Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:16 pm

heater31 wrote:
niCe_gARRy wrote:NSW looking at jak holiday from TTG for a rookie contract as a back up wicket keeper
This has to be more fanciful than Tasmania chasing our kids.....NSW surely can't have a bare cupboard given their strength at the national underage championships???

NSW surely would have plenty in the bank. One that springs to mind is Gilkes who has played Futures for ACT/NSW and played for the Thunder (remember he dropped S Marsh in the first over in the BBL over in Perth? He was then involved in the big partnership with Ferguson who tonned up that game). It would be interesting to see who SACA are chasing from interstate (if any)?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Judging by nIcE_gARyS other posts I'm going to take the above as a troll :D
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:29 pm

So Raphael and Neate retiring. Also the Evans brothers I believe.

Out of the other older players who is going around again? Not sure how old some of these blokes are but seems like they've been around a while

Jake Brown
Ziggy K
Tom Plant
Matt Weaver
Adam Dilley
Shane Chatto
Aaron Sayers
Tim Davey
Mark Cosgrove
Michael Cranmer
Trent Pascoe
Daniel Leigh
Cameron Williams
Matthew Frith - what happened to him?
Adam Somerfield
Shaun Tanner

Others?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:So Raphael and Neate retiring. Also the Evans brothers I believe.

Out of the other older players who is going around again? Not sure how old some of these blokes are but seems like they've been around a while

Jake Brown
Ziggy K
Tom Plant
Matt Weaver
Adam Dilley
Shane Chatto
Aaron Sayers
Tim Davey
Mark Cosgrove
Michael Cranmer
Trent Pascoe
Daniel Leigh
Cameron Williams
Adam Somerfield
Shaun Tanner

Others?

I'd suspect some may end up in the lower grades maybe to mentor the younger players there? I would also suspect some may end up in ATCA on some coin. Another "rumour" is Nobes to Goodwood to link up with an old teammate (Payne)?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:So Raphael and Neate retiring. Also the Evans brothers I believe.

Jake Brown
Ziggy K
Tom Plant
Matt Weaver
Adam Dilley
Shane Chatto
Aaron Sayers
Tim Davey
Mark Cosgrove
Michael Cranmer
Trent Pascoe
Daniel Leigh
Cameron Williams
Adam Somerfield
Shaun Tanner

Others?

I'd suspect some may end up in the lower grades maybe to mentor the younger players there? I would also suspect some may end up in ATCA on some coin. Another "rumour" is Nobes to Goodwood to link up with an old teammate (Payne)?

If John Palmer does take over as Adelaide coach, will have a very different team with those three senior blokes out. Chuck in Michael Cormack who I heard will be moving States to have a crack, and the Pom keeper if he does not come back, may slide down the ladder next season.

One name I heard Tim Neilson was chasing was Hunt from ACT Futures, made lots of runs in that comp. Would be surprising though if dumped Kelvin for someone like that, fair enough if going for a Phil Hughes/Maddinson type.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby niCe_gARRy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Judging by nIcE_gARyS other posts I'm going to take the above as a troll :D

Just what I’ve heard, I believe it is just a rumour but was going around the northern teams since the semi final between Adel and TTG
knock knock. who’s there? Woman. Woman who? Wo-Man
niCe_gARRy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby heater31 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:06 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

Jake Brown
Ziggy K
Tom Plant
Matt Weaver
Adam Dilley
Shane Chatto
Aaron Sayers
Tim Davey
Mark Cosgrove
Michael Cranmer
Trent Pascoe
Daniel Leigh
Cameron Williams
Adam Somerfield
Shaun Tanner

Others?

If John Palmer does take over as Adelaide coach, will have a very different team with those three senior blokes out. Chuck in Michael Cormack who I heard will be moving States to have a crack, and the Pom keeper if he does not come back, may slide down the ladder next season.

Won't be JP from what I've heard. Someone with international playing experience has the gig.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 am

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

Jake Brown
Ziggy K
Tom Plant
Matt Weaver
Adam Dilley
Shane Chatto
Aaron Sayers
Tim Davey
Mark Cosgrove
Michael Cranmer
Trent Pascoe
Daniel Leigh
Cameron Williams
Adam Somerfield
Shaun Tanner

Others?

Won't be JP from what I've heard. Someone with international playing experience has the gig.

J Gillespie?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am

Dan Cullen?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Hound » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:03 am

A hotelier who plays in the Hills CA
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:08 am

Shaun Tait?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Hound » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Hearing the Stingrays aren't to far away from an announcement!
The Hound
Reserves

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:51 pm

The Hound wrote:Hearing the Stingrays aren't to far away from an announcement!

Maybe Staunton pulling the pin? I think he has a young family which he wants to devote more time to, which is completely understandable. Would be a shame as he is good for them, a great competitor and good coach (playing coach when they won the flag?).
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby maxi » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Adelaide cc announcing Shaun Tait as new head coach surprised it would interest him but good luck to him. Is that all clubs coaches appointed?
maxi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:08 pm

maxi wrote:Adelaide cc announcing Shaun Tait as new head coach surprised it would interest him but good luck to him. Is that all clubs coaches appointed?
2 things I think have happened here.... coaching interests Shaun, did some work with the SA Outbacks last season was good from all reports and Adelaide have possibly made it attractive to him by only focused on the top 2 grades. Bottom 2 has the junior coach helping out along with a bit of help from Shaun.

Outbacks coach has been involved in selecting past Buffalo coaches so there is the conduit.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Who is coaching the Stingrays?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Hound » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Who is coaching the Stingrays?

Believe preferred candidate has not accepted yet and work may have an impact in travelling down souf
The Hound
Reserves

Postby Port Pirie Power » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:02 pm

Heard that Euan Fletcher from Kensis is headed to adelaide.

Any other movements?
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:35 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:Heard that Euan Fletcher from Kensis is headed to adelaide.

Any other movements?

Kensington A grade pretty hard to break into. Obviously looking for a fresh opportunity. I think he was eligible for SACA u/19s the season just gone but may have had a line drawn through his name after some average behaviour in Tas the year before (both toward opposition and some of his own team mates). Heard from someone at Uni that he didn't exactly cover himself on glory in the B grade GF with some very nasty sledging. Hopefully a new club can see a change in attitude as I've heard he's quite talented.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:36 am

Minimum Chips wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:Heard that Euan Fletcher from Kensis is headed to adelaide.

Any other movements?

Kensington A grade pretty hard to break into. Obviously looking for a fresh opportunity. I think he was eligible for SACA u/19s the season just gone but may have had a line drawn through his name after some average behaviour in Tas the year before (both toward opposition and some of his own team mates). Heard from someone at Uni that he didn't exactly cover himself on glory in the B grade GF with some very nasty sledging. Hopefully a new club can see a change in attitude as I've heard he's quite talented.

Yeh we played against him last year when he was making his 1st Grade debut, he was sledging our players like he was a Jake Brown, was quite funny when he had achieved nothing yet.

Stories re Tassie are correct, had to get Tim Nielsen involved re Kelly twins. Does not surprise Uni said that as he goes way too far. Will fit in well with Josh Pengelly!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps