Eagles seeking compensation

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 am

That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby JK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 am

bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers

Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby o five » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:May I ask an innocent question?

Did WWT comply with this?

5.5 COUNTING OF PLAYERS 5.5.1 5.5.2 Request by Captain
The captain or acting captain of a Team may at any time during a Match request that the field Umpire count the number of Players of the opposing Team who are on the Playing Surface.

Most on here seem to be missing this. Great post.
No compensation in my eyes.
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby goddy11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers

Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.

Its good you thought about your response because I shudder to think what it would have been if it was spontaneous. Seriously makes no sense :D
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby JK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 am

goddy11 wrote:
JK wrote:
Cheers

Its good you thought about your response because I shudder to think what it would have been if it was spontaneous. Seriously makes no sense :D

About as much sense as chasing compo after blowing an 8 goal lead :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:09 am

JK wrote:
Cheers

Norwood getting a different result in the GF is a hypothetical scenario

Eagles missing out on an opportunity to play in the GF isn’t. This is why I don’t see a correlation JK.

If north were ruled to miss the GF I guarantee Greg Griffin would of demanded compensation. And fair enough.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:10 am

JK wrote:
Cheers

Central may not have lost 10 matches during the year either if we didn't play badly (very very badly!!) in those matches. Does that mean we should also be able to apply for compensation??? After all, if we hadn't lost those matches, we theoretically may have played in the GF. Should the other 7 clubs be able to too??
Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation. If they lost revenue, it is because they didn't play well enough to win the GF. At least they had the chance to, it was all in their hands.
Yes, my arguments are nonsensical but just trying to let you see how nonsensical yours is, JK, my friend.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am

o five wrote:

The captain or acting captain of a Team may at any time during a Match request that the field Umpire count the number of Players of the opposing Team who are on the Playing Surface.

Not missing it’s irrelevant.

They didn’t due to a north adelaide officials “gross negligence” as per the sanfl ruling.

If it was as simple as Eagles didn’t ask for a headcount end of story.

North wouldn’t of been fined and deducted points for this year.

Btw for the record I think the SANFL made the correct call but Eagles should receive compensation.

Yet again we aren’t talking about millions of dollars. But $50k - $100k I don’t see as unreasonable.
Last edited by UK Fan on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 am

UK Fan wrote:
JK wrote:
Cheers

Eagles missing out on an opportunity to play in the GF isn’t. This is why I don’t see a correlation JK.

If north were ruled to miss the GF I guarantee Greg Griffin would of demanded compensation. And fair enough.

LOL, why would Adelaide United demand compensation? :lol:
Would they have got more people to games if the SANFL got less?
Drawing a long bow there! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby knowledge » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

rd wrote:The Prelim Final last year will be talked about for many years to come - maybe it will take over from the 1982 Granger Prelim Final as the most discussed PF in history. WWT lead by 52 points during the 3rd quarter and yet lose to North Adelaide who by the way had a 19th man on the ground for a few minutes in the last quarter. WWT lost the game and the opportunity to play in a Grand Final which killed off the usual financial benefits associated with being a GF team. North won the game but lost $10,000 to the SANFL. So only the SANFL gained out of this saga - to the tune of $10,000. To me the SANFL should pass that $10k onto the WWTFC and quietly take steps to ensure this 19th man event never occurs again...

Good luck getting that to happen. They would've already increased Parkinson's salary by that + some. Lots of collective 'snouts in the trough' at War Memorial Drive.....
Last edited by knowledge on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am

Wedgie wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
JK wrote:
Cheers

LOL, why would Adelaide United demand compensation? :lol:
Would they have got more people to games if the SANFL got less?
Drawing a long bow there! :lol:

Fair point. That would be Greg Edwards sorry Wedgie.

I got my Greg’s mixed up.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 am

bulldogproud wrote:Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation.

This is the subjective part Im trying to point out. If the Eagles playing in the GF could have delivered increased revenue based on them beating Norwood, then surely the opposite is also true that Norwood's revenue could have been increased had they beaten the Eagles?

Every aspect of this discussion and the compensation being sought is based around "If my aunty had balls" scenario's.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:59 am

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Norwood at least had the opportunity to win the GF as they participated in it. Therefore, they lost no revenue as a result of the PF situation.

This is the subjective part Im trying to point out. If the Eagles playing in the GF could have delivered increased revenue based on them beating Norwood, then surely the opposite is also true that Norwood's revenue could have been increased had they beaten the Eagles?

Every aspect of this discussion and the compensation being sought is based around "If my aunty had balls" scenario's.

JK's right, the Eagles could have given up an 8 goal lead and lost the GF too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

As stated in my original post The result is irrelevant to the claim.

it’s the loss of opportunity to “compete” in a GF they are seeking compo for.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

... without Norwood needing an extra man!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

as ive said before, the extra man didn't cost them the win. It was the inability to finish a side off.. But good deflecting by the eagles
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm

UK Fan wrote:
o five wrote:

They didn’t due to a north adelaide officials “gross negligence” as per the sanfl ruling.

Btw for the record I think the SANFL made the correct call but Eagles should receive compensation.

Yet again we aren’t talking about millions of dollars. But $50k - $100k I don’t see as unreasonable.

It’s irrelevant because you say it is?
I don't think its irrelevant.
They didn't comply with the Laws of Australian Football. That's relevant.

The next bit is only my opinion:
I would have squashed the entire problem on the following Monday but why do that when you can string it out for a week and get some interest in your GF so the majority of spectators actually pay for a ticket?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Like you paid for a ticket. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
o five wrote:

It’s irrelevant because you say it is?
I don't think its irrelevant.
They didn't comply with the Laws of Australian Football. That's relevant.

The next bit is only my opinion:
I would have squashed the entire problem on the following Monday but why do that when you can string it out for a week and get some interest in your GF so the majority of spectators actually pay for a ticket?

Irrelevant cos the sanfl already ruled that the headcount didn’t occur due to north’s negligence.

Not because eagles stuffed up.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:45 pm

When did they rule that?
I'm not sure how North's negligence could have stopped any head count occurring.

Eagles captain to the umpire 1 minute into the last quarter: "I want a head count"
Umpire: "Sorry mate, North's negligence means that can't happen"
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL