Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:34 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:That's exactly what I said, glad you understood.

I understand what you meant, but I don't understand how it's a bad look

C’mon mate at least he wasn’t drunk and taking off from the cops and hiding.
Oh wait that’s Hawthorn’s problem now.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby carey » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:42 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bit of a culture issue at Alberton

You only beat Adelaide mate relax.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:04 am

carey wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bit of a culture issue at Alberton

You only beat Adelaide mate relax.
Oh I know we arent that good

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 am

No choccies, but it was all Rozee in Brisbane.

3 games, 3 slow starts, we need to quickly address the manner in which we’re starting matches at the moment, in the end it was, among other factors, part of what cost us on Saturday night. Brisbane had 4 goals on the board inside 12 minutes as they out gunned us on the outside creating space inside their forward 50 allowing the dangerous Hipwood to lead up at the ball carrier, mark, turn around and goal.

If not for Rozee ( more on him later ) bagging two and Ryder settling down over one late in the quarter we could have / would have been much further behind that 12 points at ¼ time. 4 of the last 5 centre clearances had Port winning the battle for territory late in the quarter, other than that last 5 minutes or so the game really was played on Brisbane’s terms, impressive ball movement to forwards prepared to lead at the ball carrier and not back into cheap kick territory. All of their goals came from play started in their back half, that’s 4 coast to coast majors because swift ball movement didn’t allow Port’s team defence to set up. Impressive from the Lion cubs. A mare of a quarter for Dougal Howard upon his return, he’s in 3 contests and gives up 3 goals.

Things changed pretty quickly to start the second, 3 free’s inside 50 for Port as the nervous Lions gave away two majors ( one to Rozee in the first ) inside 5 minutes to get us back in the game. From there, we literally shot ourselves in the foot for the next 20 minutes. Westhoff misses from point blank range, Ebert misses from 40, Gray misses two kickable ones, Ebert misses on the run and Gray sprays another, 6 very kickable goals ( 4 inexcusable misses ) and Port’s domination in the middle led by Boak and Powell-Pepper goes unrewarded. 2.7 for the quarter and that man again, Hipwood, pops up with 2 goals in junk time and it’s 13 points at half time. I reckon the game was won and lost here.

It was déjà vu all over again to start the third, free kick to Boak followed by a 50 and Port get the first. Rozee soon snaps another for his third, gets a fourth and could have had a fifth right after and Port are now controlling Brisbane’s run. Pushing the Lions from side to side across the expanses of the ‘Gabba we get our zone set up. Clurey is the deepest defender, Jonas playing his intercept role, Burton getting up onto the wing, Boak and Powell-Pepper feeding off Lycett and Ryder and Wines has locked down on Neale, in the centre clearances, anyway.

If not for Hipwood, again, McStay up front and Walker down back Port would have been closer than 7 points at ¾ time. Port have been on top now for the best part of an hour but haven’t been able to crack them open. The Lions have more substance now. Losing Rockliff might come back to hurt us in the midfield rotations later in the game. ( It did ).

The numbers game keep going Port’s way, 17 centre clearances to 6 at the start of the last as Boak bags his second, Rozee leaps high, kicks truly and gets his fifth in what must be the performance that win’s him this week’s Rising Star nomination. 21 touches, 7 marks (3 Inside 50) and 5 goals. Some of his movements have been compared to Wanganeen, you can see similarities, there’s no higher praise than being compared to Gavin Wanganeen and this kid looks a gem. The best number 20 for Port since Dean Brogan? #chadwho

Brisbane then lock it inside their forward 50, for 5 minutes it’s in their territory and McCluggage gets them reward for effort before Wines and Ryder ( with his third ) gives Port a 10 point lead with under 15 minutes to go. Now, whether it be Brisbane’s willingness to keep running, Port running out of legs or trying to hold onto the ball or a combination of all three the momentum quickly swung in Brisbane’s favour. Neale was getting it in the middle, Zorko was getting it forward of centre and Port couldn’t get it out of our back half.

The weight of entries took it’s toll as Cameron ( wouldn’t have known he was out there for the first 95 minutes ), McInerney and Hipwood with his sixth major put the game to bed. Really disappointing end to what was a quality contest between two young sides who show some dash and dare coupled with maturity in the back half from the likes of Clurey and Jonas for Port and Hodge and Walker for Brisbane.

What I liked – Rozee, how couldn’t you? SPP, perhaps his best game at AFL level (29 touches at 72%, 7 clearances (5 centre), 11 I50’s ), Boak continues his great early season form ( 35, 7 clearances, 2 goals ).

What I didn’t – Selection, Sam Gray had no impact, Howard cost us early before fighting back later on and no impact from Motlop and Drew who seemed to be a little lost in his outside role.

Boon’s best – Rozee, Powell-Pepper, Boak, Ryder, Burton
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10773 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am

Wines had no impact on the game what so ever but expected given his interrupted preseason.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but should he have had a run in the sanfl first up?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:15 am

He went to Neale in the third and that's when we really slowed them down, he faded in the last as expected and I think the loss of Rockliff from the rotations saw him cooked late, more than others.

Should he have? Maybe, he wasn't out worst though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby David Brent » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:23 am

Booney wrote:No choccies, but it was all Rozee in Brisbane.

3 games, 3 slow starts, we need to quickly address the manner in which we’re starting matches at the moment, in the end it was, among other factors, part of what cost us on Saturday night. Brisbane had 4 goals on the board inside 12 minutes as they out gunned us on the outside creating space inside their forward 50 allowing the dangerous Hipwood to lead up at the ball carrier, mark, turn around and goal.

If not for Rozee ( more on him later ) bagging two and Ryder settling down over one late in the quarter we could have / would have been much further behind that 12 points at ¼ time. 4 of the last 5 centre clearances had Port winning the battle for territory late in the quarter, other than that last 5 minutes or so the game really was played on Brisbane’s terms, impressive ball movement to forwards prepared to lead at the ball carrier and not back into cheap kick territory. All of their goals came from play started in their back half, that’s 4 coast to coast majors because swift ball movement didn’t allow Port’s team defence to set up. Impressive from the Lion cubs. A mare of a quarter for Dougal Howard upon his return, he’s in 3 contests and gives up 3 goals.

Things changed pretty quickly to start the second, 3 free’s inside 50 for Port as the nervous Lions gave away two majors ( one to Rozee in the first ) inside 5 minutes to get us back in the game. From there, we literally shot ourselves in the foot for the next 20 minutes. Westhoff misses from point blank range, Ebert misses from 40, Gray misses two kickable ones, Ebert misses on the run and Gray sprays another, 6 very kickable goals ( 4 inexcusable misses ) and Port’s domination in the middle led by Boak and Powell-Pepper goes unrewarded. 2.7 for the quarter and that man again, Hipwood, pops up with 2 goals in junk time and it’s 13 points at half time. I reckon the game was won and lost here.

It was déjà vu all over again to start the third, free kick to Boak followed by a 50 and Port get the first. Rozee soon snaps another for his third, gets a fourth and could have had a fifth right after and Port are now controlling Brisbane’s run. Pushing the Lions from side to side across the expanses of the ‘Gabba we get our zone set up. Clurey is the deepest defender, Jonas playing his intercept role, Burton getting up onto the wing, Boak and Powell-Pepper feeding off Lycett and Ryder and Wines has locked down on Neale, in the centre clearances, anyway.

If not for Hipwood, again, McStay up front and Walker down back Port would have been closer than 7 points at ¾ time. Port have been on top now for the best part of an hour but haven’t been able to crack them open. The Lions have more substance now. Losing Rockliff might come back to hurt us in the midfield rotations later in the game. ( It did ).

The numbers game keep going Port’s way, 17 centre clearances to 6 at the start of the last as Boak bags his second, Rozee leaps high, kicks truly and gets his fifth in what must be the performance that win’s him this week’s Rising Star nomination. 21 touches, 7 marks (3 Inside 50) and 5 goals. Some of his movements have been compared to Wanganeen, you can see similarities, there’s no higher praise than being compared to Gavin Wanganeen and this kid looks a gem. The best number 20 for Port since Dean Brogan? #chadwho

Brisbane then lock it inside their forward 50, for 5 minutes it’s in their territory and McCluggage gets them reward for effort before Wines and Ryder ( with his third ) gives Port a 10 point lead with under 15 minutes to go. Now, whether it be Brisbane’s willingness to keep running, Port running out of legs or trying to hold onto the ball or a combination of all three the momentum quickly swung in Brisbane’s favour. Neale was getting it in the middle, Zorko was getting it forward of centre and Port couldn’t get it out of our back half.

The weight of entries took it’s toll as Cameron ( wouldn’t have known he was out there for the first 95 minutes ), McInerney and Hipwood with his sixth major put the game to bed. Really disappointing end to what was a quality contest between two young sides who show some dash and dare coupled with maturity in the back half from the likes of Clurey and Jonas for Port and Hodge and Walker for Brisbane.

What I liked – Rozee, how couldn’t you? SPP, perhaps his best game at AFL level (29 touches at 72%, 7 clearances (5 centre), 11 I50’s ), Boak continues his great early season form ( 35, 7 clearances, 2 goals ).

What I didn’t – Selection, Sam Gray had no impact, Howard cost us early before fighting back later on and no impact from Motlop and Drew who seemed to be a little lost in his outside role.

Boon’s best – Rozee, Powell-Pepper, Boak, Ryder, Burton

Port would surely be looking to bring young Marshall back in this week to exploit our lack of mobile Key Defenders like GWS did on the weekend wouldn't they?

You can get Port 40+ for $3.75 currently. With our injuries, suspensions, form & pretty poor record at Adelaide Oval that looks a tasty bet at this stage.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:29 am

Might have been because I was half cut, watching from the P.O.W and had money on Port lol, but I think Port lost that game rather than being beaten by a better opponent.

Brought Rockliff and Lycett into my SC team this week so I might have been part of the problem lol.

Rozee, Boak and SPP good, although the latter two were poor by foot which didn't help the cause. The defence was solid in the main, just poor skill level and missed opportunities prevented another win was my take.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:31 am

David Brent wrote:Port would surely be looking to bring young Marshall back in this week to exploit our lack of mobile Key Defenders like GWS did on the weekend wouldn't they?

You can get Port 40+ for $3.75 currently. With our injuries, suspensions, form & pretty poor record at Adelaide Oval that looks a tasty bet at this stage.

Not sure I'd have the confidence to take the 40+, but with no Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin and maybe Martin ( his off the ball whack ) Port should be favorites but at the moment $1.45 and $2.75 H2H seems too short.

I think Marshall will come in, yes. Perhaps Framton as well, depends on Lycett's bump on Robinson being deemed worthy of a suspension for Lycett or a Logie for Robinson.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:34 am

Booney wrote:Dixon suffered a badly broken right leg and dislocated ankle. Reports were the club wasn't 100% thrilled with how he returned for preseason / rehab in November, as such he played a bit of catch up, got in some pain and ended up having a clean out two weeks ago.

If he's doing everything he can as far as his recovery goes then all well and good, if he's not and as far as I know your right ankle gets a bit of work when you're driving, then I can't say I'm thrilled.

You'd hope he cleared it with the PAFC before organising the trip and hit certain milestones before leaving.

He left Adelaide on a Friday (travel day for the AFL side) and I assume back by this morning?

FYI Hawthorn's Tom Mitchell was in Fiji less than a week ago.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:32 pm

REB's best Westhoff, Motlop, S Gray, Bonner, Wines. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm

How good was Wingard yesterday? Oh wrong thread
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Arch44 wrote:How good was Wingard yesterday? Oh wrong thread

Number 20 for Port produced the best game in that jumper for a long time on the weekend. ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Number 20 for Port produced the best game in that jumper for a long time on the weekend. ;)

Wasn't match winning though 8-[
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby stan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Arch44 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Wasn't match winning though 8-[
Yeah he's shit.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Booney - surely Trengove gets a gig this week? Must reward performance!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:Booney - surely Trengove gets a gig this week? Must reward performance!

Will be interesting to see changes.

He's been playing across half back marshaling the defensive unit, the only one he could potentially replace is Bonner and I wouldn't be surprised by that.

I think Mayes might replace Drew and Marshall replace S.Gray.

In - Mayes, Marshall
Out - Drew, S.Gray

Bonner/Trengove.....50/50 call.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:44 pm

I wouldn't be upset if he replaced S. Gray and played a defensive fwd/midfield role.

Back to back 40+ disposals / 10+ tackles - hard to go past.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Voss suggesting no changes in his presser.

S.Gray might know this weeks X Lotto numbers.... :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Was Gray that bad? Surely he gets more than a honeymoon chance to show some form?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL