PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:24 pm

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?

Sadly, seems to be accurate of late :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Was hoping for either EP or Craigmore to be in the final!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:GRADE 1 GF's
12/13 @ McGlip Oval: One Tree Hill 92 def by Rose & Crown 4/96
11/12 @ Sal. West: Salisbury West 9/203 def Rose & Crown 121
10/11 @ Ridley Reserve: Brahma Lodge 9/198 def. Rose & Crown 124
09/10 @ Sal. West: Salisbury West 148 def. Rose & Crown 0/1 (abandoned)
08/09 @ Sal. West: Salisbury West 9/281 def. Virginia 190

Bedgegood played at R&C from 09/10, last season in 12/13.. 4x straight GF's.. coincidence? :lol:

Side note..

Returned to Enfield in 13/14 as a coach following 4 consecutive wooden spoons (same period i was at R&C), and since played in 3x GFs and 3x SFs.

Therefore, it's fair to deduct.. I AM #TheDifference 8) :lol:

Settle down

Have played at 3 clubs in the last ten years and broke 20 plus year premiership droughts at each

I am for hire if any clubs need lol
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:07 pm

whufc wrote:Settle down

Have played at 3 clubs in the last ten years and broke 20 plus year premiership droughts at each

You sound like the missing piece to our 35+ year A grade drought.. you're in! :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Settle down

You sound like the missing piece to our 35+ year A grade drought.. you're in! :D

A packet of salt and vinegar chips per game and im all yours!
whufc
Coach

Postby the joker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Units gotta go up. Make the GF last year. Lose players and ask to stay down. End up losing one. But gaining and having a stronger side this year. And make the GF this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Homer J » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 pm

the joker wrote:Units gotta go up. Make the GF last year. Lose players and ask to stay down. End up losing one. But gaining and having a stronger side this year. And make the GF this year.

Lost a lot more than one player!

Units have massively over acheived this year, came good in the second half.
But only 6 players are playing this week from last years A Grade GF side,
plus 4 from their grade 3 side that only won 3 games and last years Grade 7 captain.

Never had the same team 2 games in a row and used 20 different players in the A's this year.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:13 pm

Para Vista have said they will stay in LO1. They would be very competitive in Grade 2/3.
With 2 sides i would have thought one could play 2 days surely..
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 am

BenchedEagle wrote:Para Vista have said they will stay in LO1. They would be very competitive in Grade 2/3.
With 2 sides i would have thought one could play 2 days surely..

Personally I think should be made to have 1 side in the two day comp.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:38 am

Homer J wrote:
the joker wrote:Units gotta go up. Make the GF last year. Lose players and ask to stay down. End up losing one. But gaining and having a stronger side this year. And make the GF this year.

Lost a lot more than one player!

Units have massively over acheived this year, came good in the second half.
But only 6 players are playing this week from last years A Grade GF side,
plus 4 from their grade 3 side that only won 3 games and last years Grade 7 captain.

Never had the same team 2 games in a row and used 20 different players in the A's this year.

I reckon the league is flirting very close to a dangerous line allowing clubs to 'pick and choose' whether they go up/drop divisions.

I would think both Riverton & Dublin have 'earnt' the right to go down to div2 and have an 'easier' year more so than CU have 'earnt' the right to refuse to move up to div1.

It's a joke when you see a club like OTH 'purchase the services' of quality cricketers only to cry foul and want to be dropped divisions when the money dries up or the mercenaries take off. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Clubs need to be held responsible to create atmosphere, environment, culture that is sustainable and encourages players to come back year after year. Ultimately as a club if you have a huge exodus you need to look at yourselves and why this has happened, not just cry foul to drop division, put all other clubs out and repeat the cycle. (sure there will be some genuine reasons but im also sure there is things the club could do better)

Get your junior cricket sorted and you wont generally have these 'mass exodus' issues, look at SW, Craigmore, Angle Vale.

This is my pet hate in amateur sport!!!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:02 am

Units have to go up, no two ways about it. Sure they may struggle - they may not also - but if they refuse to go up, it makes a mockery of the promotion/relegation system.

At which point does the club decide ok they’re ready to go up? Probably never.. and infact with guys getting older it’s probably more likely they’ll do a OTH and request to go down.

Enfield went up to Grade 2 this year so OTH could drop to 3, and we certainly weren’t ready, or had the capable squad but we did anyway.. suck it up.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am

whufc wrote:Personally I think should be made to have 1 side in the two day comp.

It's what pissed me off about Grade 5, I was hoping for the Units to get up as they were up against A Grade teams all round, next season if there is 5 A Grade teams playing only one dayers, let them have 5 in the comp and have byes.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 am

whufc wrote:
I reckon the league is flirting very close to a dangerous line allowing clubs to 'pick and choose' whether they go up/drop divisions.

I would think both Riverton & Dublin have 'earnt' the right to go down to div2 and have an 'easier' year more so than CU have 'earnt' the right to refuse to move up to div1.

It's a joke when you see a club like OTH 'purchase the services' of quality cricketers only to cry foul and want to be dropped divisions when the money dries up or the mercenaries take off. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Clubs need to be held responsible to create atmosphere, environment, culture that is sustainable and encourages players to come back year after year. Ultimately as a club if you have a huge exodus you need to look at yourselves and why this has happened, not just cry foul to drop division, put all other clubs out and repeat the cycle. (sure there will be some genuine reasons but im also sure there is things the club could do better)

Get your junior cricket sorted and you wont generally have these 'mass exodus' issues, look at SW, Craigmore, Angle Vale.

Riverside*

Speaking of which, the majority of the club wanted to go down after losing Benny, their delegate opted to stay up and fight it out.

I'm not sure that the Goats "purchased" players, they've had a fair group that had played together for a while and then they drifted apart bit by bit.

They did have juniors a few years ago, they done well but were poorly ran from what I saw, the same kids batted up the order and bowled early, it was win at all costs to the coach, it was a joke and a real shame as they had some great kids out there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:49 am

One solution: 6 team divisions!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:One solution: 6 team divisions!

We will get this trending lol

#SixTeamDivs
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:One solution: 6 team divisions!

We will get this trending lol

#SixTeamDivs

We'll march on the doorsteps of PDCA House.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Riverside*

Speaking of which, the majority of the club wanted to go down after losing Benny, their delegate opted to stay up and fight it out.

I'm not sure that the Goats "purchased" players, they've had a fair group that had played together for a while and then they drifted apart bit by bit.

They did have juniors a few years ago, they done well but were poorly ran from what I saw, the same kids batted up the order and bowled early, it was win at all costs to the coach, it was a joke and a real shame as they had some great kids out there.

I look after the Riverton pool and heading there now so have it on my mind.

Purchase maybe not the right word but they take back in the Scotts, Smith, Fantasia, Neil etc and then when they take off as they do every time they go and sook to the league.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:19 am

whufc wrote:

Purchase maybe not the right word but they take back in the Scotts, Smith, Fantasia, Neil etc and then when they take off as they do every time they go and sook to the league.

Troy Scott was a regular out there, Dublin chucked some coin at him to get them off the ground then Freeling out-coined them, Adam Smith has been a part of the furniture out there since he was a kid, Fanta lived with him and was out there for many years too, Phil Neil may have been given some dosh but he was good mates with the other two.

One thing I've always noticed out at Goat land, they have a great comradeship with each other, I've always enjoyed playing against them and enjoyed having a post game beer with them regardless of the venue, they'd always stick around as I always did up there, they've even presented our best player awards as they hung around that long one night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Troy Scott was a regular out there, Dublin chucked some coin at him to get them off the ground then Freeling out-coined them, Adam Smith has been a part of the furniture out there since he was a kid, Fanta lived with him and was out there for many years too, Phil Neil may have been given some dosh but he was good mates with the other two.

One thing I've always noticed out at Goat land, they have a great comradeship with each other, I've always enjoyed playing against them and enjoyed having a post game beer with them regardless of the venue, they'd always stick around as I always did up there, they've even presented our best player awards as they hung around that long one night.

Troy Scott never got paid at Freeling and still doesn't.....maybe some beers but no coin involved
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps