wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
mots02 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:The AFL acknowledged COLA gave Sydney an unfair advantage and decided to fix the imbalance.

by punishing us from a rule they brought in????

Rules get modified or rescinded all the time, just be happy that you had an unfair advantage for as long as you did.

rules do, but should someone or an organisation be punished for those changes? Zero issue with COLA going, we recruited 2 massive names because of it... That's it!!! We also recruited ALOT of B+ players who turned out very good for us! But we never broke any laws. COLA helped but to say it is the only reason we were successful is idiotic.

SA, VIC, and WA clubs already have an advantage over the eastern clubs, as it's easier to retain players. See what happened to Brisbane after COLA was gone. People bitch about the Academies, but they are fundamental to football succeeding in those areas. Every club has one, but we use it better then them...

People bitch about us getting Buddy, but Richmond can resign dusty and sign Lynch on massive contracts (more then buddy) and not a word said... Everything we did was within the rules the AFL set, and imposed on us.

But Richmond don't have 10% more to pay their list with because some Sydney wankers insist on living in Bondi. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Gary Rohan (after a lazy 4 goals) “We just love beating Hawthorn” :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:58 am

Spargo wrote:Gary Rohan (after a lazy 4 goals) “We just love beating Hawthorn” :lol:

:lol:

few swans supporters posting how it's a disgrace we let him go and it was a big mistake by us...

Yesterday would have to be one of the first times in his career he played well in a really big game... I like Gaz, but he isn't a loss.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:17 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Gary Rohan (after a lazy 4 goals) “We just love beating Hawthorn” :lol:

few swans supporters posting how it's a disgrace we let him go and it was a big mistake by us...

Yesterday would have to be one of the first times in his career he played well in a really big game... I like Gaz, but he isn't a loss.

A bit easier to score goals in a team that tries to score goals.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

Should have kept him then, you won't be playing in any really big games any time soon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:55 am

Booney wrote:
Should have kept him then, you won't be playing in any really big games any time soon.

They have the "Battle of the Bridge" this week don't they?
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

ease up, wins one game in perth and carry's on like a pork chop
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

They have thew "Battle of the Bridge" this week don't they?

yep, just what we need... I am hoping GWS forfeit
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

They have the "Battle of the Bridge" this week don't they?

The traditional contest, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:04 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

ease up, wins one game in perth and carry's on like a pork chop

To be fair I've been shit canning your lot all year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:ease up, wins one game in perth and carry's on like a pork chop

Also to be fair, Port are likely to lose Friday to North :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:13 pm

jealousy is a smelly cologne boon and you reek of it :D
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

A bit easier to score goals in a team that tries to score goals.

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:14 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:jealousy is a smelly cologne boon and you reek of it :D

You've got me there.

:roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

From the swans website

From the Outer: It can turn quickly

I’m in to my seventh decade of following the Swans, and each year still brings that child-like expectation and hope for the season ahead, though it has been a patchy opening to the year so far. It’s been an underwhelming start on the field with only one win from the four games so far. We need a win. And due to some other commitments this is my first chance to see my boys live, in the flesh.

So, I’m off to the Docklands Stadium on Easter Saturday night to see how we can handle the 2017 Premiers - the Tigers, who despite losing some key players are still one of the competition powerhouses.

Watching South Melbourne play Richmond at the MCG on a Saturday afternoon formed much of my initiation to footy as a child in the `60s and `70s. I can’t remember beating them there too often, if at all. Not any grand memories. Tonight I’m heading in with one of my older brothers, Tony and we are meeting my mate Geoff and his young son Marius. We gather in the unofficially named Adam Goodes Stand (Aisle 37!) – upper level on the eastern wing – a great vantage point. What memories will tonight hold? Good I hope.

It is a milestone night for our 2012 premiership player and former co-captain Kieren Jack who brings up his 250th game. What an achievement for someone from a rugby league background. His courage, speed and hardness at the contest has been a key part of our ongoing success over the last decade, or so. Well done and good luck Kieren.

It’s a lively start with both teams hard at it winning plenty of the ball. However our boys are a bit fumbly, which continually puts them under pressure with few clean entries in to the forward half. The first goal goes to the Tigers courtesy of a turnover from an intercept mark cutting off Lloydy’s outlet pass. Then we finally get some clean ball movement that enables Buddy to break free and run in for an easy goal. Marius high-fives us all. We follow up with another to Parker – high-fives all round. We briefly lead. Though by quarters’ end we have managed to cough it up again a number of times gifting the Tigers an 8 point lead. The stats are pretty even, so our level of effort is good.

The second quarter starts in a promising manner. Sharp kicks from Dawson to Papley to Heeney, resulting in a classy around the body goal from deep in the pocket. Heens is a gem. We are competitive for the first half of the stanza and when Joey Kennedy goals it’s two majors apiece - we are within touch. Then whatever we are trying to do falls apart and we seem to find ways time and time again to hand it back to the Tigers, who are ruthless and efficient in taking every opportunity gifted them. Stop-start play, poor decisions, poor execution – turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover. I’m thinking that we should be sponsored by tech giant Apple and change our name to the “Apple Turnovers”. We go in to half time 6 goals down. This could be a mauling.

Usually I much prefer being at the game than watching on tv as it allows you to see the play unfold and understand the structures and game plans somewhat. Tonight it’s only confirming that we are way off the mark at the moment and that whatever we are attempting is not working. I’m beyond frustrated! I’m thinking of leaving as we have not played this poorly in a long time. I’ve only ever done that once before, I always stay to the end win or lose. However, it would not be a good example for young Marius. I stay and text my other brother, Martin who is on holiday at Balranald. We vent and agree that we need to be more instinctive, get-and-go, more like how the Tigers are playing.

To my relief after the break we continue to be competitive and start to use the ball more cleanly. Lloyd, Cunningham and Dawson are hitting targets off half back while Jones and Florent are providing run through the middle. Two goals to Buddy cut the margin, though we manage to give those goals back by end of quarter.

The last quarter follows a similar pattern we push and goals to Buddy and Paps have us back to within 4 goals. Though we are not playing well enough to get a run on and pull off an epic comeback. Goals to the Tigers snuff out any hopes. Late goals to Reid and Heeney keep the loss to a respectable 22 points.

You could argue that we should have been thumped. We did not play well. The Tigers were very good. Though on the other hand we had plenty of the ball and battled it out – as we always do. We’re a club that sticks at it.

It seems that the experienced players are carrying a big load at the moment. Rampe was outstanding down back again. Sinclair is carrying the ruck with Joey and Parks holding the mids together. Young Rowbottom made a promising debut and Dawson played his best game to date while Jones and Florent continue to provide run.

Sadly Kizza had a poor game. He was not alone, as we have many playing below their best at the moment. He has been written off before, hopefully he still has more to give. And maybe the boys are not so far off too. A lack of confidence and form is killing us at the moment. We have been written off as a team before too, however I’m the eternal optimist. I’ll get over my frustration in a day or two and look forward to the challenges ahead. I like the kids that we are bringing in and the spark we need may be just around the corner. Go Bloods!
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:jealousy is a smelly cologne boon and you reek of it :D

You've got me there.

:roll:

correct :lol:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:16 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:From the swans website

I’m in to my seventh decade of following the Swans,

Go Bloods!

Now, come on..... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:17 pm

From the Outer: It can turn quickly

I’m in to my seventh decade of following the Swans, and each year still brings that child-like expectation and hope for the season ahead, though it has been a patchy opening to the year so far. It’s been an underwhelming start on the field with only one win from the four games so far. We need a win. And due to some other commitments this is my first chance to see my boys live, in the flesh.

So, I’m off to the Docklands Stadium on Easter Saturday night to see how we can handle the 2017 Premiers - the Tigers, who despite losing some key players are still one of the competition powerhouses.

Watching South Melbourne play Richmond at the MCG on a Saturday afternoon formed much of my initiation to footy as a child in the `60s and `70s. I can’t remember beating them there too often, if at all. Not any grand memories. Tonight I’m heading in with one of my older brothers, Tony and we are meeting my mate Geoff and his young son Marius. We gather in the unofficially named Adam Goodes Stand (Aisle 37!) – upper level on the eastern wing – a great vantage point. What memories will tonight hold? Good I hope.

It is a milestone night for our 2012 premiership player and former co-captain Kieren Jack who brings up his 250th game. What an achievement for someone from a rugby league background. His courage, speed and hardness at the contest has been a key part of our ongoing success over the last decade, or so. Well done and good luck Kieren.

It’s a lively start with both teams hard at it winning plenty of the ball. However our boys are a bit fumbly, which continually puts them under pressure with few clean entries in to the forward half. The first goal goes to the Tigers courtesy of a turnover from an intercept mark cutting off Lloydy’s outlet pass. Then we finally get some clean ball movement that enables Buddy to break free and run in for an easy goal. Marius high-fives us all. We follow up with another to Parker – high-fives all round. We briefly lead. Though by quarters’ end we have managed to cough it up again a number of times gifting the Tigers an 8 point lead. The stats are pretty even, so our level of effort is good.

The second quarter starts in a promising manner. Sharp kicks from Dawson to Papley to Heeney, resulting in a classy around the body goal from deep in the pocket. Heens is a gem. We are competitive for the first half of the stanza and when Joey Kennedy goals it’s two majors apiece - we are within touch. Then whatever we are trying to do falls apart and we seem to find ways time and time again to hand it back to the Tigers, who are ruthless and efficient in taking every opportunity gifted them. Stop-start play, poor decisions, poor execution – turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover. I’m thinking that we should be sponsored by tech giant Apple and change our name to the “Apple Turnovers”. We go in to half time 6 goals down. This could be a mauling.

Usually I much prefer being at the game than watching on tv as it allows you to see the play unfold and understand the structures and game plans somewhat. Tonight it’s only confirming that we are way off the mark at the moment and that whatever we are attempting is not working. I’m beyond frustrated! I’m thinking of leaving as we have not played this poorly in a long time. I’ve only ever done that once before, I always stay to the end win or lose. However, it would not be a good example for young Marius. I stay and text my other brother, Martin who is on holiday at Balranald. We vent and agree that we need to be more instinctive, get-and-go, more like how the Tigers are playing.

To my relief after the break we continue to be competitive and start to use the ball more cleanly. Lloyd, Cunningham and Dawson are hitting targets off half back while Jones and Florent are providing run through the middle. Two goals to Buddy cut the margin, though we manage to give those goals back by end of quarter.

The last quarter follows a similar pattern we push and goals to Buddy and Paps have us back to within 4 goals. Though we are not playing well enough to get a run on and pull off an epic comeback. Goals to the Tigers snuff out any hopes. Late goals to Reid and Heeney keep the loss to a respectable 22 points.

You could argue that we should have been thumped. We did not play well. The Tigers were very good. Though on the other hand we had plenty of the ball and battled it out – as we always do. We’re a club that sticks at it.

It seems that the experienced players are carrying a big load at the moment. Rampe was outstanding down back again. Sinclair is carrying the ruck with Joey and Parks holding the mids together. Young Rowbottom made a promising debut and Dawson played his best game to date while Jones and Florent continue to provide run.

Sadly Kizza had a poor game. He was not alone, as we have many playing below their best at the moment. He has been written off before, hopefully he still has more to give. And maybe the boys are not so far off too. A lack of confidence and form is killing us at the moment. We have been written off as a team before too, however I’m the eternal optimist. I’ll get over my frustration in a day or two and look forward to the challenges ahead. I like the kids that we are bringing in and the spark we need may be just around the corner. Go Bloods!

@Bum Crack
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Booney wrote:

I’m in to my seventh decade of following the Swans,

Go Bloods!

Now, come on..... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

actually laughed out loud
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:ease up, wins one game in perth and carry's on like a pork chop

Also to be fair, Port are likely to lose Friday to North :lol:

Erm, no. No they’re not.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL