ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby helicopterking » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:33 am

Fulham tried to use a Mispelt name from the team sheet as a technicality against Marion today .Also complained to umpires about Marion having a sub fielder and also about appealing to much.
Embarrassing if true.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:55 am

helicopterking wrote:Fulham tried to use a Mispelt name from the team sheet as a technicality against Marion today .Also complained to umpires about Marion having a sub fielder and also about appealing to much.
Embarrassing if true.

surely not? that's crazy if they did
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Fulham tried to use a Mispelt name from the team sheet as a technicality against Marion today .Also complained to umpires about Marion having a sub fielder and also about appealing to much.
Embarrassing if true.

Why not? They've been ****** over several times by technicalities or ridiculous rules in recent times.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:11 pm

heater31 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Embarrassing if true.

Why not? They've been ****** over several times by technicalities or ridiculous rules in recent times.....

I just think that its crazy to find a way out of being convincingly beaten. its not like you have lost by a run or wicket and that "mispelt name" was the wicket taker.

what have been the rules that have gone against them in recent times? (genuine question, not asking to be a smart A** )
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby helicopterking » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Embarrassing if true.

I just think that its crazy to find a way out of being convincingly beaten. its not like you have lost by a run or wicket and that "mispelt name" was the wicket taker.

what have been the rules that have gone against them in recent times? (genuine question, not asking to be a smart A** )

My guess the T20 debarcle where they Played players that were not qualified.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:27 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:[quote="helicopterking"]Fulham tried to use a Mispelt name from the team sheet as a technicality against Marion today .Also complained to umpires about Marion having a sub fielder and also about appealing to much.
Embarrassing if true.

My guess the T20 debarcle where they Played players that were not qualified.[/quote]That's one. They were genuine club people playing in their 2 day B grade, got called up at the last minute.

Think they also got done playing an unregistered player due to suspension but that blame can be mostly attributed to the suspended player not saying anything.

Sprinklers on a Sunday of a final.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:30 pm

Every week there would be numerous cases of mis-spelt names on hastily written team sheets, particularly with the ever increasing multicultural demographic of the players that make up the ATCA. Who cares, its what's on My Cricket that counts so hard to believe a club would try that angle. One Marion player outscored the whole Fulham team so they should have just licked their wounds and exited the season with a bit of grace.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Yes, a few years back, Fulham got done for playing a guy who was carrying a suspension handed down by the BCCI while playing in the IPL. If they googled his name they would have known, so I'm not sure they did their due dilligence. They have been on the wrong end of a few incidents, but doesn't excuse any poor sportsmanship if that happened.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:58 pm

heater31 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:My guess the T20 debarcle where they Played players that were not qualified.

That's one. They were genuine club people playing in their 2 day B grade, got called up at the last minute.

I love this line. Let's look at the facts.

J Rowswell - opened the bowling, bowled his full 4. As for genuine club people, he played 2 games for the year for them.
M Moss - bowled first change, bowled his full 4 overs. Has played 8 in the A-grade and 3 in the B's over the season.
J Chaplin - batted at 5.

Don't get me wrong, it's unfortunate that they got kicked out of the comp, but they clearly broke the rules with not 1, not 2, but 3 players. These are players that bowled 8 overs and the other batted at 5. One is hardly a club player, and another is a regular A-grader.
I don't buy this argument that they are hard done by at all.

This attitude of "the world is against us" and "someone else is to blame" and "the world owes us a favour" is a laugh.

Suck it up, Fulham broke the rules and got caught.

Put it down as a learning exercise and move on.

Now, as for Fulham complaining about Marion using sub fielders. I've got no issues with them asking the question of the umpires. If the umps ok it, then you need to accept it and move on.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Should be a very interesting count for the A1 Cricketer of the Year, Wednesday night. I think the winner could poll as low as 12 votes and I reckon there could be a blanket finish. I'm tipping Nathan Fox from Old Scotch to take it out with 12 votes.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Congratulations to PAOC and Pooraka on making the A1 Grand Final. They have clearly been the two best teams during the minor round and proved that with dominant displays in their Semi Finals. They met way back in round 1 when Pooraka prevailed on the back of 185 from Hanson, but Princes got some revenge in the T20 final. Pooraka will be desparate to win it for their mate, but some of their boys are struggling to get through 80 overs, so I think PAOC's greater depth will allow them to prevail. Should be a cracker.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Congratulations to PAOC and Pooraka on making the A1 Grand Final. They have clearly been the two best teams during the minor round and proved that with dominant displays in their Semi Finals. They met way back in round 1 when Pooraka prevailed on the back of 185 from Hanson, but Princes got some revenge in the T20 final. Pooraka will be desparate to win it for their mate, but some of their boys are struggling to get through 80 overs, so I think PAOC's greater depth will allow them to prevail. Should be a cracker.

I agree with 95% of this! But pooraka for me will win on the bases of more big game players, plus the boys will want to do it as a club going through hell and back this season
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:45 pm

SHOC to get it done over iggs in A3 too
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Whatsfordinner » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Should be a very interesting count for the A1 Cricketer of the Year, Wednesday night. I think the winner could poll as low as 12 votes and I reckon there could be a blanket finish. I'm tipping Nathan Fox from Old Scotch to take it out with 12 votes.

I think it could be a 2 horse race between Hanson and Sykes, both have had great years!

Duffett the a2 winner, with w. stanborough and Kyle adcock not far behind!

A3 is the most open by far.. Hassan from Concordia, the most consistent. But could be a tie between 5 blokes on 8-10 votes. An even competition.
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Should be a very interesting count for the A1 Cricketer of the Year, Wednesday night. I think the winner could poll as low as 12 votes and I reckon there could be a blanket finish. I'm tipping Nathan Fox from Old Scotch to take it out with 12 votes.

I think it could be a 2 horse race between Hanson and Sykes, both have had great years!

A3 is the most open by far.. Hassan from Concordia, the most consistent. But could be a tie between 5 blokes on 8-10 votes. An even competition.

Umpires vote really weird so it will be interesting to see what happens with it.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:

Umpires vote really weird so it will be interesting to see what happens with it.

Are votes allocated in Pooraka's forfeit to Payneham and the draw with Goodwood?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:

Hanson over Sykes by about 5 votes. Sykes has had a very good season, but Hanson will get up.
Duffett has had a brilliant season.
A3s could be Anyone. Nelson, Dinan-Gillman, Hassan.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am

helicopterking wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:

Hanson over Sykes by about 5 votes. Sykes has had a very good season, but Hanson will get up.
Duffett has had a brilliant season.
A3s could be Anyone. Nelson, Dinan-Gillman, Hassan.

Hanso
Duffett but i wont be surprised with Stanborough
Dinnan- Gillman- A3
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Trader » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:05 pm

Hanson will get 3s in the following games:
Rd 1 - 185* and 2/ vs PAOC
Rd 4 - 55 and 5/ vs Walkerville
Rd 6 - 156 and 3/ vs Hope Valley
Rd 9 - 167 and 2/ vs SPOC

He'll also be likely to get 2 or 3 votes in each of:
Rd 5 - 48 and 3/ vs Old Scotch
Rd 11 - 61 vs Port Districts.

He could get a further vote or 2 in Rd 2 vs Grange (57)

Hanson to finish on 16-20.

Fox will get the 3 in:
Rd 2 vs Walkerville 85* and 3/
Rd 3 vs Hope Valley 71
Rd 9 vs Goodwood 101*

In Rd 4 vs Para Hills he took 4/ and made 31, however there are plenty of other performers. TWordsworth 5/, Morduant 81, DeCesare faced 209 balls. Could get anywhere from 0-3.

Vs Pooraka in Rd 5 he made 51 and took 1, might sneak a vote.
Vs Ingle Farm in Rd 8 he took 3 fa and 2 cheapies in the 2nd dig, might sneak a vote or two.

Fox to finish in the 11-16 range for mine.

Jack Latchford made the mistake of combining his good performances with bat and ball in the same games:
Rd 2 - 109 and 3/ vs Para Hills
Rd 5 - 97 and 5/ vs Port Districts
Rd 6 - 5/ and 6/ vs Walkerville

Expect him to finish on 11-14 votes.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:30 pm

55 and 5fa is impressive, but surely Bailey gets the 3 votes in round 4. Also a good case for Marks to get the 2, leaving Hanson with 1. Will be fascinating to see the round by round voting. I'm sure the umpires will come with a few strange ones.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps