AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:21 am

Didn’t see any last night but about what I expected (if not a little better). Next 4 games to wallpaper the cracks
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:23 am

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:Boons best bet :

Geelong 1-39 @ $2.45

Easy money.

Some dickhead that looks a lot like me and has the same name as me had Geelong 25+ for their multi. Had them 1-39 in my same game multi but Gazza let me down, had Geel/Geel 1-39/over 169.5/Paddy 30+ disp/Gaz 3 goals.

I shall try again, I only need one every month to break even or be in front if I bet on 4-5 games a week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:24 am

helicopterking wrote:
Not the easiest job being in the Crows forward line at the moment with how they move the football.
Crouch brothers just handball around in circles, Sloane doing a lot of the bullocking work, Atkins refuses to tackle and Gibbs dead set looked scared of body contact and Smith happy to kick it randomly so he doesn’t get tackled.
Walker, Jenkins, Betts all good with 1/1s, but once bombed on their heads are dead set out of the play when it hits the deck.
Milera is a shining light. Takes on the risky kick that opens up the game and tries to get the ball moving forward regularly.
Not enough ferocious tacklers or any fear factor about the Crows at this minute.

Nailed it
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:28 am

Brodlach wrote:Didn’t see any last night but about what I expected (if not a little better). Next 4 games to wallpaper the cracks

They need to make some tough calls and not play players on reputation.

Eddie Betts is playing the role of a non-scoring small forward beautifully.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:28 am

Brodlach wrote:Didn’t see any last night but about what I expected (if not a little better). Next 4 games to wallpaper the cracks

From what I saw last night, the next 4 games won’t be gimmes.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby carey » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Flat Track bully of the highest order.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 am

Spargo wrote:

From what I saw last night, the next 4 games won’t be gimmes.

They'll need 15-4 or better from here to finish top 4, 12-7 for finals, every loss is a step South.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:37 am

The forward line just isn't working for Adelaide, they have to change things up.

Walker in particular looks slow, I couldn't believe Wayne Carey last night in the pregame talking to Walker about how he looks like "he's running on top of the ground", 15 minutes later and Walker gives a 50m away to Harry Taylor and in the race to the mark Taylor is going 70% as Walker goes flat stick to keep up with him. I'd imagine at training the likes of Keath and Talia are all over Walker at the moment.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:44 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Absolutely agree, forward line needs an overhaul as a few are playing for themselves not the team
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 am

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Absolutely agree, forward line needs an overhaul as a few are playing for themselves not the team

Who do you bring in though?

Fogarty is the obvious choice, but he's playing across half back in the SANFL, there's not really anyone else to come in.

What's on the free agent shopping list?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:59 am

Not sure TBH. Not a fan of Murphy up there and whilst he is everyone’s whipping boy and I normally stick up for him but Jenkins has to do far more. Betts is playing selfish from what I saw late last year and rounds 1 and 2. Doesn’t do the team things like he did when Cameron was around

We seem to have drafted a lot of half back flanker types the past few years
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:02 am

Booney wrote:The forward line just isn't working for Adelaide, they have to change things up.

Walker in particular looks slow, I couldn't believe Wayne Carey last night in the pregame talking to Walker about how he looks like "he's running on top of the ground", 15 minutes later and Walker gives a 50m away to Harry Taylor and in the race to the mark Taylor is going 70% as Walker goes flat stick to keep up with him. I'd imagine at training the likes of Keath and Talia are all over Walker at the moment.

Carey also regularly mentioned how hard Walker was working and that he was making good position but was being overlooked as an option. You’d think the King would know his stuff on something like that. Becomes a chicken and egg sutuation then - Is the forwards lack of form having an effect on players bringing the ball in, or have those players poor use and slow buildup affected the forwards? Maybe a bit of both?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:06 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:The forward line just isn't working for Adelaide, they have to change things up.

Carey also regularly mentioned how hard Walker was working and that he was making good position but was being overlooked as an option. You’d think the King would know his stuff on something like that. Becomes a chicken and egg sutuation then - Is the forwards lack of form having an effect on players bringing the ball in, or have those players poor use and slow buildup affected the forwards? Maybe a bit of both?

Certainly a bit of both. The movement from the back half has been stifled as opposition coaches put attention into Laird, he's getting ridden by the defensive forward.

Smith is finding his feet again, he can be excused and Milera is showing he's made for that half back role, outside of that the back half doesn't look like the side that was blowing teams off the park in 2017.

Can they play Talia, Hartigan, Keath and Kelly in the same side?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 am

First good look at the Crows last night and they just look slow and predictable, losing unpredictable players like McGovern and Cameron hasn't helped, they have also won a lot of footy in the last few years which makes some players look better than they are, Pyke now gets to see who really wants to play footy beyond this year at the footy club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:13 am

Dutchy wrote:First good look at the Crows last night and they just look slow and predictable, losing unpredictable players like McGovern and Cameron hasn't helped, they have also won a lot of footy in the last few years which makes some players look better than they are, Pyke now gets to see who really wants to play footy beyond this year at the footy club.

Pyke gets to show how good he is as a coach.

There were many opportunities for the Crows to go direct, but they stop and go wide and slow it down.
I dont think the Mids have any confidence in Walker as they rarely tried to hit him up when leading.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:18 am

They really should have rolled the Cats after that 3rd quarter, they got it back to an even money game, playing at home against a team off a 5 day break + travel.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:19 am

Dutchy wrote:They really should have rolled the Cats after that 3rd quarter, they got it back to an even money game, playing at home against a team off a 5 day break + travel.

5 day break at this time of year isn't an issue, they would have done very little this week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:38 am

Dutchy wrote:They really should have rolled the Cats after that 3rd quarter, they got it back to an even money game, playing at home against a team off a 5 day break + travel.

Yeah ya wonder how things might have panned out if B Crouch had put them in front when he should have. TBH I don’t think it would have mattered, Geelong had the class edge but I guess we’ll Never know
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 am

JK wrote:

Yeah ya wonder how things might have panned out if B Crouch had put them in front when he should have. TBH I don’t think it would have mattered, Geelong had the class edge but I guess we’ll Never know

Geelong ran the game out much better.
The other thing I noticed about the Cats is they’re a bloody big side not only in height but solid-wise. They don’t get knocked off the ball often.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:23 am

Spargo wrote:
JK wrote:

Geelong ran the game out much better.
The other thing I noticed about the Cats is they’re a bloody big side not only in height but solid-wise. They don’t get knocked off the ball often.

Yeah did for sure, but who knows if the Crows might have found a bit more if they'd hit the front? (Like I said I doubt it, but you never know)

You're right about the size of the Geelong players, even some of the kids looked a good size for their age.
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL