Round 2 - Live scores, results & discussion...

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 2 - Live scores, results & discussion...

Postby UK Fan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:34 pm

South 13.9(87)
Port 8.9(57)

20 mins Last quarter
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Sturt in trouble now.
Eagles all over them.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:52 pm

Hooray, we're -2! :D
Don't hear that too often!
Now to get to zero!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Grenville » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Very strange game to watch that. The first few minutes our intent was good, spirits were up and we went ok. Very,very poor for 2 and a half quarters, no leadership, ran round like headless chooks .Then the intent came back. Our game plan and structure was at best questionable all day. Norwood with the talent they had should have put us to the sword by half time but they persisted in stuffing around instead of promoting the ball quickly. Dawe was awful, Surman not used properly, Jarrod Cotton is a shitful coach. Cost them a flag last year and may do again. They are by far the most talented squad going round. Why would they not kick the ball forward with 2 big blokes up there and us being undersized in defence has me stuffed, Surman showed one on one he is hard to beat. Fish tried hard, Madden had a crack, Menzel and Elvis were very good all day, Jydon Neagle showed a bit, Muzza ain't a key forward but still gave us something and kicked a few. The big plus for me was the last quarter of Jonathan Marsh, his work in the guts nearly turned the game. Kept jumping high and his second efforts were very good. Definitely a lad that has a bit. That last quarter showed me that we have something to work with, we need Matty White in the team to give us an extra tall. $8 imperial pints of Guinness in the club and $6.70 Furphys in the ground are responsible for this gibberish.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Cliff hanger at Unley
Sturt 72
Eagles 71
25 mins
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby therisingblues » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Goal to Aiden Riley.
Sturt go 7 points clear.
27 mins
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Sutcliffe Goals!
Sturt 12:12-84
Eagles 10:11-71
29 mins Final Q
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Good game of footy that.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Wedgie wrote:Hooray, we're -2! :D
Now to get to zero!

Flashscores has the Roosters at 1-1 and in the five!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby bulldogproud » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Grenville wrote:Very strange game to watch that. The first few minutes our intent was good, spirits were up and we went ok. Very,very poor for 2 and a half quarters, no leadership, ran round like headless chooks .Then the intent came back. Our game plan and structure was at best questionable all day. Norwood with the talent they had should have put us to the sword by half time but they persisted in stuffing around instead of promoting the ball quickly. Dawe was awful, Surman not used properly, Jarrod Cotton is a shitful coach. Cost them a flag last year and may do again. They are by far the most talented squad going round. Why would they not kick the ball forward with 2 big blokes up there and us being undersized in defence has me stuffed, Surman showed one on one he is hard to beat. Fish tried hard, Madden had a crack, Menzel and Elvis were very good all day, Jydon Neagle showed a bit, Muzza ain't a key forward but still gave us something and kicked a few. The big plus for me was the last quarter of Jonathan Marsh, his work in the guts nearly turned the game. Kept jumping high and his second efforts were very good. Definitely a lad that has a bit. That last quarter showed me that we have something to work with, we need Matty White in the team to give us an extra tall. $8 imperial pints of Guinness in the club and $6.70 Furphys in the ground are responsible for this gibberish.

Good summary, Grenville. Having Connor McLean back will help a bit too, as will Isaya. They are both slowly recovering from injuries. Isaya had his second game back in the Ressies today. Wyatt Patterson will also give us another tall when he returns. Great fightback by the boys, but we needed that in the second and third quarters too. We need to be able to put four quarters together before we will break through for a win. Good to see the Ressies get a 1 point win. I am far more encouraged for the season ahead than I was this time last week.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Groucho » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Good fightback in the last quarter BUT we still LOST. Not good enough. 16 games left.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby saintal » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Both teams got what they desired at Alberton. South the 2 points and some confidence, Port an opportunity to fine tune their chipping across half back and ill-disciplined tackling.

From memory Whittlesea kicked 4 or 5 goals for the entire 2018. Has started 2019 with 7 in two outings. The usual suspects were good for South, while I loved the dash and poise of young Sampson (son of Clay) in the first half. New recruit Karpany was clean with his hands and seems to have 'footy smarts' but kicking let him down. The only dampener was the injury prone Sam Overall hitting the showers after just a few minutes.

Stat of the day- South led the free kicks at QT 11-0. :lol: :shock:

BP and Zac Milbank did a very solid job on the digital pass. Refreshing to listen to a duo that know their SANFL and aren't a token 'special comments' appointment.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby robranisgod » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:42 pm

Now to get to zero!

Just a fair effort by North today. North started well, the wheels fell off in the second quarter and West for 20 minutes had much superior skills and then North controlled most of the second half without absolutely killing West off.
The game was dominated by the usual suspects, Thring and Tropiano were North's best and Stevens, Schmidt and Snelling for West. In addition John Noble was very impressive for West.
I shouldn't be too unhappy, North only had 12 of their premiership team playing, but of course at best they will only have 16 available with 5 having been drated. Additionally Jake Neade looks to be carrying a knee and doesn't seem capable of stretching out.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Brett » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Bloody draft hey. I think other teams have been hit by it as well. Could be wrong .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Groucho » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:46 pm

Ugly Norwood Moron abused Trent Goodrem when he led the team down the race after the game. This was after he wanted to fight 2 Central supporters and gave all the Central Supporters in front of the grandstand a double middle finger salute. You IDIOT!! :twisted: This is the result when cousins breed. Surely Norwood have the worst supporters in the league now that most of Port Magpies ferals have deserted to the Offal (AFL).
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby robranisgod » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:58 pm

Brett wrote:Bloody draft hey. I think other teams have been hit by it as well. Could be wrong .

I wasn't complaining about the draft, it's a fact of life these days. Win a flag and you will get players drafted. Five players drafted does leave a big hole. I don't think any other team lost 5 first choice players last year but I too may be wrong.

What I was alluding to was that North don't look to be nearly as good a side as the side that won the flag last year and players being out injured doesn't help.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby stan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Groucho wrote:Ugly Norwood Moron abused Trent Goodrem when he led the team down the race after the game. This was after he wanted to fight 2 Central supporters and gave all the Central Supporters in front of the grandstand a double middle finger salute. You IDIOT!! :twisted: This is the result when cousins breed. Surely Norwood have the worst supporters in the league now that most of Port Magpies ferals have deserted to the Offal (AFL).
Nope, still you bogan Ferals.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:22 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Now to get to zero!

Just a fair effort by North today. North started well, the wheels fell off in the second quarter and West for 20 minutes had much superior skills and then North controlled most of the second half without absolutely killing West off.
The game was dominated by the usual suspects, Thring and Tropiano were North's best and Stevens, Schmidt and Snelling for West. In addition John Noble was very impressive for West.
I shouldn't be too unhappy, North only had 12 of their premiership team playing, but of course at best they will only have 16 available with 5 having been drated. Additionally Jake Neade looks to be carrying a knee and doesn't seem capable of stretching out.

Noble was impressive for West.
They look to have the base of a good side and will upset some teams this year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Groucho » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Certain 2 points next game.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby LMA » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:12 pm

stan wrote:
Groucho wrote:Ugly Norwood Moron abused Trent Goodrem when he led the team down the race after the game. This was after he wanted to fight 2 Central supporters and gave all the Central Supporters in front of the grandstand a double middle finger salute. You IDIOT!! :twisted: This is the result when cousins breed. Surely Norwood have the worst supporters in the league now that most of Port Magpies ferals have deserted to the Offal (AFL).
Nope, still you bogan Ferals.

:DHave I just entered Bizarro World
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL