Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby norm11 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Pandawatch wrote:Nice to see Norm taking an interest in Virginia but would have too call Fake news again. If there was 15, which is 100 % untrue it would be 15 more than last year....

On another note, He is back......... Probally the best pickup the league has seen since the last time he made an appearance in the APFL. Tyson Panagiotou, like a fine wine gets better with age.

All good then. I’ll let the guy know that was there that he can’t count.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Pandawatch » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Thanks Norm appreciate your help maybe just let your friend know that he can work on his counting Monday to Friday three times a day just tune into ABC around 9am,11:30pm and 3pm ( playschool schedule )
Pandawatch
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:18 pm

OnSong wrote:
Pandawatch wrote:Nice to see Norm taking an interest in Virginia but would have too call Fake news again. If there was 15, which is 100 % untrue it would be 15 more than last year....

On another note, He is back......... Probally the best pickup the league has seen since the last time he made an appearance in the APFL. Tyson Panagiotou, like a fine wine gets better with age.

Has be been cleared?

Doesn’t seem like it on the clearance page but either has Staple or Bartlett been cleared or approved. Season only a few weekends away so found out very shortly what’s going on!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:34 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Has be been cleared?

Doesn’t seem like it on the clearance page but either has Staple or Bartlett been cleared or approved. Season only a few weekends away so found out very shortly what’s going on!

A lot of posts about Virginia over the off season from you Giddy? I don't think they'll be a threat for the 3 peat and matching the great Two Wells team of the late 70's.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:01 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Has be been cleared?

A lot of posts about Virginia over the off season from you Giddy? I don't think they'll be a threat for the 3 peat and matching the great Two Wells team of the late 70's.

Haha I’m just curious and like to know what’s going on at Virginia that’s all...... concerning sign when two local ex-captains leave within a year apart!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby hairy cat » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:37 am

I see Adrian Mark has a clearance pending
Is The pie colt Henry Bennison playing for South Gawler?
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Robran » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:59 am

Thanks to cheeky and the Two Wells FC yesterday for the hit out best of luck for the year ahead.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:08 am

Think there's a meeting tonight with regard to rule changes for the 2019 season.

Most of the new rules will come in, although at this stage it is unlikely the APFL will go with the 6,6,6 and restriction on runners/waterboys.

Also not sure on last touch rule, that is more likely to be introduced in 2020 if at all.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:29 pm

OnSong wrote:Think there's a meeting tonight with regard to rule changes for the 2019 season.

Most of the new rules will come in, although at this stage it is unlikely the APFL will go with the 6,6,6 and restriction on runners/waterboys.

Also not sure on last touch rule, that is more likely to be introduced in 2020 if at all.

Why would the League wait this long to discuss/make changes?
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:
OnSong wrote:Think there's a meeting tonight with regard to rule changes for the 2019 season.

Why would the League wait this long to discuss/make changes?

Next thing you know they'll start the games a month later than other leagues.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Just notice Ben Parish heading to the mid south eastern football league... That’s another big lost for Mallala!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:59 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:Just notice Ben Parish heading to the mid south eastern football league... That’s another big lost for Mallala!

Back down to where he grew up
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 am

As above. All other rules have come in except for those 3.
Makes sense to me
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:33 am

Mythical Creature wrote:As above. All other rules have come in except for those 3.
Makes sense to me

The following clip will give you a bit of a guideline of what the interpretations of the new rules are. It goes for about 20 minutes.

I'm sure there will more clarification filtering back to the clubs in the next week.

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am

You'd hope so, given we're two weeks away from Round 1. We've only had 6 months to sort this out.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:29 am

Does anyone know if the proposed changes to the junior player permit system were approved or not at the meeting last night?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:00 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:You'd hope so, given we're two weeks away from Round 1. We've only had 6 months to sort this out.

Yeah, agreed, the meeting was scheduled for a few weeks ago initially.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Does anyone know if the proposed changes to the junior player permit system were approved or not at the meeting last night?

Permit's are still allowed, it has been clamped down on though and there needs to be a reason for the permit.

For example: A kid can only play every second week because of parents not together.

Obviously if a team is legitimately short they will probably be allowed to top up.

I don't think it will be a piss take like it has been in previous years, the league needs to keep the format the same each Saturday and they'll have to be flexible to some degree.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Benchwarmer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 pm

I'm hearing word that Greenock are looking to form a club after some 50-60 years without a club.
They have a steering committee set up and are looking at joining either the APFL or BLGFA, though the AP seems to be their preferred option at this stage.
Not sure of the timeframe for start-up, but I assume 2020 or maybe 2021.
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Benchwarmer wrote:I'm hearing word that Greenock are looking to form a club after some 50-60 years without a club.
They have a steering committee set up and are looking at joining either the APFL or BLGFA, though the AP seems to be their preferred option at this stage.
Not sure of the timeframe for start-up, but I assume 2020 or maybe 2021.

I seen that too, I was wondering what to make of it, I thought it was for juniors.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy