Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:31 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Keg and Barrel in port Noarlunga. Bit pricey but a really good feed and a good variety of beers on tap

Isn't this one on MT's banned list IIRC?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:40 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Keg and Barrel in port Noarlunga. Bit pricey but a really good feed and a good variety of beers on tap

Next time if you could not go into so much detail/breakdown & just keep it concise...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:41 am

Did you read that somewhere?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:43 am

Spargo wrote:

Next time if you could not go into so much detail/breakdown & just keep it concise...

no thank you... Some of are too busy at work to write up a 26 page critique.

Food is good. IT's main thing is steaks... Goes good.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Pag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The fun police had been on to me about going out for brekky one day to the "Java Hut" in Gawler.

I'm not one to wanna spend on coffee or brekky when I have everything I need at home but I thought, oh well, I'll have a look.

The place was a bit no frills and poky but filled to the brim with patrons, it was 9:11am as we got attended to and asked if we had a booking, we didn't but the woman running it said "I usually give people 15 minutes but I'm going to back my instincts and assign you a reserved table".

I watched how autonomously everyone worked, there was two women around 40 and about 10 others from about 16 to 22, everyone had a job to do, everyone was busy and everyone was smiling.

We ordered the Big Breakfast between us and a large coffee each, the breakfast came with a generous amount of bacon, a gourmet sausage, two poached eggs, tomato and 4 halves of very thickly sliced toast, $20 all up, I had to admit that it was worth the trip.

As we ate I noticed a bloke sitting on the next table had something that looked pretty appetizing so I asked him what it was, "The Doorstop" he answered.

So sure enough, come Sunday morning we rang through and booked a table so we could try the Doorstop, we opted for the mega coffee this time.

The Doorstop was bacon, cheese, fried egg and tomato on a foccachia x 2, it was more than enough for the two of us and with the mega cappucino's it came in at $21.

The menu looks awesome and we plan on trying everything on it.
The service was brilliant, a well organized place.
The atmosphere was abuzz for the time of day.
I wouldn't bother trying to go there on a weekend without a reservation, at least a dozen groups got turned away yesterday in the twenty minutes we were there.

All round 9.5 for all facets.

Definitely no frills but the best breakfast within 20 mins of any direction. Same for an easy take-away lunch.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:53 am

Pag wrote:Definitely no frills but the best breakfast within 20 mins of any direction. Same for an easy take-away lunch.

Yeah, the specials board looked well worth it, I think we'll reserve it for Sunday morning breakfasts so I can over my notes for the kids footy.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 am

Need you help team!!!!!

I'm in charge of booking an organisational dinner at an interstate event we are at in two weeks time.

We have 12 employees going including a vegan (booooooooo)

We are in Sydney and looking for somewhere nice to eat. More than just pub food but also not ridiculously priced either. Any suggestions taken.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:52 am

whufc wrote:Need you help team!!!!!

I'm in charge of booking an organisational dinner at an interstate event we are at in two weeks time.

We are in Sydney and looking for somewhere nice to eat. More than just pub food but also not ridiculously priced either. Any suggestions taken.

Hurricanes Grill, Darling Harbour. Big lumps of char grilled meat attached to big structural animal bones. The vegan can eat a salad, or get ******.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Booney wrote:

Hurricanes Grill, Darling Harbour. Big lumps of char grilled meat attached to big structural animal bones. The vegan can eat a salad, or get ******.

Give the vegan $20 and a lettuce and tell them to go watch a movie, paint a shirt or something.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Isn't this one on MT's banned list IIRC?

Ive heard more horror stories than positives. But again they may have improved, changed staff etc
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Im keen to try Port Burger which is at Port Noarlunga, heard good things.

Anyone been?

Saturday night is MIL 70th at Christies...interesting that its up for sale along with a few others owned by that group. Big group of people attending, not high expectations on the food...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:18 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Im keen to try Port Burger which is at Port Noarlunga, heard good things.

Anyone been?

Saturday night is MIL 70th at Christies...interesting that its up for sale along with a few others owned by that group. Big group of people attending, not high expectations on the food...

Christies goes alright.... Haven't had a bad feed yet..

Definitely keen to try the port burger... Looks like a pretty cool place
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:24 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Im keen to try Port Burger which is at Port Noarlunga, heard good things.

Anyone been?

That is interesting that GM Hotels are selling off as the Spirit Group is doing the same.
ALH on the other hand are still aquiring more pubs having recently purchased the Watermark and Archer.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Anyone been?

That is interesting that GM Hotels are selling off as the Spirit Group is doing the same.
ALH on the other hand are still aquiring more pubs having recently purchased the Watermark and Archer.

ALH have done magnificent things at the Hendon, they've done things such as removing the "free drink" card ( that you paid $5 to get ) from the weekly punters club, turning that from 60 or 70 people per week to about 40, they've changed the footy tips rules to bring that down from 70 odd people to 40 odd, taken 2 months to do some painting over cracks renovations, it's really made the place come to life. When I left on Saturday at 2pm there was one bloke at the TAB screen and one of the bar staff eating his lunch in the front bar, place was pumping!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:58 pm

Booney wrote:
ALH have done magnificent things at the Hendon, they've done things such as removing the "free drink" card ( that you paid $5 to get ) from the weekly punters club, turning that from 60 or 70 people per week to about 40, they've changed the footy tips rules to bring that down from 70 odd people to 40 odd, taken 2 months to do some painting over cracks renovations, it's really made the place come to life. When I left on Saturday at 2pm there was one bloke at the TAB screen and one of the bar staff eating his lunch in the front bar, place was pumping!

No smileys?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

No smileys?

Like the front bar, there was none there. :D

Although, Thursday night when I put my footy tips on the dickhead from the natural gas ads was in the pokie room, maybe they're going for celebrity endorsements?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Booney wrote:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment the vegan is a higher level than me and I may need their support to climb the ladder in the future hahahaha.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:02 pm

Booney wrote:Like the front bar, there was none there. :D

Although, Thursday night when I put my footy tips on the dickhead from the natural gas ads was in the pokie room, maybe they're going for celebrity endorsements?

And Dave from Alberton, things are on the up.

So was the gas man on the gas?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

No smileys?

At the end of the day that would all be the Venues Managers responsibility, like all places there are good ones and bad ones. Our previous VM was awesome, ask any regular, was always doing things to promote the pub and improve it. He's now at the Links so it will be interesting to see how that goes down there.
I probably get an unrealistic view of ALH as the state head office is a part of our complex so we're always on our toes.
Mind you I do visit the Findon occasionally and always have a good time when they have a good live band on.
I've never been to the Hendon or Finsbury.

You'd know big Paul at the Hendon wouldn't you?
He filled in as my gaming staff the first night I was a a duty manager at the Halfway.

PS Give the guy from the gas ads a clip behind the ear if you see him again, can't stand him or those ads.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

No smileys?

At the end of the day that would all be the Venues Managers responsibility, like all places there are good ones and bad ones. Our previous VM was awesome, ask any regular, was always doing things to promote the pub and improve it. He's now at the Links so it will be interesting to see how that goes down there.
I probably get an unrealistic view of ALH as the state head office is a part of our complex so we're always on our toes.
Mind you I do visit the Findon occasionally and always have a good time when they have a good live band on.
I've never been to the Hendon or Finsbury.

You'd know big Paul at the Hendon wouldn't you?
He filled in as my gaming staff the first night I was a a duty manager at the Halfway.

PS Give the guy from the gas ads a clip behind the ear if you see him again, can't stand him or those ads.

Paul's a good bloke, one of the better staff at the Hendon.

I reckon I've told 15 people about the gas bloke, it's been overwhelming the percentage of people who think he's punch worthy. Somewhere near 100%. :-)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion