be opening an office here mid year
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:42 pm

To those that saw the RHCP Sunday, how was the concert?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Brodlach wrote:To those that saw the RHCP Sunday, how was the concert?

Bloody good.
Biggest crowd I’ve ever seen at a concert too.
Though getting a beer was a pain in the arse as the lineup were massive.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:03 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Bloody good.

How was the weather? hope it wasn't red hot or too chilli. Somewhere in between would have been perfect

I'll see myself out
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Bloody good.

Right back neat the Moto-X jump the bar was 5 minutes tops.

@Brodlach I enjoyed it, I haven't seen the RHCP since they fronted the BDO in 2000. Long time between drinks.

Set list was a bit all over the place, played a few songs for the masses, played a few for the people who know the discography inside and out, I think they under played their main "hits" though. For instance, Go Robot and Dark Necessities ( off 2016's The Getaway ) wouldn't have been known by many and Dreams of Samurai in the en core, also off The Getaway, not many knew. Soul to Squeeze ( early 90's ), Dani California ( from Stadium Arcadia ) another one that missed the mark.

Musically they are top shelf, jamming between songs Flea comes into his own, Keidis is a quality front man, Smith can play the drums and the lead ( I think it's Kilnghoefter or something like that ) can shred.

Touring an album, sure, play the album and give the die hards at the one off gigs the new stuff but at a gig like the 500 where there's loads of "ring ins" for want of a better term, play the big hits. Out of about 19 or 20 songs they played 4 or 5 ( mentioned above ) that not many would know, they played a few covers ( Stevie Wonders Higher Ground was cool ), a couple of them from bands I didn't know.

Musically - 8.5/10, I was a long way back and it was a bit breezy so it wasn't perfect for me, I'd imagine it was 9.5/10 up close.
Set list - 6/10 for mine, was all over the place.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:13 pm

More importantly, how was the foot traffic regulation?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:16 pm

HH3 wrote:More importantly, how was the foot traffic regulation?

Inept.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Booney wrote:

Inept.

Should've consulted you.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:22 pm

What Boon said.

They would have been restricted with their set list a bit given the event they were playing at. Plenty of people around me were expecting a 2 hour set I assume this was based on interstate shows where they were the event.

No mucking about between songs, a small jam and a bit of Flea and it was into the next one.

Sunday GA tickets were $110 and I've paid $50 more to see other big name Rock bands headline their own show, was a good get to Test the new location. Speaking of location I thought it worked well, side of stage grandstand seats which was not available at the old location.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:26 pm

heater31 wrote:What Boon said.

They would have been restricted with their set list a bit given the event they were playing at. Plenty of people around me were expecting a 2 hour set I assume this was based on interstate shows where they were the event.

No mucking about between songs, a small jam and a bit of Flea and it was into the next one.

Sunday GA tickets were $110 and I've paid $50 more to see other big name Rock bands headline their own show, was a good get to Test the new location. Speaking of location I thought it worked well, side of stage grandstand seats which was not available at the old location.

RHCPs the second biggest show at Victoria Park ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:28 pm

HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Inept.

Should've consulted you.

I agree.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm

HH3 wrote:

I didn’t know you played gridiron at Victoria Park?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Set times were listed 8:30 to 10:00pm. They came on around 8:45 and were done by 9:50, 25 minutes short from what was publicized.

Where I bumped into you was not far from where we stood, I made little attempt to get closer than that as once you got to the two storey Coopers Bar it was chaotic.

I'll reserve judgement on the new location as I wasn't in among it to find out what the escape routes were like, we skedaddled out gate 8 to Fullarton Road and left pretty much as soon as Smith grabbed the mic to jabber away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Brodlach wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I didn’t know you played gridiron at Victoria Park?

Equal best place to play with Coopers Stadium (Norwood edition).
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Booney wrote:

Set times were listed 8:30 to 10:00pm. They came on around 8:45 and were done by 9:50, 25 minutes short from what was publicized.

Where I bumped into you was not far from where we stood, I made little attempt to get closer than that as once you got to the two storey Coopers Bar it was chaotic.

I'll reserve judgement on the new location as I wasn't in among it to find out what the escape routes were like, we skedaddled out gate 8 to Fullarton Road and left pretty much as soon as Smith grabbed the mic to jabber away.
I was level with the sound booth right of stage just off a dolomite path which during the Day was the walking track to the top of the hairpin. Escaped at the end of the show onto the track and through the Supercars Pit Paddock and rejoined the track at the chicane, snaked it up Wakefield and East terrace to exit via gate 6 and Grenfell St.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion