Eagles seeking compensation

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Booney wrote:Like you paid for a ticket. :lol:

Correct me if I’m wrong Mr Boon. But didn’t port receive compensation from the state gov cos the PAFC fans missed out on pregame entertainment due to a train strike ??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Brett » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:So why then have North copped a penalty ?

Anyway who cares , maybe the SANFL could also sue for a loss . We all know there would have been 10000 less people attend.

What if it was Glenelg, Sturt or even Port in the Eagles place?
The crowd figure reasoning is irrelevant.

Then the SANFL would have an increase in revenue. That was the initial point . :lol:
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am

What the result would’ve been had there not been 19 players on the field at the start of the last quarter is unknown. You could make a case for either side winning.

The only fair way to have decided the result would’ve been a full replay, as the QC recommended. The SANFL made it not possible for a replay to occur, presumably for commercial reasons. The AFL indicated if it was their competition, the Eagles would’ve been playing the GF.

The decision was made and North Adelaide won a great Grand Final - one of the great premiership triumphs of all time. That is all that matters and that goes down in the history books.

However, how they could fine and penalise points against North Adelaide and at the same time not give financial compensation to the Eagles for potential loss of income for competing in a Grand Final caps off an all-round embarrassing handling of the situation by the SANFL.

Anyway, bring on season 2019.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Wedgie wrote:When did they rule that?
I'm not sure how North's negligence could have stopped any head count occurring.

Eagles captain to the umpire 1 minute into the last quarter: "I want a head count"
Umpire: "Sorry mate, North's negligence means that can't happen"

Due norths interchange steward incorrectly stating extra player was down in the rooms receiving treatment.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-09- ... fmredir=sm

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/new-ru ... f-players/

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm

UK Fan wrote:
I'm not sure how North's negligence could have stopped any head count occurring.

Eagles captain to the umpire 1 minute into the last quarter: "I want a head count"

Due norths interchange steward incorrectly stating extra player was down in the rooms receiving treatment.

Nowhere in either of those articles does it mention that North's interchange steward stated there was an extra player down in the rooms receiving treatment nor does it mention how their negligence stopped the Eagles captain asking for a count.
:?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:54 pm

Spargo wrote:

Anyway who cares , maybe the SANFL could also sue for a loss . We all know there would have been 10000 less people attend.

Someone always takes it too far, talking about Glenelg being in a Grand Final, just being silly now. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Someone always takes it too far, talking about Glenelg being in a Grand Final, just being silly now. :D

Off topic I know, but could you imagine if BOTH Glenelg & North Melbourne were in grand finals the same year.... Spargo & Dutchy would be in full voice.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Off topic I know, but could you imagine if BOTH Glenelg & North Melbourne were in grand finals the same year.... Spargo & Dutchy would be in full voice.

1977 - long time ago...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby UK Fan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Nowhere in either of those articles does it mention that North's interchange steward stated there was an extra player down in the rooms receiving treatment nor does it mention how their negligence stopped the Eagles captain asking for a count.
:?

So they just changed the rules for no reason ?

So what were you found “grossly negligent” over then Wedgie ???

Are you saying an interchange steward didn’t incorrectly inform the Eagles of the extra player receiving attention in the rooms ??

I thought this had been widely accepted months ago as the root cause to the issue.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:00 pm

You said " the sanfl already ruled that the headcount didn’t occur due to north’s negligence. "
I'm just saying that is absolute twaddle and you still haven't shown anywhere the SANFL said that.
It was pretty obvious at the time that the headcount didn't occur because the Eagle's captain didn't request one as required by the rules
If anything, common sense states the obvious in that a headcount COULD have occurred due to North's negligence.
Your statement is ridiculous and never stated by anyone else including the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Wedgie wrote:You said " the sanfl already ruled that the headcount didn’t occur due to north’s negligence. "
I'm just saying that is absolute twaddle and you still haven't shown anywhere the SANFL said that.
It was pretty obvious at the time that the headcount didn't occur because the Eagle's captain didn't request one as required by the rules
If anything, common sense states the obvious in that a headcount COULD have occurred due to North's negligence.
Your statement is ridiculous and never stated by anyone else including the SANFL.

And...

Same as u haven’t shown the sanfl ruled the eagles negligent for not ordering a headcount so........

But the articles produced prove north were found grossly negligent. And rules have been changed re: match day officials and head counts at start of quarters to avoid what happened last year.

I wonder why the rule change ?? If you can’t find the answer Speak to a sanfl official they will tell you why :roll:

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Sweet geezus, that's a hillarious take. Using that logic if I can't jump through the ground I must be able to fly through the sky.

The Eagles captain at any time could have called for a headcount, he didn't and the negligence of the other side could not affect his ability to. It's quite simple. I can show you a replay of the game where he clearly at no time called for a headcount, feel free to confirm this with any of the umpires or the SANFL or even the Eagles themselves. The SANFL didn't need to rule this as it was obvious to everyone (obviously except for you) just like they didn't need to rule the sky was blue and the grass was green that day.

North were negligent, no doubt about that, noone has argued that, but that didn't cause the Eagles captain to lose his ability to communicate with the umpires like you ridiculously inferred and I took exception to.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Wedgie wrote:Sweet geezus, that's a hillarious take. Using that logic if I can't jump through the ground I must be able to fly through the sky.

The Eagles captain at any time could have called for a headcount, he didn't and the negligence of the other side could not affect his ability to. It's quite simple. I can show you a replay of the game where he clearly at no time called for a headcount, feel free to confirm this with any of the umpires or the SANFL or even the Eagles themselves. The SANFL didn't need to rule this as it was obvious to everyone (obviously except for you) just like they didn't need to rule the sky was blue and the grass was green that day.

North were negligent, no doubt about that, noone has argued that, but that didn't cause the Eagles captain to lose his ability to communicate with the umpires like you ridiculously inferred and I took exception to.

So why were north punished if it was the eagles captains fault ??

That makes no sense to me.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:44 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Sweet geezus, that's a hillarious take. Using that logic if I can't jump through the ground I must be able to fly through the sky.

Exactly, under the rules they shouldn't have been. It makes no sense to anyone that read the rules.

Nothing was the Eagle Captains fault, he missed his opportunity to win the game just like many players miss opportunities to do things that could impact a game.

That all is completely beyond the point discussed that someone elses negligence somehow magically stopped someone else from being able to communicate with the umpire which is ridiculous. Pure and simple.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

If it was Sturt I'd be peaking they blew a 47 point lead 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Exactly, under the rules they shouldn't have been. It makes no sense to anyone that read the rules.

Nothing was the Eagle Captains fault, he missed his opportunity to win the game just like many players miss opportunities to do things that could impact a game.

That all is completely beyond the point discussed that someone elses negligence somehow magically stopped someone else from being able to communicate with the umpire which is ridiculous. Pure and simple.

I know for a fact that the Eagles captain was never told to call for a headcount. If someone has says otherwise it's a load of crap
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:21 pm

mighty hounds wrote:I know for a fact that the Eagles captain was never told to call for a headcount. If someone has says otherwise it's a load of crap

I'm not aware of anyone that has said otherwise.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:I know for a fact that the Eagles captain was never told to call for a headcount. If someone has says otherwise it's a load of crap

I saw a comment through the quotes that said the Eagles captain could have called for a head count.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:39 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I saw a comment through the quotes that said the Eagles captain could have called for a head count.

Of course he could have, any captain of any team could have called for a count at any time, that was the rules. That's a different point again and an undisputed one I would think.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby another grub » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:28 am

Still not sure how u cocks sleep at night
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 402 times