Round 1 - Live scores, results & comments...

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 1 - Live scores, results & comments...

Postby robranisgod » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am

tipper wrote:i think i heard 25xx over the pa at the end of the game, but i wasnt really listening.

That is what I heard also. I think the ground announcer said 2534.

It seemed to be at least 2/3 of the crowd were North supporters and besides a few jibes the crowd on both sides seemed surprisingly well behaved given the events of last year. Actually for a North supporter that was the only pleasing part of the day.

North's use of the ball was appalling. The number of times North had players clear inside 50 and the North player with the ball managed to hit his opponent on the chest was unbelievable. Redden dominated the ruck, Poole just kept working and getting the ball and Jack Hayes is just a very good, class forward. I was surprised when he actually missed an easy shot for goal in the last quarter.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby tipper » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:51 am

robranisgod wrote:
tipper wrote:i think i heard 25xx over the pa at the end of the game, but i wasnt really listening.

That is what I heard also. I think the ground announcer said 2534.

It seemed to be at least 2/3 of the crowd were North supporters and besides a few jibes the crowd on both sides seemed surprisingly well behaved given the events of last year. Actually for a North supporter that was the only pleasing part of the day.

North's use of the ball was appalling. The number of times North had players clear inside 50 and the North player with the ball managed to hit his opponent on the chest was unbelievable. Redden dominated the ruck, Poole just kept working and getting the ball and Jack Hayes is just a very good, class forward. I was surprised when he actually missed an easy shot for goal in the last quarter.

Thought it was something like that rig. But didnt look that many to me. Advertiser has it at 28xx today though, so who knows what the official figure is...

Only crowd issue i saw was an eagles supporter getting violent in the third quarter. Pushing a few people. And unsurprisingly, security did nothing about it, despite it happening right in front of them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby goddy11 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Can anyone comment on what the 50m penalties given to North at Woodville were about. Is it something to do with the 666?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:19 pm

goddy11 wrote:Can anyone comment on what the 50m penalties given to North at Woodville were about. Is it something to do with the 666?

North got a free on the 50m line when the Eagles were penalised for not being 6-6-6.
Don't know if the rule is different to the AFL or not, I think in the AFL they gave out warnings then a free to the ruckman in the centre circle.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby goddy11 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Can anyone comment on what the 50m penalties given to North at Woodville were about. Is it something to do with the 666?

North got a free on the 50m line when the Eagles were penalised for not being 6-6-6.
Don't know if the rule is different to the AFL or not, I think in the AFL they gave out warnings then a free to the ruckman in the centre circle.

It looked like 35m out but the digital only shows the last 1/4. Happened 2 times if I recall. Do you know who was offending. Where would the free be taken if a Eagle forward was out of position. Sure not a free in the back 1/3.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:34 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

It looked like 35m out but the digital only shows the last 1/4. Happened 2 times if I recall. Do you know who was offending. Where would the free be taken if a Eagle forward was out of position. Sure not a free in the back 1/3.

The first one that I saw was an Eagles attacker that offended yet North got the free on our attacking 50m line.
If it was similar to the AFL rule maybe it was a North free in the middle and the Eagles didnt reset again into 6-6-6 in time. That happened during the Geelong v Melbourne game. Who knows with SANFL umpires.
On that note is there any chance umpires and support staff could wear white in stead of lime green when the Eagles are playing? I dont get it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Johno6 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:05 pm

the cam shenton suspension from Friday night is a april fools joke surely?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Johno6 wrote:the cam shenton suspension from Friday night is a april fools joke surely?

Live at the game I must admit it looked ugly but haven’t seen any replays. There were a couple of late hits in the game and a couple of spot fires so thought there might have been more to come from the MRP
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby matt35 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Only crowd number I have seen is Eagles North; anyone seen any others? Crowd seemed a little down at Norwood!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Pseudo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Just been scraping through the archival posts out of boredom.

Round 1 2011 match day thread, 14 pages of posts, scores updated live for each of 4 games.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32258

Individual preview threads for each game too.

How the interest has waned in 8 short years.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby goddy11 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:44 pm

50 meter.JPG
50 meter.JPG (56.56 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
Wedgie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

The first one that I saw was an Eagles attacker that offended yet North got the free on our attacking 50m line.
If it was similar to the AFL rule maybe it was a North free in the middle and the Eagles didnt reset again into 6-6-6 in time. That happened during the Geelong v Melbourne game. Who knows with SANFL umpires.
On that note is there any chance umpires and support staff could wear white in stead of lime green when the Eagles are playing? I dont get it.

Just saw the first on my digital pass. Something 6-6-6 happened in the Eagles forward line. They were going to give a free on Norths HB line then it was going to centre and with the umpires confused it then it ended up a 50m penalty from the centre about 40m from goals. Weird that the umpires never knew what to do. I am not sure how they work out who takes the free. In effect 100m penalty.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 am

One of the penalties was due to some choice words from the WWTFC runner
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:56 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:One of the penalties was due to some choice words from the WWTFC runner

Is Jacko still doing that job?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby northerner » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Grenville wrote:Connor McLean injured?

Working very hard on the track to regain fitness after overcoming the dreaded OP. Last I heard he was hoping to be up and about in a couple of weeks.
Wyatt Paterson is the other KPP that we are wanting back in the side. Set for a big season after an excellent pre-season he had cartilage damage in a trial putting him on the sidelines 4-6 weeks.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:16 pm

Booney wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:One of the penalties was due to some choice words from the WWTFC runner

Is Jacko still doing that job?

Na...we were up on the hill discussing our next golf day actually
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Brett » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Pseudo wrote:Just been scraping through the archival posts out of boredom.

Round 1 2011 match day thread, 14 pages of posts, scores updated live for each of 4 games.

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32258

Individual preview threads for each game too.

How the interest has waned in 8 short years.

Ive tried all night to start a new thread but it wont let me . ????
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Where do you find the best players, SANFL site just shows stats. Mainly want to see the U18's
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby beef » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 am

LMA wrote:Where do you find the best players, SANFL site just shows stats. Mainly want to see the U18's

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info. ... 2-0&pool=1
Just click on match centre for each game, gives best players and goal kickers
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:10 am

beef wrote:
LMA wrote:Where do you find the best players, SANFL site just shows stats. Mainly want to see the U18's

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info. ... 2-0&pool=1
Just click on match centre for each game, gives best players and goal kickers

Cheers
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:20 pm

How did Darnell Tucker go for South on the weekend?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL