Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:21 pm

They don't appear to have lost any though - both teams would be reasonably expecting significant "organic growth" (crows term :oops: ) from within given the quailty of the youth they had running around last season.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:13 pm

Have just notice Ben Galic pending to head to the Hills footy league now?? Is something going on at Virginia? Staple clearance still pending from 22/11/18 and Bartlett denied 13/2/19 and Panagiotou denied just yesterday? This isn’t giving me much confidence that Virginia are going to improve from where they were last year! 7th or 8th is looking on the cards for them
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby OnSong » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:30 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:Have just notice Ben Galic pending to head to the Hills footy league now?? Is something going on at Virginia? Staple clearance still pending from 22/11/18 and Bartlett denied 13/2/19 and Panagiotou denied just yesterday? This isn’t giving me much confidence that Virginia are going to improve from where they were last year! 7th or 8th is looking on the cards for them

They're usually denied over a financial dispute that often gets settled before the start of the season.

I didn't realise Matt Wiestra was leaving United?? Both him and Tyler out of the Tigers is pretty big for them.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:48 pm

OnSong wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:Have just notice Ben Galic pending to head to the Hills footy league now?? Is something going on at Virginia? Staple clearance still pending from 22/11/18 and Bartlett denied 13/2/19 and Panagiotou denied just yesterday? This isn’t giving me much confidence that Virginia are going to improve from where they were last year! 7th or 8th is looking on the cards for them

They're usually denied over a financial dispute that often gets settled before the start of the season.

I didn't realise Matt Wiestra was leaving United?? Both him and Tyler out of the Tigers is pretty big for them.

Define “financial dispute”.
I thought maybe what Virginia are paying may have been getting looked into (I haven’t heard anything, just a guess)
Any club that brings in 2 players of the quality of Staple and Bartlett would have to draw some attention.
Hard to believe that a club somewhere wouldn’t have offered 1 of those guys more than $500 a game

Weistra and Tyler - probably 2 of the club’s best 3 players from last year isn’t great for the boys under the water tower
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
OnSong wrote:

I thought maybe what Virginia are paying may have been getting looked into (I haven’t heard anything, just a guess)
Any club that brings in 2 players of the quality of Staple and Bartlett would have to draw some attention.
Hard to believe that a club somewhere wouldn’t have offered 1 of those guys more than $500 a game

Weistra and Tyler - probably 2 of the club’s best 3 players from last year isn’t great for the boys under the water tower

You can refuse clearances under the clause that player owes the club money. Subs, has a guernsey etc etc
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:41 am

OnSong wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:
OnSong wrote:

You can refuse clearances under the clause that player owes the club money. Subs, has a guernsey etc etc

Or has a signed contract.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
OnSong wrote:

It will be very hard for the teams outside the 4 last year to break into it this year with all the player movements.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:
OnSong wrote:

It will be very hard for the teams outside the 4 last year to break into it this year with all the player movements.

As it has been for a while - when was the last time Balak, Mallala, Two Wells and Virginia didn’t make up 3 of the top 4?
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:45 am

Good question. Probably around the same time as the points system was introduced? No coincidence really. Bigger towns have more juniors.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:
OnSong wrote:They're usually denied over a financial dispute that often gets settled before the start of the season.

As it has been for a while - when was the last time Balak, Mallala, Two Wells and Virginia didn’t make up 3 of the top 4?

Mallala
Hummocks Watchman
Balaklava
United
Two Wells
Virginia
Hamley Bridge
OnSong
Coach

Postby Tanka » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:52 am

Is Galic a Ruckman headed to Gumeracha?
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:03 am

OnSong wrote:2008
Mallala
Hummocks Watchman
Balaklava
United
Two Wells
Virginia
Hamley Bridge

The year the streaker knocked himself out in the prelim :lol:
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:04 am

Tanka wrote:

Is Galic a Ruckman headed to Gumeracha?

Yep, with Nathan Warren at a guess.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Spangas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Mallala
Hummocks Watchman
Balaklava
United
Two Wells
Virginia
Hamley Bridge

Still one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a footy field!
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:36 am

Spangas wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Mallala
Hummocks Watchman
Balaklava
United
Two Wells
Virginia
Hamley Bridge

Funnier than you running into an open goal in the b grade gf the year before and then getting done holding the ball?
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Spangas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:38 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Spangas wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Mallala
Hummocks Watchman
Balaklava
United
Two Wells
Virginia
Hamley Bridge

Funnier than you running into an open goal in the b grade gf the year before and then getting done holding the ball?

:lol: Was sick of kicking it to you
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Clearance out to the SANFL for Jacob Pedler.
Big loss for Hummocks based on last year, at least for the short-term - not if he comes back though!
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Not to forget Stanley would of been Virginia marquee player from last year and really the only shining light for them! So wouldn’t expect him to be taking a huge pay cut to fit in Staple and Bartlett.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Any news from last night's APFL meeting regarding potential rule changes?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Any news from last night's APFL meeting regarding potential rule changes?

Not sure but you would assume that the 666 and the runner rule wont be bought in. The rest would be fine imo.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy