AFLW - Womens AFL

Talk on the national game

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Gozu wrote:We as a society have still got such a long way to go.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/aflw/ ... 62de5b8fb3

I disagree, society in the main understands this is unacceptable, some knuckle dragging oafs who live on the fringes of society haven't worked it out yet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Booney wrote:

I disagree, society in the main understands this is unacceptable, some knuckle dragging oafs who live on the fringes of society haven't worked it out yet.

Unfortunately platforms like social media give those outspoken minorities greater voice than they deserve and shows as a society we still have a long way to go and these issues will continue to surface.

No different to aboriginal matters, terrorist issues, politics views, domestic violence etc etc.. the minorities are the trolls who create divide.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

Unfortunately platforms like social media give those outspoken minorities greater voice than they deserve and shows as a society we still have a long way to go and these issues will continue to surface.

No different to aboriginal matters, terrorist issues, politics views, domestic violence etc etc.. the minorities are the trolls who create divide.

That's it, they're the minorities, most of us just appreciated the image for what it was worth, an athlete doing their thing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Booney wrote:That's it, they're the minorities.

Sadly the minorities are always the most vocal.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:34 pm

Booney wrote:

I should've clarified my post was more in response to what Channel 7 did by taking down her pic because it was being trolled so heavily instead of doing the right thing and removing the offending comments.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:47 pm

Gozu wrote:
Booney wrote:

I should've clarified my post was more in response to what Channel 7 did by taking down her pic because it was being trolled so heavily instead of doing the right thing and removing the offending comments.

Yeah, they themselves admitted they got it wrong, I know what you meant though, we do have a long way to go.

I'd rather they went into the troll's profiles and put pics of them up on their page calling them out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm

What cracks me up during times like this is the men telling the women that it is not all men who behave this way.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:58 pm

MW wrote:What cracks me up during times like this is the men telling the women that it is not all men who behave this way.

W

Why does it?

Saw a number of “women” also comment but that hasn’t been mentioned
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:59 pm

why are people so offended by AFLW??? Literally has zero bearing on their life... Dumb c**** everywhere
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:why are people so offended by AFLW??? Literally has zero bearing on their life... Dumb c**** everywhere

I'm not offended by it. I just think it's shit to watch. As for the other stuff you're talking about, I have seen the pic but none of the comments so can't comment on that.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

AFLW - Womens AFL

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:18 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:why are people so offended by AFLW??? Literally has zero bearing on their life... Dumb c**** everywhere

I’m not offended by it. I just think it’s just a terrible standard and so choose not to watch it. There is plenty of men’s football you couldn’t pay me to watch either though.
I haven’t seen the pic or comments on social media so cant comment on that but if there is any abuse that’s not on
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:53 pm

It doesn't bother me at all, I don't watch much of It so for me as you Saudi has almost zero bearing on my life.

I guess it's must be to do with the $$$ the AFL are pushing into it and want the product is at the moment. That's my guess but honestly I have take poll or really asked what people's problems are.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 am

I think "offended" is a poor adjective here.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 am

stan wrote:It doesn't bother me at all, I don't watch much of It so for me as you Saudi has almost zero bearing on my life.

I guess it's must be to do with the $$$ the AFL are pushing into it and want the product is at the moment. That's my guess but honestly I have take poll or really asked what people's problems are.

People like footy, they like to watch their teams play whether it be under 12's, AFL or AFLW in this case.

Do you think you'd be more inclined to monitor the progress if West Coast had a team @stan? Not a dig, just a question.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, both carey and Bum Crack voice their opinions but don't ram them down everyone else's throats, each to their own, we can't all agree on everything.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:54 am

That is a very good point LM. I enjoy watching our C’s as much as the A’s

Carey with Port too?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 am

I dont watch any of the AFLW - because I dont really have an interest in it (to be fair dont watch a lot of AFL these days either), and also because of the timing of games i'm usually busy.

However, i'm a massive advocate for womens footy and sport in general - I have three girls who love watching and playing, and if they love it then I'm fully in support and will happily watch their games or help out etc.

AFLW is a pathway for these young girls to aspire to, and that surely can never be a bad thing.. my youngest has already said that when she grows up she wants to play AFLW for Port Adelaide. :roll:

I told her she can GAGF.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:24 am

The Bedge wrote:I dont watch any of the AFLW - because I dont really have an interest in it (to be fair dont watch a lot of AFL these days either), and also because of the timing of games i'm usually busy.

However, i'm a massive advocate for womens footy and sport in general - I have three girls who love watching and playing, and if they love it then I'm fully in support and will happily watch their games or help out etc.

AFLW is a pathway for these young girls to aspire to, and that surely can never be a bad thing.. my youngest has already said that when she grows up she wants to play AFLW for Port Adelaide. :roll:

I told her she can GAGF.

Their 16's are far better than the Crow 16's atm, my girl barracks for Port but plays for the Crows so it's hard for her to lose to them :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:26 am

The Bedge wrote:I dont watch any of the AFLW - because I dont really have an interest in it (to be fair dont watch a lot of AFL these days either), and also because of the timing of games i'm usually busy.

I told her she can GAGF.

Stop talking common sense.

For the life me I cant understand people that get butt hurt about the standard of the comp.

I get some people may not like the money invested etc but surely the standard means stuff all considering most people on here go spend their Saturdays watching us country/ammo bums every week.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Brodlach wrote:That is a very good point LM. I enjoy watching our C’s as much as the A’s

Carey with Port too?

Obviously it’s a hypothetical, but with this being said I would think I’d potentially watch a bit more of AFLW as I’ve have a vested interest.

Although I’ve seen a few Port Adelaide women fair to say they wouldn’t be getting exposure others might! :lol:

Should my daughters choose to play the sport, I’d be the biggest hypocrite ever as I’d never miss a game.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby stan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:It doesn't bother me at all, I don't watch much of It so for me as you Saudi has almost zero bearing on my life.

People like footy, they like to watch their teams play whether it be under 12's, AFL or AFLW in this case.

Do you think you'd be more inclined to monitor the progress if West Coast had a team @stan? Not a dig, just a question.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, both carey and Bum Crack voice their opinions but don't ram them down everyone else's throats, each to their own, we can't all agree on everything.
Yeah interesting points there mate. To be honest it's not a standard thing or a teams thing that has me not watching, I just don't have the time to be honest to watch anymore footy.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL