Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:40 pm

HH3 wrote:Anyway...

Same time tomorrow boys?

See ya there.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mots02 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Same time tomorrow boys?

Your fishing brings all the boys to the yard =D>

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:51 pm

mots02 wrote:

Same time tomorrow boys?

Your fishing brings all the boys to the yard =D>

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

HH3 wrote:Its funny because one Port Power supporter says it was always one club, while another says the Port Magpies were born in 1997 because Port Power is the Magpies, but then the Magpies and Power joined each other in 2012.

Very murky indeed.

What you're continually failing to recognize is the "Magpie" or the "Power" are only nicknames. Collingwood aren't the "Collingwood Magpies Football Club", St Kilda aren't the "St Kilda Saints Football Club", they're just nicknames.

The Port Adelaide Football Club, since 1870, has always been the Port Adelaide Football Club. From 1870 to 1997 that club competed in the SANFL, in 1997 it joined the AFL.

In 1997, because the SANFL knew it was dead without a Port Adelaide presence, forced our hand and the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club was established. All facts, not opinions.

At the time the Port Adelaide Football Club were prepared to leave the SANFL and have no presence in that league, as noted above Max Basheer ( you may have heard that name ) and his cronies sent the PAMFC to Ethelton to keep the other SANFL clubs happy. I understand why they did that, a unified club ( at that time ) would have potentially been a power (pun intended) in itself. Fringe AFL players would have headed to PAMFC in the SANFL as a direct link to the AFL, the SANFL side would have had advantages other SANFL sides did not have and let's be fair, we'd been kicking everyone's sorry arse for 30 years at that point.

There has never been a "Port Adelaide Power Football Club", you'll dig up some manufactured document from some front desk lady to back up your story, it's an interweb bollocks. "Port Power" merchandise, no different to "Adelaide Crows" merchandise ( they aren't the Adelaide Crows Football Club ) is marketing and marketing alone.

If you wish to deny the above, that's up to you, I back my knowledge on the subject and if you believe you can offer a counter argument ( other than that manufactured letter or a picture of a Port Power jacket from the late 90's ) I'll be happy to listen.

Consider a club like the West Adelaide Football Club who have been nicknamed the Bottle Tops, Red and Blacks, the Wolves, the Blood and Tars and the Bloods in their history, do they have 5 "histories" because their nickname changed?

The Hawthorn Football Club, originally black with a red sash, who then became blue and yellow changed their colours to brown and gold upon entry to the VFL because Williamstown already wore blue and yellow, at this time they were known as the "Mayblooms". So are they not who they "claim" to be and, if they aren't, then I look forward to you debating their history ad nauseam with their supporters on here.

I like beer. Cheers.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mots02 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:Its funny because one Port Power supporter says it was always one club, while another says the Port Magpies were born in 1997 because Port Power is the Magpies, but then the Magpies and Power joined each other in 2012.

Very murky indeed.

What you're continually failing to recognize is the "Magpie" or the "Power" are only nicknames. Collingwood aren't the "Collingwood Magpies Football Club", St Kilda aren't the "St Kilda Saints Football Club", they're just nicknames.

The Port Adelaide Football Club, since 1870, has always been the Port Adelaide Football Club. From 1870 to 1997 that club competed in the SANFL, in 1997 it joined the AFL.

In 1997, because the SANFL knew it was dead without a Port Adelaide presence, forced our hand and the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club was established. All facts, not opinions.

At the time the Port Adelaide Football Club were prepared to leave the SANFL and have no presence in that league, as noted above Max Basheer ( you may have heard that name ) and his cronies sent the PAMFC to Ethelton to keep the other SANFL clubs happy. I understand why they did that, a unified club ( at that time ) would have potentially been a power (pun intended) in itself. Fringe AFL players would have headed to PAMFC in the SANFL as a direct link to the AFL, the SANFL side would have had advantages other SANFL sides did not have and let's be fair, we'd been kicking everyone's sorry arse for 30 years at that point.

There has never been a "Port Adelaide Power Football Club", you'll dig up some manufactured document from some front desk lady to back up your story, it's an interweb bollocks. "Port Power" merchandise, no different to "Adelaide Crows" merchandise ( they aren't the Adelaide Crows Football Club ) is marketing and marketing alone.

If you wish to deny the above, that's up to you, I back my knowledge on the subject and if you believe you can offer a counter argument ( other than that manufactured letter or a picture of a Port Power jacket from the late 90's ) I'll be happy to listen.

Consider a club like the West Adelaide Football Club who have been nicknamed the Bottle Tops, Red and Blacks, the Wolves, the Blood and Tars and the Bloods in their history, do they have 5 "histories" because their nickname changed?

The Hawthorn Football Club, originally black with a red sash, who then became blue and yellow changed their colours to brown and gold upon entry to the VFL because Williamstown already wore blue and yellow, at this time they were known as the "Mayblooms". So are they not who they "claim" to be and, if they aren't, then I look forward to you debating their history ad nauseam with their supporters on here.

I like beer. Cheers.

mots02
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm

It is, now. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 pm

No one cares what Power supporters think anyway..........

;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 pm

amber_fluid wrote:No one cares what Power supporters think anyway..........

;)

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Very murky indeed.

I like beer. Cheers.

Since we're starting again... a couple of points on the statement in bold.

a) how can it be a fact if it never happened and therefore the outcome is unknown? At best its an opinion on a untested hypothetical.
b) Where's Morell when he's needed to sort the facts from the opinions?!
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 pm

The Magpies weren’t established in 1997.
They were relocated to Ethelton instead.

Admin changed as did staff and players but IMO the team relocated to Ethelton was still the PAFC.

The Power was established in 1997.

I like beer too!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm

mots02 wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Very murky indeed.

I like beer. Cheers.

b) Where's Morell when he's needed to sort the bull from the shit

EFA
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:19 pm

amber_fluid wrote:The Magpies weren’t established in 1997.

Admin changed as did staff and players but IMO the team relocated to Ethelton was still the PAFC.

I like beer too!

This is now a debate on monikers and football clubs.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LMA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:21 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:If there were no Collingwood there would be no debate. Port would still be Black and White and be called the Magpies and simpletons either side of the fence would of accepted it

But there is a Collingwood.............

But if there wasn't you wouldn't need to be in the closet anymore
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:24 pm

I like beer too!

And where did the Power come from? Refer to earlier ball sack post
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 pm

valleys07 wrote:

I like beer too!

This is now a debate on monikers and football clubs.

As opposed too?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:42 pm

LMA wrote:

I like beer too!

And where did the Power come from? Refer to earlier ball sack post

They were adopted! ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Admin changed as did staff and players

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would've thought the Magpies '97 squad had more Magpies '96 squad members than the Power '97 squad did?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Booney wrote:

I like beer. Cheers.

A little off topic here but If we are talking facts and opinions then I'm calling you on this one. Let's be accurate, Port we're kicking everyone's sorry arse for ten years not thirty. In the twenty years before that Sturt were the dominant side in terms of premierships and Norwood equalled your premiership tally during the period. In fact, prior to the 1977 breakthrough, Port were almost Glenelg like in Grand finals with five grand final losses in ten years.

I like beer too. :D

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:21 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:

I like beer. Cheers.

A little off topic here but If we are talking facts and opinions then I'm calling you on this one. Let's be accurate, Port we're kicking everyone's sorry arse for ten years not thirty. In the twenty years before that Sturt were the dominant side in terms of premierships and Norwood equalled your premiership tally during the period. In fact, prior to the 1977 breakthrough, Port were almost Glenelg like in Grand finals with five grand final losses in ten years.

I like beer too. :D

Regards,

REB

Port are Sturts bitches when it comes to grand finals. I believe we have the best record against Port in Grad Finals than any other club SANFL ;)
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 am

amber_fluid wrote:We were having fun til you joined in.
HH3 threw the line and we all took it.

who threw the line???? ;)

Happy for HH3 to take the blame on this one
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL