Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Do those fancy glasses make the beer taste better?

You get different tastes from different vessels with the same beer. How many people have you heard say "I can drink draught out of a tap but not the can"? Or "I don't mind pale out the keg but not from the stubbie"? There's a difference.

I use the pilsner glass for pilsners, wheat and lighter lagers, the Willi becher for heavier lagers and pale ales, the tulip for darker, heavier beers and when I can't be arsed the imperial pint.

Classy mob down the Port.

I grew up down the Port.
It was a pint glass or you went thirsty.

I have done the beer tasting with different glasses and beers and they explained the reasons why.
6 pints in and it’s all the same anyway..........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 am

Dave from Alberton blaming society for Wagner

Questions need to be asked to 5AA management as to how they allow a staff member to say such a derogatory comment.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:11 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Do those fancy glasses make the beer taste better?

You get different tastes from different vessels with the same beer. How many people have you heard say "I can drink draught out of a tap but not the can"? Or "I don't mind pale out the keg but not from the stubbie"? There's a difference.

I use the pilsner glass for pilsners, wheat and lighter lagers, the Willi becher for heavier lagers and pale ales, the tulip for darker, heavier beers and when I can't be arsed the imperial pint.

Classy mob down the Port.

I spent 5 years dealing with winewankers (sorry I meant winemakers, easy to get it wrong) & they say the same.
My attitude is, if you like the taste (no matter what it comes in) then drink it. Could be goon straight out the bag for all I care
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:34 am

The continual bitching about the AFLW is baffling... Also the reaction to that photo of Tayla Harris... Disgrace!

People bitch and moan about the standard, the comp is in its infancy!!! Look at the standard of footy in the 60, 70's and 80's of the men's comp compared to the current standard, it is junk!!! And that comp had been going for decades!

Don't like it, don't watch it. Simples. How anyone can find a negative is unbelievable. It is giving little girls and grown women the opportunity to play a sport they love at a professional level!

Also while I am at, how people are more annoyed by an egg than bullets!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:46 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Dave from Alberton blaming society for Wagner

Well he's wrong. Richard Wagner came up with Ride Of The Valkyries all by himself; society had no input whatsoever.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am

woodublieve12 wrote:The continual bitching about the AFLW is baffling... Also the reaction to that photo of Tayla Harris... Disgrace!

People bitch and moan about the standard, the comp is in its infancy!!! Look at the standard of footy in the 60, 70's and 80's of the men's comp compared to the current standard, it is junk!!! And that comp had been going for decades!

Don't like it, don't watch it. Simples. How anyone can find a negative is unbelievable. It is giving little girls and grown women the opportunity to play a sport they love at a professional level!

Also while I am at, how people are more annoyed by an egg than bullets!!!

I only bitch about it when people bitch about people who bitch about it. It's still shit to watch.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 am

Pseudo wrote:

Well he's wrong. Richard Wagner came up with Ride Of The Valkyries all by himself; society had no input whatsoever.

As I said on FB last night

How was Wagners mental health when he was sticking lit sparklers up some guys willy?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:54 am

Footy Chick wrote:
As I said on FB last night

How was Wagners mental health when he was sticking lit sparklers up some guys willy?

Of a person who was mentally challenged also.

This group picked on the weak and unpopular, they pinpointed those that would go un-noticed in society to claim their centrelink benefits, they tortured and killed a young lad I grew up with who wouldn't hurt a fly, how they are still alive baffles me.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 am

Questions need to be asked to 5AA management as to how they allow a staff member to say such a derogatory comment.

Was there a follow up statement of how society was to blame?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:13 am

woodublieve12 wrote: ....the reaction to that photo of Tayla Harris... Disgrace!

Hard to fathom how the ogres who posted the disparaging remarks have enabled themselves with internet access.

Absolute morons, men like you and me ( and numerous others on here and in general society ) are tarnished with the rock ape brush because a few dickheads seem threatened by a girl kicking a football. Time to call these people out, time they grew up and showed some respect.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby carey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:21 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote: ....the reaction to that photo of Tayla Harris... Disgrace!

Hard to fathom how the ogres who posted the disparaging remarks have enabled themselves with internet access.

Absolute morons, men like you and me ( and numerous others on here and in general society ) are tarnished with the rock ape brush because a few dickheads seem threatened by a girl kicking a football. Time to call these people out, time they grew up and showed some respect.

My views on the standard of AFLW have been made clear in the AFLW thread, I've never knocked the effort the ladies put in but the standard IMO is terrible and obviously with anything over time it will improve thats simply natural progression but, the commenets of the photo are absolutely ridiculous and clearly by some people who have no football background at all as that kicking action was almost perfect, i wouldnt mind that action myself.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:23 am

carey wrote:
My views on the standard of AFLW have been made clear in the AFLW thread, I've never knocked the effort the ladies put in but the standard IMO is terrible and obviously with anything over time it will improve thats simply natural progression but, the commenets of the photo are absolutely ridiculous and clearly by some people who have no football background at all as that kicking action was almost perfect, i wouldnt mind that action myself.

I didn't see any of the comments but could imagine.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:26 am

I saw the pic, and some of the comments last night. Was tempted to comment about the Guernsey, but as a Hawthorn supporter I really can't criticize any other clubs Guernsey, now can I.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 am

Sure you can.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:59 am

I thought it was a great photo, reminds me of the Ted Whitten statue
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:00 am

Ch7 have had a good few days regarding AFLW
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 am

He actually blamed society for not letting Wagner know that prison would be tough, part of Wagner's bid for a parole date was his mental health was suffering because the prison environment is tough. We let him down.

At least I think that was his point, blokes a bit loose so you never really know what he's on about.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 am

carey wrote:
Booney wrote:

I didn't read any of the comments myself, but i was under the impression that some smart arses were taking close ups of what she had for breakfast.

Classy.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 am

Booney wrote:He actually blamed society for not letting Wagner know that prison would be tough, part of Wagner's bid for a parole date was his mental health was suffering because the prison environment is tough. We let him down. .

... not sure if serious or...
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:21 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:He actually blamed society for not letting Wagner know that prison would be tough, part of Wagner's bid for a parole date was his mental health was suffering because the prison environment is tough. We let him down. .

... not sure if serious or...

Sarcasm? I'd say sarcasm. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion