OAKSY Doggies Tips

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Groover wrote:
Groover wrote:Miss Bellawood is fronting up again at Sandown on Sunday R1 box 2
And Mister Harlewood has been nominated for Thursday’s maiden heats at the meadows 525mtrs.
Silk worm is in on Sunday at Gawler R3 box 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Bellawood gets up by a half length, had good support across the totes

Well done!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Groover » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:38 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Groover wrote:
And Mister Harlewood has been nominated for Thursday’s maiden heats at the meadows 525mtrs.

Well done!

Cheers mate, it’s good to see them show what they can do!

Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:51 pm

Groover wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Groover wrote:

Well done!

Well they are in good hands in Vic!

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:22 pm

From May 2, Greyhound Racing SA (GRSA) will commence a trial of G-SIX racing at Angle Park, Gawler
and Mount Gambier. As the names suggests, G-SIX racing involves six-dog fields being drawn as the
norm for those venues through until the end of July.
The G-SIX form of racing mirrors the traditional approach at English tracks but with the additional
appeal of dogs being more generously spaced at box-rise. In a constantly evolving market, and having
regard for different wagering client needs, this change reflects a willingness by GRSA to challenge
traditional thinking and explore new approaches to the delivery of its racing product.
This innovation is expected to drive a number of immediate benefits for the sport in South Australia:
- Maximising the racing opportunity for trainers and breeders in each of the key TAB-track
regions of South Australia
- Driving up participant returns by the equivalent of more than $1 million annually
- Cleaner racing with less interference
- Scheduling of two weekly meetings at all South Australian TAB venues
How G-SIX racing works:
- Maximum of 6 dogs in each race
- Vacancies in the ‘3’ and ‘6’ alleys
- The 6 dogs will utilise the rug colour which correlates to their box draw – ie red, black/white
stripes, blue, yellow, black, pink
- The two reserves will be numbered 9 and 10 and carry the standard rug colours for reserves
The trial format has been made possible with the assistance of Tabcorp working with GRSA. Tabcorp
General Manager of Wagering, VIC, TAS, SA, NT, Trevor Parkes said: “GRSA is a key partner of TAB and
greyhound racing is an exciting sport within the Australian entertainment landscape. We have
supported the trial of 6 dog races with scheduling on Sky Racing and looking forward to seeing how
participants and punters respond to G-SIX racing.”
GRSA Chairman Grantley Stevens is just one of those expecting big things from the introduction of the
concept. “In this instance, less really does amount to more. The G-SIX initiative will allow us to run
more race meetings and more races on each card. Participants will race for the same stakes, but more
often, and wagering clients will be offered more choice” he observed. “South Australia is a proud
innovator and one which believes in pushing the boundaries as a driver of positive change.”
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Weve been running G6 at murray bridge for months! Low noms every meeting![emoji23]

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm

HaHa. Very true.

Not sure what to make of it yet. It's a trial so I will wait and see.
DOC
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:42 pm

DOC wrote:HaHa. Very true.

Not sure what to make of it yet. It's a trial so I will wait and see.
Oh i know what i make of it.
Especially if i have dogs that dont get a run

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 am

Anyone following SA Greyhound Tips on Twitter? Nailed the Murray Bridge quaddie last night. $36 for 100 per cent of the div, paid $1400 on SuperTab.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby DOC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 am

Get on?
DOC
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:44 am

OnSong wrote:Anyone following SA Greyhound Tips on Twitter? Nailed the Murray Bridge quaddie last night. $36 for 100 per cent of the div, paid $1400 on SuperTab.
Toddy is back on the ball in recent times
Suffered a little when he came back from overseas late last year, but is going alright at the moment.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 am

DOC wrote:Get on?

I did but I chucked an omen number in the last leg, where he had the fave stood out.

So effectively halved my dividend but very happy all the same.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Groover » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 pm

DOC wrote:From May 2, Greyhound Racing SA (GRSA) will commence a trial of G-SIX racing at Angle Park, Gawler
and Mount Gambier. As the names suggests, G-SIX racing involves six-dog fields being drawn as the
The G-SIX form of racing mirrors the traditional approach at English tracks but with the additional
appeal of dogs being more generously spaced at box-rise. In a constantly evolving market, and having
regard for different wagering client needs, this change reflects a willingness by GRSA to challenge
traditional thinking and explore new approaches to the delivery of its racing product.
This innovation is expected to drive a number of immediate benefits for the sport in South Australia:
- Maximising the racing opportunity for trainers and breeders in each of the key TAB-track
- Driving up participant returns by the equivalent of more than $1 million annually
How G-SIX racing works:
- The 6 dogs will utilise the rug colour which correlates to their box draw – ie red, black/white
- The two reserves will be numbered 9 and 10 and carry the standard rug colours for reserves
The trial format has been made possible with the assistance of Tabcorp working with GRSA. Tabcorp
General Manager of Wagering, VIC, TAS, SA, NT, Trevor Parkes said: “GRSA is a key partner of TAB and
greyhound racing is an exciting sport within the Australian entertainment landscape. We have
supported the trial of 6 dog races with scheduling on Sky Racing and looking forward to seeing how
GRSA Chairman Grantley Stevens is just one of those expecting big things from the introduction of the
concept. “In this instance, less really does amount to more. The G-SIX initiative will allow us to run
more race meetings and more races on each card. Participants will race for the same stakes, but more
often, and wagering clients will be offered more choice” he observed. “South Australia is a proud
innovator and one which believes in pushing the boundaries as a driver of positive change.”

Not many dogs should be missing out, I think it’s more a ploy to have to stop extending nominations

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Groover wrote:
DOC wrote:From May 2, Greyhound Racing SA (GRSA) will commence a trial of G-SIX racing at Angle Park, Gawler
How G-SIX racing works:

Not many dogs should be missing out, I think it’s more a ploy to have to stop extending nominations

It is to combat low noms.
But they are still going to have reserves. It makes no sense.
They should give every dog nommed a start.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mal » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:05 pm

6 dog fields = no third place dividend
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:09 pm

mal wrote:6 dog fields = no third place dividend
=less turn over.
But in reality turnover wont change that much.
I know some big punters are keen on 6 dog fields as they play place heavy in our NTD races as it is now.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Groover » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Groover wrote:
How G-SIX racing works:

Yeah reserves for this are a negative to this concept, I can only assume that they don’t want to draw 6 dog fields and then have 2 or 3 scratchings leaving basically nothing.

IMO should have stuck with current day format, and just drawn small fields to make up 12 races if the nominations were low.

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Groover wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Groover wrote:
How G-SIX racing works:

Yeah reserves for this are a negative to this concept, I can only assume that they don’t want to draw 6 dog fields and then have 2 or 3 scratchings leaving basically nothing.

IMO should have stuck with current day format, and just drawn small fields to make up 12 races if the nominations were low.

Or we can have reserves, but draw them into a race. Similar to a final situation where a reserve can be nommed into another race. And if gains a run in the final is scr from other race.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Groover » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:52 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Groover wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Groover wrote:[quote="Groover"]Miss Bellawood is fronting up again at Sandown on Sunday R1 box 2

Well done!

Well they are in good hands in Vic!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Silk worm 4th last night at Gawler
Mister harlewood has drawn R1 box 1 @ meadows Thursday, should be a very good chance
Miss breakout is in again Thursday at angle park R3 box 7, goes close if gets clear run
And miss takiri will be making her debut at Gawler on Friday R1 box 6, will be watching her with interest, she trialled 23.30 first look 2 weeks ago

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:53 pm

I can finally get in after the event

Papa ran a handy 3rd at MB.

Now off to Gawler friday week for heats/final series over 400m

Slingshot Storm
Ran at Shep. The boy gets worked up in the kennels and runs his race before hitting the track.
Jumped good, thought we could run 2nd on turn but he tires halfway up straight as the fatigue of playing up sets in.
1st/2nd splits were quick though.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Groover » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:42 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I can finally get in after the event

Papa ran a handy 3rd at MB.

Now off to Gawler friday week for heats/final series over 400m

Slingshot Storm
Ran at Shep. The boy gets worked up in the kennels and runs his race before hitting the track.
Jumped good, thought we could run 2nd on turn but he tires halfway up straight as the fatigue of playing up sets in.
1st/2nd splits were quick though.

Good for guiseppe to get some form up, hopefully that can continue for ya [emoji106]

Groover
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room