2019 SANFL Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

Postby UK Fan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:44 am

Dogs 15.7(97)
Eagles 11.14(80)

Fort kicked 5 for the dogs
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Big Phil » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Brodlach wrote:SEN to cover SANFL games this season

Any word on who will be calling the games for them?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Any word on who will be calling the games for them?

Article I saw it didn’t mention commentators
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LMA » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:52 am

Brett wrote:
stampy wrote:i would like to know why they need three ******* drafts[/quote

I've said the same for years . No Rookie drafts and the rest . Pick one squad . If that is not good enough then poor selection. Demetriou started the rot and to think he came from the players association. Yeah it is all good now focussing on the elite but one day it will all fall over if they dont look after the foundations.

You wouldn't want a national Reserves comp like most on here want then, AFL clubs would need to increase their squad to 60. That would significantly diminish the standard of the comp.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brett » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Id like just one list of players which has nothing to do with AFL reserves. The AFL should be interested more about the game itself not solely just the elite competition surely. I am not a fan of the AFL reserves in our comp but it is what it is. I see hardly of the franchises supporters attend anyway. Leave it how it is and its probably time to increase the fee for the privilege to play in a traditional footy comp.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:30 pm

LMA wrote:
Brett wrote:
stampy wrote:i would like to know why they need three ******* drafts[/quote

I've said the same for years . No Rookie drafts and the rest . Pick one squad . If that is not good enough then poor selection. Demetriou started the rot and to think he came from the players association. Yeah it is all good now focussing on the elite but one day it will all fall over if they dont look after the foundations.

You wouldn't want a national Reserves comp like most on here want then, AFL clubs would need to increase their squad to 60. That would significantly diminish the standard of the comp.

Doubtful list size would change. every afl club has a reserves team now and the 44 players on the list hasn’t changed.

They’ll just use top ups like they do now imho.

An extra 16 players would add an extra $1 - $1.5 mill in salary cap per club per year.

Poorer clubs like port couldn’t afford that
Last edited by UK Fan on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:48 pm

Posted Friday March 8th
#Sandrasully
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby southee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm

darley16 wrote:I reluctantly renewed my South membership this year in spite of my fears about a mid-season draft, now just weeks before the season starts our best recruit who we paid for, moved him here from Victoria, found a employment for and offered a home to is about to be drafted to Sydney!!!!! For this South Adelaide receive NOTHING! I want my membership money back, the SANFL IS DEAD, IT'S OVER and i'am now over it. (restraining from swearing my fu&%*#@ head off!!!)

Feeling the same Darley.

Looks like the AFL's grand plan to get rid of the state competition.

Our club gets rorted once again !!!! :evil:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Spargo wrote:

Posted Friday March 8th
#Sandrasully

??
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times

Postby ol man emu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:24 am

southee wrote:
darley16 wrote:I reluctantly renewed my South membership this year in spite of my fears about a mid-season draft, now just weeks before the season starts our best recruit who we paid for, moved him here from Victoria, found a employment for and offered a home to is about to be drafted to Sydney!!!!! For this South Adelaide receive NOTHING! I want my membership money back, the SANFL IS DEAD, IT'S OVER and i'am now over it. (restraining from swearing my fu&%*#@ head off!!!)

Feeling the same Darley.

Looks like the AFL's grand plan to get rid of the state competition.

Our club gets rorted once again !!!! :evil:

And you think SANFL and South don't rort the competition and clubs below them.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:01 am

Was moving the lad to Adelaide giving employment and a home all under the salary cap ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Barracker1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 am

Up she bobs again !! Firstly emu Name 1 player that South have rorted from local clubs, used or abused. They have been allowing players to go back to their local clubs if not picked or when byes have been allocated. They have also provided coaching clinics for GSFL clubs and SFL clubs and had SAFC players attend local coaching clinics. Senior and junior coaches at South have attended local footy matches to support players that have gone back into local footy and supported inter league games as well. Secondly shoe boy all the support given to Hayden McLean was above board, transparent and inside all the rules applied. Yet another barb from the vocal local. Here's a thought Why don't you guys focus on your local footy and maybe every now and then turn up to an sanfl game and support them. Your absence is noted.
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:31 am

Barracker1 wrote:Up she bobs again !! Firstly emu Name 1 player that South have rorted from local clubs, used or abused. They have been allowing players to go back to their local clubs if not picked or when byes have been allocated. They have also provided coaching clinics for GSFL clubs and SFL clubs and had SAFC players attend local coaching clinics. Senior and junior coaches at South have attended local footy matches to support players that have gone back into local footy and supported inter league games as well. Secondly shoe boy all the support given to Hayden McLean was above board, transparent and inside all the rules applied. Yet another barb from the vocal local. Here's a thought Why don't you guys focus on your local footy and maybe every now and then turn up to an sanfl game and support them. Your absence is noted.

Barracker1 , I regularly attend SA games including the 16 game on the wend !
I asked a simple straight question .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby southee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:32 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Was moving the lad to Adelaide giving employment and a home all under the salary cap ?

Shoe boy and emu obviously have a grudge against the club.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Barracker1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Judging by previous posts I' pretty sure you might be right. I didn't realise that airfares, getting a recruit employment and then billoting them with a volunteer family came under salary cap classification.
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 pm

southee wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Shoe boy and emu obviously have a grudge against the club.[/quote]

I cant speak for emu but reference to myself is incorrect .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby darley16 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:33 pm

McLean has been drafted to Sydney, the deal to be announced later today for no compensation! That's it for me, i'am out :(
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:38 pm

darley16 wrote:McLean has been drafted to Sydney, the deal to be announced later today for no compensation! That's it for me, i'am out :(

is he any good?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:42 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
darley16 wrote:McLean has been drafted to Sydney, the deal to be announced later today for no compensation! That's it for me, i'am out :(

is he any good?

:shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Barracker1 wrote:Up she bobs again !! Firstly emu Name 1 player that South have rorted from local clubs, used or abused. They have been allowing players to go back to their local clubs if not picked or when byes have been allocated. They have also provided coaching clinics for GSFL clubs and SFL clubs and had SAFC players attend local coaching clinics. Senior and junior coaches at South have attended local footy matches to support players that have gone back into local footy and supported inter league games as well. Secondly shoe boy all the support given to Hayden McLean was above board, transparent and inside all the rules applied. Yet another barb from the vocal local. Here's a thought Why don't you guys focus on your local footy and maybe every now and then turn up to an sanfl game and support them. Your absence is noted.

South are outstanding at their communication and engagement with the local clubs, cannot fault them one bit, we have more communication and face to face visits from them than our actual zoned SANFL club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL