AFL Round 4 - Just don't touch anyone

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 4 - Just don't touch anyone

Postby helicopterking » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:06 am

Longmire is the Most Over Rated Coach in the comp, closely followed by Geelongs coach.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:18 am

Sydney = cooked.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:05 am

Looking forward to a week of miserable Wubbzy (not)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 am

There was a moment in the first quarter that summed Sydney up for mine.

Dawson had led up and marked a kick from Florent on the 50m arc on the broadcast side of the SCG. It looked as though the 55m journey was probably just outside his ability. To his left, about 15-20m away Franklin, with two blokes near him, clearly covered and in no better position was arms out doing his sly kick it to me "lead". Dawson entertained the idea, then went back and popped it up to the top of the square, bottom left of screen Franklin had the frowns on.

Buddy is a champion, he's well inside the top 10 of players post-2000, but Sydney are so focused on using him at every opportunity they do so to their own detriment. It looks as though the slide is on in Sydney, finals look a long way off for them from here.

Couple with that the players that have been squeezed out along the way because of the Franklin deal, how will the Franklin contract be viewed at the end of 2022 if there's no premiership delivered to the Swans during his 10 years there?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:28 am

Booney wrote:There was a moment in the first quarter that summed Sydney up for mine.

Dawson had led up and marked a kick from Florent on the 50m arc on the broadcast side of the SCG. It looked as though the 55m journey was probably just outside his ability. To his left, about 15-20m away Franklin, with two blokes near him, clearly covered and in no better position was arms out doing his sly kick it to me "lead". Dawson entertained the idea, then went back and popped it up to the top of the square, bottom left of screen Franklin had the frowns on.

Buddy is a champion, he's well inside the top 10 of players post-2000, but Sydney are so focused on using him at every opportunity they do so to their own detriment. It looks as though the slide is on in Sydney, finals look a long way off for them from here.

Couple with that the players that have been squeezed out along the way because of the Franklin deal, how will the Franklin contract be viewed at the end of 2022 if there's no premiership delivered to the Swans during his 10 years there?

Reckon we’ve discussed this before but if Sydney don’t win at least one flag in Franklin’s time there then his signing can only be viewed as a failure.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:There was a moment in the first quarter that summed Sydney up for mine.

Reckon we’ve discussed this before but if Sydney don’t win at least one flag in Franklin’s time there then his signing can only be viewed as a failure.

disagree. Regarding winning a flag with buddy... He has earned every cent he's got and has pretty much carried us to two GF's.
The blokes around him have let him down not the other way round. Just my opinion.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:33 am

Spargo wrote:Reckon we’ve discussed this before but if Sydney don’t win at least one flag in Franklin’s time there then his signing can only be viewed as a failure.

Fair to say there isn't one coming in 2019 and with Franklin going 33 next year their most dangerous key forward isn't in the prime of his career.

Reid is disappointing, I know injury has prevented him from getting the best out of himself, but he's not anywhere near the player many people think he could be.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:34 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

disagree. Regarding winning a flag with buddy... He has earned every cent he's got and has pretty much carried us to two GF's.
The blokes around him have let him down not the other way round. Just my opinion.

Not what I thought you'd say. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:44 am

Last night was incredibly frustrating. We are so predictable in regard to when we get into positions in games and our inability to work through, we some how can't keep momentum.
People are saying "sack Longmire", but I don't agree with that personally. The responsibility has to be put on the players to a point, simple skill errors, poor decision making and so many broken tackles.
Longmire has done good job considering the youth we have had to "blood" over the past few years, rebuild on the run and have continued to make the 8.

We are due for a down season, and something I haven't experienced for some time. But with the young talent we have I don't think we will be down for long, and it's only round 4. So a slow start isn't something new.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

just need to see our membership numbers since he joined the club...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am

^ fools and their money?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3481 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 am

Booney wrote:

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 am

Corona Man wrote:^ fools and their money?

he did the same with your lot...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:52 am

Sydney are reminding me of my mob. Both mentally shot.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:52 am

Spargo wrote:

Was unavailable when they had a red hot chance for the flag.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 am

MW wrote:Sydney are reminding me of my mob. Both mentally shot.

Adelaide still has the crop, Sydney's window has closed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:01 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Last night was incredibly frustrating. We are so predictable in regard to when we get into positions in games and our inability to work through, we some how can't keep momentum.
People are saying "sack Longmire", but I don't agree with that personally. The responsibility has to be put on the players to a point, simple skill errors, poor decision making and so many broken tackles.
Longmire has done good job considering the youth we have had to "blood" over the past few years, rebuild on the run and have continued to make the 8.

We are due for a down season, and something I haven't experienced for some time. But with the young talent we have I don't think we will be down for long, and it's only round 4. So a slow start isn't something new.

Heeney, Florent, Hewett, Mills, Llllllloooooyyyd, Cunningham and Blakey are all quality, a couple of them potential stars, but they're all the same flavor. There's no big men in that lot and the likes of McVeigh, Kennedy, Reid, Franklin, Jack and co. have their best football behind them.

Seems to be a dearth of 23-26 year olds and KPP in Sydney's list, granted I don't really know what's running around in their NEAFL unit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:Sydney are reminding me of my mob. Both mentally shot.

Adelaide still has the crop, Sydney's window has closed.

There's no fresh air coming in Adelaide's window mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 am

The loss of Cola aka the end of the bloods culture is why Sydney will actually have to bottom out, they are in a huge amount of trouble, only going to get worse for them. Spoons await
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
just need to see our membership numbers since he joined the club...

Really hanging your hat on that?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL