Centrals vs North Good Friday Prospect Oval

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Centrals vs North Good Friday Prospect Oval

Postby UK Fan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:11 pm

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Re: Centrals vs North Good Friday Prospect Oval

Postby Grenville » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Good to see Ryan Falkenberg back in the magoos. Has shown he's got a bit about him and could be handy at league level.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby locky801 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 pm

1/4 time

Central 5.3

North 2.5
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:45 pm

We earned that win, worked hard all day. Polish isn't there but the effort today could not be faulted. Cocks kicked 3 goals from holding the ball decisions (all of which were there) through us not taking the 1st option. If we give that sort of performance for the rest of the year win, lose or draw Dogs supporters should be happy. Fish, Hosko, Menzel best. Jydon Neagle is a beauty. Darcy Pisani will be very good for us this year, rucks are showing enough, just need a key forward.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Grenville wrote:We earned that win, worked hard all day. Polish isn't there but the effort today could not be faulted. Cocks kicked 3 goals from holding the ball decisions (all of which were there) through us not taking the 1st option. If we give that sort of performance for the rest of the year win, lose or draw Dogs supporters should be happy. Fish, Hosko, Menzel best. Jydon Neagle is a beauty. Darcy Pisani will be very good for us this year, rucks are showing enough, just need a key forward.

Well said dogs r missing Butch upfront big time. But we are hugely improved on last year.

Menzel is a class above, the most talented player I’ve seen at the club since Josh Glenn/Nic Holman. Jyden Neagle is going to be beauty, Matt was very good in his first game. The two ruckman have a dip. Auckland is a better mark but Davis is becoming a big factor in the second half. Pisani is solid and Ortiz gives great pressure in the front half.

Gillard is one of the most improved players in the SANFL.

Usual suspects Schillers Hoskin Goodrem Habel Presbury very good, Jenner’s experience in defence is invaluable

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Groucho » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Grenville wrote: The two ruckman have a dip. Auckland is a better mark but Davis is becoming a big factor in the second half. Pisani is solid and Ortiz gives great pressure in the front half.

Who is Davis? Do you mean Marsh? Agree re Gillard. Very valuable game from Jenner. Very happy. :D
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Groucho wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Grenville wrote: The two ruckman have a dip. Auckland is a better mark but Davis is becoming a big factor in the second half. Pisani is solid and Ortiz gives great pressure in the front half.

Who is Davis? Do you mean Marsh? Agree re Gillard. Very valuable game from Jenner. Very happy. :D

I've had a few but I didn't post that.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Grenville » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Ortiz didn't do enough for me today but he will be ok. The way he plays is more that of an 80's little bloke, gets in and under and reads the ball off packs well. Knows where to be around goal.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Grenville wrote:
Groucho wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

I've had a few but I didn't post that.

Yep Marsh

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Got to see my first bits of the magoos for the year today, watched the last quarter and a bit. Furnell in ruck was very impressive as was Mitchell Payne around half forward. Flynn Pisani, Rhett Montgomerie, Johannes Smit, Oliver Shaw had their moments and Matt White showed he should be playing in the 1's. There's some talent coming through.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Dogs probably a 5 goal better side today in an entertaining game. Good crowd. I was torn cheering for North and Troy Menzel who had a great game.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brett » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:18 pm

How many were out injured for North ? Any idea of the crowd numbers ? Looked pretty good.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Brett wrote:How many were out injured for North ? Any idea of the crowd numbers ? Looked pretty good.

About 5 plus we lost our Captain in the 2nd quarter. Didn't even have our coach there as he went home crook as a dog!
Crowd was 3012.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Big Phil » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:Dogs probably a 5 goal better side today in an entertaining game. Good crowd. I was torn cheering for North and Troy Menzel who had a great game.

Could have kicked 6 or 7 goals.

Seemed fatigued as the game went on and that affected his goal kicking.

Impressed with Strato Agorastos on debut for the Roosters.

I commented his 5 goal haul in the Ressies GF last year.

Seems like he could forge a bit of a cult following.

Reminds me a bit of Johnny Boras.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby robranisgod » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brett wrote:How many were out injured for North ? Any idea of the crowd numbers ? Looked pretty good.

About 5 plus we lost our Captain in the 2nd quarter. Didn't even have our coach there as he went home crook as a dog!
Crowd was 3012.

From last year's premiership 21, Mitch Clisby was out with a hamstring, Alex Barns with concussion, Sam McInerney has been out injured with a groin all season and Lewis Hender was out suspended. I can never understand undisciplined footballers getting reported, especially when your team is stuggling with injuries.
In addition Jake Neade was out with a bad knee. His form was poor prior to him missing this week's match but he has looked to be carrying a knee injury all season.
James Craig is also still out with injury but given that is more than a season since he has been fully fit there has to be questions about his future. Despite his limitations he would still be North's best ruck option if fit.
As Wedgie said Max Thring left the field at the start of the second quarter and Aidan Tropeano was off the field for most of the first half with a broken nose. You could hear his screams of pain on the grandstand side of the ground as the doctor put his nose back into place. He played remarkably in the second half given the inconvenience that he was obviously under to end up with 24 possessions.
I agree with Wedgie that Central looked a 5 goal better side. I was shocked when North got within a kick late in the last quarter, It would have been grand larceny if North had got up. Central missed a number of gettable goals in the third quarter but then Miller twice and J Schwarz ran into open goals from close range and missed in the last frantic minutes of the game.
I know there is no logic to the following comment but it seems as though North used all their luck up last year, especially given the number of "lucky bounces" they got in the Grand Final and are now paying the price by having no luck this year.
Troy Menzel looked the class player on the field by a large margin. The usual suspects, the Schiller brothers, Hoskin and Fort all played fine games and I have probably missed a couple of young Central players because I just don't know league players like I used to.
For North Tom Schwarrz was best, Allmond played well and Ramsey competed well at Centre Half Forward but just missed a number of shots for goal. Tanner Smith, first up after injury, improved as the game went on and Olekalns got a lot of touches, especially late.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Brett » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:08 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Crowd was 3012.

From last year's premiership 21, Mitch Clisby was out with a hamstring, Alex Barns with concussion, Sam McInerney has been out injured with a groin all season and Lewis Hender was out suspended. I can never understand undisciplined footballers getting reported, especially when your team is stuggling with injuries.
In addition Jake Neade was out with a bad knee. His form was poor prior to him missing this week's match but he has looked to be carrying a knee injury all season.
James Craig is also still out with injury but given that is more than a season since he has been fully fit there has to be questions about his future. Despite his limitations he would still be North's best ruck option if fit.
As Wedgie said Max Thring left the field at the start of the second quarter and Aidan Tropeano was off the field for most of the first half with a broken nose. You could hear his screams of pain on the grandstand side of the ground as the doctor put his nose back into place. He played remarkably in the second half given the inconvenience that he was obviously under to end up with 24 possessions.
I agree with Wedgie that Central looked a 5 goal better side. I was shocked when North got within a kick late in the last quarter, It would have been grand larceny if North had got up. Central missed a number of gettable goals in the third quarter but then Miller twice and J Schwarz ran into open goals from close range and missed in the last frantic minutes of the game.
I know there is no logic to the following comment but it seems as though North used all their luck up last year, especially given the number of "lucky bounces" they got in the Grand Final and are now paying the price by having no luck this year.
Troy Menzel looked the class player on the field by a large margin. The usual suspects, the Schiller brothers, Hoskin and Fort all played fine games and I have probably missed a couple of young Central players because I just don't know league players like I used to.
For North Tom Schwarrz was best, Allmond played well and Ramsey competed well at Centre Half Forward but just missed a number of shots for goal. Tanner Smith, first up after injury, improved as the game went on and Olekalns got a lot of touches, especially late.

Are you admitting North were lucky to win the GF ? I thought North had an easy run in but on the day were at their best.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby northerner » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Over the years Central have always been a desperate opponent despite lacking the playing personnel to win. On Friday it was North who were the more desperate. They had odds stacked against them with injuries before and during the game yet refused to yield. Their dire situation courtesy of losing 4 Premiership points has made then more than just the hunted this season...they are the haunted!

Not sure how long the Dogs can continue with two ruckmen who cannot contribute around the ground (ala Harvey and Ramsey). With White starting to hit his straps in the reserves as he learns to manage his dodgy knee it may be a matter of time before he takes on the second ruck duties.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Board index   Football  SANFL