Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:24 am

Why when I go to take a photo on my phone it defaults to "live", it's annoying.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:28 am

Booney wrote:The 500 have moved the concerts from the CBC main oval to in front of the old Victoria Park Grandstand, WTF have they done that for?

60,000 was uncomfortable and almost unsafe on the expanses of the main oval and surrounds, now there's two foot bridges to get in and out and it's right down Fullarton Road end of the track, how the **** are people getting home from there?

Yep real shit move, would love to know why they've done it, I thought having the concert on CBC's oval was fine.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Booney wrote:The 500 have moved the concerts from the CBC main oval to in front of the old Victoria Park Grandstand, WTF have they done that for?

60,000 was uncomfortable and almost unsafe on the expanses of the main oval and surrounds, now there's two foot bridges to get in and out and it's right down Fullarton Road end of the track, how the **** are people getting home from there?

Yep real shit move, would love to know why they've done it, I thought having the concert on CBC's oval was fine.
Reckon they can cram more into the concerts now on those lawns with a good view of the stage?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:20 am

heater31 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Reckon they can cram more into the concerts now on those lawns with a good view of the stage?

I can't see how. When Kiss and Motley Crue played a couple of years ago and an estimated 60,000 were on hand it was ugly, tough, but manageable. It was also "on the way out" for people back to town, can you imagine post RHCP where there's 40-50,000+ streaming through the walkways before they get to the East Tce end?

I can't see how this venue will work anywhere near as well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:29 am

Booney wrote:
I can't see how. When Kiss and Motley Crue played a couple of years ago and an estimated 60,000 were on hand it was ugly, tough, but manageable. It was also "on the way out" for people back to town, can you imagine post RHCP where there's 40-50,000+ streaming through the walkways before they get to the East Tce end?

Might have to walk "under the bridge" to get to the "otherside".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Might have to walk "under the bridge" to get to the "otherside".

After that post you need to “give it away, give it away now”...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spangas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:41 am

You can both suck my kiss
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:41 am

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Stick to air flow management, and leave the foot traffic decisions to the qualified experts mate.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Drunk
And on a lime scooter
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 am

Spangas wrote:You can both suck my kiss

Why, have you been breaking the girl?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:49 am

Spargo wrote:
After that post you need to “give it away, give it away now”...

OK, I'll go jump in my aeroplane.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:50 am

....and this is where I abandon this thread.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 am

Last edited by Booney on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am

HH3 wrote:Stick to air flow management, and leave the foot traffic decisions to the qualified experts mate.

I'm sure the graduate traffic engineer thought long and hard about how to **** things up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 am

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:Stick to air flow management, and leave the foot traffic decisions to the qualified experts mate.

I'm sure the graduate traffic engineer thought long and hard about how to **** things up.

If you need to wipe your arse, I'm your man.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 am

6 years for Pell, but likely to only serve the non-parole of 3 yrs and 8 months. So many favourable factors included to reduce the weight of the sentence is just staggering. Notably the judge wants him to return to live his days out in the community and understands his high profile means he's already been subjected to unfavourable behaviour. Meanwhile the victims have life sentences. This country should be ashamed of how bent/lenient our judicial system is most of the time.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:52 am

JK wrote:6 years for Pell, but likely to only serve the non-parole of 3 yrs and 8 months. So many favourable factors included to reduce the weight of the sentence is just staggering. Notably the judge wants him to return to live his days out in the community and understands his high profile means he's already been subjected to unfavourable behaviour. Meanwhile the victims have life sentences. This country should be ashamed of how bent/lenient our judicial system is most of the time.

Meanwhile, one of the bodies in the barrel guys is going to court to fight for a parole date (currently never to be released)

I wonder how that'll go...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am

Footy Chick wrote:
JK wrote:6 years for Pell, but likely to only serve the non-parole of 3 yrs and 8 months. So many favourable factors included to reduce the weight of the sentence is just staggering. Notably the judge wants him to return to live his days out in the community and understands his high profile means he's already been subjected to unfavourable behaviour. Meanwhile the victims have life sentences. This country should be ashamed of how bent/lenient our judicial system is most of the time.

Meanwhile, one of the bodies in the barrel guys is going to court to fight for a parole date (currently never to be released)

Vlassakis would be due soon wouldn't he?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:04 pm

They did it under the guise of ‘lessening the damage to the CBC facilities’ but if you’ve been there the last few years, it was pretty much moved there to cover up the fact that they continuing to strip back the off track entertainment available from previous examples.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby valleys07 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 pm

HH3 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Vlassakis would be due soon wouldn't he?

Would be staggered if the courts even pondered the thought of imposing a parole date for Wagner, let alone actually going ahead with it. One of the few characters where literally locking him up and throwing away the key is most appropriate.

Vlassakis is serving life with a non-parole period of 26 years. Given they were sentenced in 2003, i'm not sure if that factors in time already served? I'd say he would be due around 2025-2029. Mark Haydon, the other conspirator, is serving 25 years with 18 years non-parole, so he would be due very soon, as early as 2021.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion