Round 3 Moving Day

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 3 Moving Day

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Well Hoggers, the fantasy pre-season is over and it's time to put our reputations on the line in the head to head matches. For those in Divvy V, this week is the first week that the prices start to move so many coaches who currently have underperforming duds in their side are starting to hover over the T button to cash in on other more lucrative options.

Dusty Martin was a popular choice pre-season but he has since come out with mental health issues and the way he is playing at the moment its difficult to see that he has overcome them. He is also playing up forward a lot which a lot of coaches didn't punt on with the arrival of Tom Lynch from the Gold Coast. Dusty hasn't kicked on while the much cheaper Rockliff or Sheed have been racking them up. It's hard to make a case for Dusty at this point of the season.

Some players appear to be held back by the coach. I speak from bitter experience here as Sydney dud Horse Longmire refuses to play Mills or Heeney on the ball for extended periods even though the Swans are crying out for an injection of youth in there. 'The word' has Heeney a little underdone but Mills is as ball shy as ever and it's Hello Newman for me and 30k in the bank.

While sideways trades are not recommended a sneaky sidey or two (people who have selected Sidebottom though deserve what they get...his disposal always has been horribly overrated) it is not the worst idea on the eve of the season. I'm thinking one trade for the REBCats although I'm a lot more keen on Constable than my pre-season pick Atkins.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Re: Round 3 Moving Day

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Yep, 2 sideways trades for me...

OUT
Heeney and Mills

IN
Rich and Daniel

With Heeney playing hurt it's only a matter of time before he gets rested or injured properly and Mills just can't get near it.

Daniel is playing a quarterback role and because of his precision kicking seems to be our option from kick outs and out of half back while Rich and Brisbane have started well and I am taking a punt on this one a little!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm looking at moving on Heeney & Martin but am keen to get constable in so will probably keep one of them
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby fish » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:45 pm

Will probably move Wagner OUT for Constable, the rest of my team is passable at this stage, except perhaps for Vardy (what was I thinking?)
fish
Coach

Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 am

I wanted Libber at the start and thought he was far too cheap, I'm not sure if I can make way for him with other stuff ups that I've already achieved.

Martin out for Rockliff is probably my only move this week.

Where can I find the breakevens etc?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I wanted Libber at the start and thought he was far too cheap, I'm not sure if I can make way for him with other stuff ups that I've already achieved.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/supercoach_breakevens?p=&min_salary=0&max_salary=1000000&sort=1&order=A

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Pity I can only make 2 trades
Have dusty and mills who I want to get rid of for probably treloar and saad?
Also would like to get constable, but have rookie mids of Walsh, butters, Scott, cousins and Bailey Smith who all look ok?
Thinking I fix up dusty and mills and let the constable go or am I better off keeping dusty and switching mills plus either Scott or Smith for constable?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby David Brent » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Pity I can only make 2 trades
Have dusty and mills who I want to get rid of for probably treloar and saad?
Also would like to get constable, but have rookie mids of Walsh, butters, Scott, cousins and Bailey Smith who all look ok?
Thinking I fix up dusty and mills and let the constable go or am I better off keeping dusty and switching mills plus either Scott or Smith for constable?

Go Mills & who ever to get Constable.

I've got Dusty & think I will keep the trade. Yes he might not average 110+ from here but come the end of the year he can still be your Mid 8 averaging 100 odd comfortably i feel. You would be happy with him as your last mid in a complete team knowing what his ceiling can be.

Would you be as happy with Mills as your last Def in a complete team I doubt it? That's my thinking anyway & I'm praying Dusty can get back near his best ASAP.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:07 pm

Yep. Mills and Heeney out for the REBCats. Hello Newman and in comes Kel for me. Saved some coin and hopefully boosted my scoring. Pretty happy with my POD LDU so far but I'm worried about Goldstein's output.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:52 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I wanted Libber at the start and thought he was far too cheap, I'm not sure if I can make way for him with other stuff ups that I've already achieved.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/supercoach_breakevens?p=&min_salary=0&max_salary=1000000&sort=1&order=A

Cheers mate
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:54 pm

David Brent wrote:
Go Mills & who ever to get Constable.

I've got Dusty & think I will keep the trade. Yes he might not average 110+ from here but come the end of the year he can still be your Mid 8 averaging 100 odd comfortably i feel. You would be happy with him as your last mid in a complete team knowing what his ceiling can be.

Would you be as happy with Mills as your last Def in a complete team I doubt it? That's my thinking anyway & I'm praying Dusty can get back near his best ASAP.

Not laying a tackle scares me, and the fact there's less chance of him scoring his 3 goals adds to the woes.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:42 pm

I can't justify keeping Dusty. Something is well off with him, and a jump to Neale for $40k is too good to pass up.

Hore to Parker with some positional shuffling is my other trade for some cash injection. I have made 3 corrective trades to start the year which isn't ideal, but I am pretty settled on my premo's and rookies, Noah Balta aside, so time to sit back and hope my premiums deliver me some early season wins.

Good luck @fish
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanks guys. Ended up keeping dusty.
Mills to saad
Scott to constable
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby David Brent » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:49 am

valleys07 wrote:I can't justify keeping Dusty. Something is well off with him, and a jump to Neale for $40k is too good to pass up.

Hore to Parker with some positional shuffling is my other trade for some cash injection. I have made 3 corrective trades to start the year which isn't ideal, but I am pretty settled on my premo's and rookies, Noah Balta aside, so time to sit back and hope my premiums deliver me some early season wins.

Good luck @fish

Yeah I've had a change of heart on Dusty, I'll be moving him to Sheed & taking the cash. Sheed will be a handy M8 come end of season & I'll pocket the $170K for now.

I hope he gets back to his brilliant best & shakes what's been off with him last 10 or so games.. He's the 2nd best tiger I've seen in my life & I want to enjoy plenty more of him at his absolute prime!!
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:53 am

David Brent wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I can't justify keeping Dusty. Something is well off with him, and a jump to Neale for $40k is too good to pass up.

Good luck @fish

Yeah I've had a change of heart on Dusty, I'll be moving him to Sheed & taking the cash. Sheed will be a handy M8 come end of season & I'll pocket the $170K for now.

I hope he gets back to his brilliant best & shakes what's been off with him last 10 or so games.. He's the 2nd best tiger I've seen in my life & I want to enjoy plenty more of him at his absolute prime!!

I hope he comes good quick cause you convinced me to keep him. Ha
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:48 am

Do I take Paddy's 128 as VC?

Gonna dump Dusty for Rockliff but Lachie Neale must be considered.

I'm happy with most of my rookies, I'm all Premium and Rookies.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:53 am

Pretty happy with Zac Clarke getting a game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Do I take Paddy's 128 as VC?

I tossed up the option but I have Macrae and I reckon he'll dominate the Suns...

nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:39 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:

I tossed up the option but I have Macrae and I reckon he'll dominate the Suns...

Yeah, you could be on to something, I think Gawn is gonna have a big night tonight too.

I only have one player not playing but I have 2 with the orange exclamation mark so I'd rather not jerk around with my subs.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:58 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:

3 of Macrae's last 5 scores against the Suns have eclipsed 150.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy