PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Failed Creation » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:39 am

I think the North Pines - Enfield game in Grade 4 should be a humdinger at Westies' second deck.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby the joker » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Failed Creation wrote:I think the North Pines - Enfield game in Grade 4 should be a humdinger at Westies' second deck.
North Pines hit 4/398

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Failed Creation » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 pm

the joker wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I think the North Pines - Enfield game in Grade 4 should be a humdinger at Westies' second deck.
North Pines hit 4/398

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, even on that postage stamp of a ground, that's insane!

By contrast, NEK were rolled for 88, with the Eyre Royals 1/55 in reply.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Bedge » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:43 pm

the joker wrote:North Pines hit 4/398

Lol.. ouch! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:03 am

Congrats to NEK on their win Saturday - they've had a bit of a monkey on the back for a while now when it comes to Semi Finals - credit to them they finally managed to break through yesterday. Was a good game in the end, low scoring encounters tend to be a bit more tense.

Little disappointed in how the season finished up, we cost ourselves dearly over the two days - first with dropped catches Saturday, then with a lack of application and poor shot selection with the bat. Was pleasing to see our tail grit it out though - something that we have lacked for many years.

Coming up from G3 was always going to be a test for us, and struggled this year for consistency both with performance and lineups.. but we were competitive so probably exceeded expectations. Next season will be a genuine test for us though, expect a very different looking outfit.. too many of us wrong side of 30 at the moment.

NEK v Units GF should be an absolute hum dinger! Good luck to both sides x
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:05 am

Justin Carman putting in a vintage effort to take his side to victory over Eastern Park.. huge!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 am

The Bedge wrote:Justin Carman putting in a vintage effort to take his side to victory over Eastern Park.. huge!

He was my concern for the Parkers, big game player.

Craigmore let Westies off the hook as they turned 7/119 into 285, Travvy saving the day with 85 as Parkhouse supported with 45 not out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Looks like One Tree Hill underachieved again!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm

whufc wrote:Looks like One Tree Hill underachieved again!

To their defence, they didn't really look that strong on paper consistently, both grades lost their semi's.

Now is the time for the delegates to make changes while it wont affect too many clubs, too many times delegates go to the AGM to get their named ticked off, changes need to occur.

The Units were on their arse in October and wanted to go down a Grade, or at least renege on promotion, their wish was granted.

6 months later, they have earnt promotion again, they aren't ready for it unless Woody and perhaps Fenners return, we need a 6 team per Grade set up, I'm not knocking the Units at all here, infact I applaud them for sticking it out when it seemed too hard and they have made the most out of what they had left, they'll probably end up with a premiership the way they have traveled in the back 7.

Leave Grade 1 how it is wit the top 6 staying put, let NEK build for another year and bring Dublin and Riverside down to Grade 2, keep Enfield and the Pines there and start again fresh from here.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:40 pm

100% agree.. although if North Haven join, stick them in 2 and Enfield can go down - we will be up shit creek next year lol. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:100% agree.. although if North Haven join, stick them in 2 and Enfield can go down - we will be up shit creek next year lol. :lol:

Is Carl's brother leaving?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:100% agree.. although if North Haven join, stick them in 2 and Enfield can go down - we will be up shit creek next year lol. :lol:

Is Carl's brother leaving?

He's not leaving, but his commitment levels will be significantly reduced as his wife returns to work - only committed this year because she was on Mat Leave.

Add in Johns who will be 47 by start of next season, Gully who wishes to go down, Brasser who is almost 40, Whatman played out of his depth this year - not sure if any of those will play A grade next year.

Also at this stage, unless the comp was to change to 6 team divs, I intend to scale back my playing commitments - need to have some "me time", being heavily involved in sport 12 months of the year takes its toll.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:08 pm

Agree six could work, the comp I played in has 7 (3 games a week the same as 6) and it’s still pretty good

I think PDCA could make it work better than the comp I play in as the 6 would all be competitive. The danger comes if you have a couple of ordinary teams the amount of competitive games really dwindles which happens in the Stanley association.

It’s also a pretty nice feeling knowing that there is a fair chance you will get to have a crack at finals.

Would you only have 1 team up 1 team down.

Personally I would love to see 3 seperate comps (2 dayers/1 dayers/t20) or at very least 2 seperate comps. Would keep interest in the season for teams longer and if each div had its own promotion/relegation then you will still play enough different teams to keep interest high which could be a danger of a 6 Team comp.

I have heard a lot of players from different clubs love the new clubs coming in and a opportunity to play different players and grounds. The biggest issue I have ever heard from players is PDCA can get a bit stale.

I also wouldn’t mind a 7 team comp and found the bye to be pretty handy and more ‘family friendly’ knowing there was a couple of weeks we could go away, do other things etc. I never thought I would like the bye but now love it.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:17 pm

whufc wrote:Agree six could work, the comp I played in has 7 (3 games a week the same as 6) and it’s still pretty good

I think PDCA could make it work better than the comp I play in as the 6 would all be competitive. The danger comes if you have a couple of ordinary teams the amount of competitive games really dwindles which happens in the Stanley association.

It’s also a pretty nice feeling knowing that there is a fair chance you will get to have a crack at finals.

Personally I would love to see 3 seperate comps (2 dayers/1 dayers/t20) or at very least 2 seperate comps. Would keep interest in the season for teams longer and if each div had its own promotion/relegation then you will still play enough different teams to keep interest high which could be a danger of a 6 Team comp.

I have heard a lot of players from different clubs love the new clubs coming in and a opportunity to play different players and grounds. The biggest issue I have ever heard from players is PDCA can get a bit stale.

I also wouldn’t mind a 7 team comp and found the bye to be pretty handy and more ‘family friendly’ knowing there was a couple of weeks we could go away, do other things etc. I never thought I would like the bye but now love it.

1 up 1 down.

Yeah, 3 separate comps, top 2 play in the GF for the shorter formats, 2nd and 3rd play off for a spot in the GF for the 2 dayer.

Maybe play some double/triple headers for the T20's or chuck a midweek game in to shorten the season.

7 team comps may work out in your comp as they are all one dayers so you'll only miss one week, bit different in the PDCA IMO, plus blokes want to play each week.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:21 pm

We have the 2 day stuff seperate to the 1 day stuff - effectively different comps with their own promotion/relegation.

7 teams has merit, a bye would be good, but would no doubt upset some who have byes at awkward times.

I'd support 6 teams in 2 day comp, and keep 8 in the one day stuff - one day comp would then finish the week before the 2 day GF, and you might get a bit more support out from members.

Start the season a week later, take your test weekend, aus day weekend off and look to finish minor round end of Feb - season wrapped up mid March.. avoid most of the "Mad March" stuff that happens in Adelaide, give people a decent break between footy and cricket at both ends of the season, and potentially extend the playing days of those who are getting on a bit.

I love 14 games and playing lots of cricket.. but it is getting harder each year, and it makes for a really long season.

2 up, 2 down could still work.

*edit* - oooh you mean seperate comps as like the Barossa and have a GF for each format lol.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:35 pm

I mean seperate comps with seperate finals even if that meant in the one dayers you play round of games. That hasn’t come in at PDCA yet has it?

Yeah the comp I’m in we only play 12 one dayers a year which is no where near enough. In saying that you play each team home and away. Finals is played over 3 weeks with week one being 1v2 winner in the GF, 3v4 loser eliminated and then a prelim and GF so it’s one the fairest systems getting around.

On the flip side imo PDCA is too long which makes it hard to commit to a whole season or potentially play but miss a fair few games which is a neusance for teams, captains, players

I like the idea of the gap between footy and cricket provided it doesn’t mean footy teams just start playing trials earlier coz the grounds are available.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 pm

Slightly changed my mind - Grade 1 is still the pinnacle, lets leave it 8 team, 14 round comp.
Stagger the season start/finish dates so you have GF's over three consecutive weeks - LO's week 1, 2 day comp D2 and below week 2, Grade 1 week 3.

Grade 1
1. Salisbury West
2. Angle Vale
3. Eastern Park
4. Craigmore
5. Virginia
6. Parafield Gardens
7. North Eastern Knights
8. Central United

Grade 2
1. Dublin
2. Riverside
3. North Haven
4. North Pines
5. Enfield
6. Angle Vale 'B'

Grade 3
1. Craigmore 'B'
2. Eyre Royals
3. ATCO
4. Smithfield
5. One Tree Hill
6. Peninsula Pirates

Grade 4
1. Salisbury West 'B'
2. Parafield Gardens 'B'
3. Eyre Royals 'B'
4. Enfield 'B'
5. North Haven 'B'
6. North Pines 'B'

Grade 5
1. Dublin 'B'
2. ATCO 'B'
3. North Eastern Knights 'B'
4. Enfield United 'C'
5. Salisbury West 'C'
6. Craigmore 'C'

Grade 6
1. Riverside 'B'
2. ATCO 'C'
3. North Haven 'C'
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??

Grade 7 (LO1)
1. Para Vista 'A'
2. Salisbury North 'A'
3. Adelaide Warriors 'A'
4. North Pines 'C'
5. One Tree Hill 'B'
6. Smithfield 'B'
7. Eastern Park 'B'
8. Central United 'B'

Grade 8 (LO2)
1. VHP 'A'
2. Two Wells 'A'
3. Peninsula Pirates 'B'
4. Virginia 'B'
5. Angle Vale 'C'
6. North Pines 'D'
7. Salisbury West 'D'
8. Enfield 'D'

Grade 9 (LO3)
1. Craigmore 'D'
2. Eyre Royals 'C'
3. Parafield Gardens 'C'
4. Para Vista 'B'
5. Angle Vale 'D'
6. North Pines 'E'
7. Craigmore 'E'
8. North Haven 'D'

OIthers: Eyre Royals 'D', ATCO 'D', Salisbury West 'E'
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Fixture (2 day D2 and below)
Rd 1 - Oct-26 & Nov-2
Adel Test Weekend Nov-9
Rd 2 - Nov-16 & Nov-23
Rd 3 - Nov-30 & Dec-7
Rd 4 - Dec-14
Rd 5 - Dec-21
Xmas break 28-Dec & 4-Jan
Rd 6 - Jan-11
Rd 7 - Jan-18
Aus Day weekend 25-Jan
Rd 8 - Feb-1
Rd 9 - Feb-8
Rd 10 - Feb 15 & Feb 22
SF: Feb-29 & Mar-1
GF: Mar-7 & Mar-8
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Fixture (LO GRADES)
Rd 1 - 19-Oct
Rd 2 - 26-Oct
Rd 3 - 2-Nov
Adel Test 9-Nov
Rd 4 - 16-Nov
Rd 5 - 23-Nov
Rd 6 - 30-Nov
Rd 7 - 7-Dec
Rd 8 - 14-Dec
Rd 9 - 21-Dec
Rd 10 - 11-Jan
Rd 11 - 18-Jan
Aus Day weekend 26-Jan
Rd 12 - 1-Feb
Rd 13 - 8-Feb
Rd 14 - 15-Feb
SF: 22-Feb
GF: 29-Feb
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Agree six could work, the comp I played in has 7 (3 games a week the same as 6) and it’s still pretty good

1 up 1 down.

Yeah, 3 separate comps, top 2 play in the GF for the shorter formats, 2nd and 3rd play off for a spot in the GF for the 2 dayer.

Maybe play some double/triple headers for the T20's or chuck a midweek game in to shorten the season.

7 team comps may work out in your comp as they are all one dayers so you'll only miss one week, bit different in the PDCA IMO, plus blokes want to play each week.

Yeah I could see the byes might not work because of the 2dayers but I was massively in the hate byes camp coz I wanted to play every week but now at 35 with a family I actually have completely flipped and love a couple of byes in the season. Normally I would just take a couple of weeks off but with all clubs struggling for numbers you let your team down by doing that.

I love the idea of a few midweek games, would definitely make the working week go quicker, Thursday night would be perfect! Would be a great money spinner for a club!! Imagine having them at say EP after Jan with footy pre season guys on the bottom oval then staying on for drinks etc
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps