4%
Smithfield
15%
Trinity OS
1%

Total votes : 72

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:12 pm

Chappy wrote:Sadly Blake broke his leg very early in today's game!

Look forward to coming weeks against Hope Valley & Pulteney

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby S Demon » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 am

Hopefully Bedge will finally admit that Pulteney are the team to beat. No more, “look over here rubbish”. ;) Blue baggers red hot favourites at the minute..
Last edited by S Demon on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:24 am

Pre season hype about Smiffies is unfounded. No leg speed. Heavy decks will suit them but won’t be a factor when it’s dry. The current top 3 will fight it out.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Chappy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:41 am

Interestingly Smithfield called for a head count in the last qtr yesterday. Can't be sure but I only counted Kenilworth having 17 on the field at the time, I'm sure it was 18 though. Regardless though, as Kenilworth were having a shot on goal before this was called, there was not penalty for a wrong call. Was unusual to say the least
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:04 am

Kenilworth did only have 2 on the bench, that was because Moser went to Hospital for scans. That’s the only way they could have got that confused I suspect.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:19 am

Chappy wrote:Interestingly Smithfield called for a head count in the last qtr yesterday. Can't be sure but I only counted Kenilworth having 17 on the field at the time, I'm sure it was 18 though. Regardless though, as Kenilworth were having a shot on goal before this was called, there was not penalty for a wrong call. Was unusual to say the least

The rules go along the lines that if the umpire deems it a deliberate act to time waste time then the offending captain is red carded and obviously reported. From what I gather it was confusion from Smithfield which led to the count, no malice intended. Kenilworth was in possession at the time about 55-60 metres from goal and in the clear. There was definitely a 50 metre penalty awarded (didn’t seem 50 though) and that resulted in a Kenilworth goal.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:32 am

S Demon wrote:Hopefully Bedge will finally admit that Pulteney are the team to beat. No more, “look over here rubbish”. ;) Blue baggers red hot favourites at the minute..

Not that I want to appear to be downplaying the Blues chances, but our form guide is misleading - played two lower ranked sides that will have some tough days and knocked off an undermanned Lockleys - Martinello played full forward most of the day as well.

I predicted preseason 3rd would be around where we finished after the minor round, and looking at the KFC and HVFC results think that looks still to be accurate.

Thanks to Lockleys for their hospitality yesterday, always a tough challenge against a proud club and the first two games were beauties! Good luck for the rest of the season zed and the drinks vouchers greatly appreciated.

In closing, Carey reckons it’s a love in on here, should’ve seen the umpires love infatuation with Lockleys yesterday 8) :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:52 am

The Bedge wrote:
S Demon wrote:Hopefully Bedge will finally admit that Pulteney are the team to beat. No more, “look over here rubbish”. ;) Blue baggers red hot favourites at the minute..

Not that I want to appear to be downplaying the Blues chances, but our form guide is misleading - played two lower ranked sides that will have some tough days and knocked off an undermanned Lockleys - Martinello played full forward most of the day as well.

I predicted preseason 3rd would be around where we finished after the minor round, and looking at the KFC and HVFC results think that looks still to be accurate.

Thanks to Lockleys for their hospitality yesterday, always a tough challenge against a proud club and the first two games were beauties! Good luck for the rest of the season zed and the drinks vouchers greatly appreciated.

In closing, Carey reckons it’s a love in on here, should’ve seen the umpires love infatuation with Lockleys yesterday 8) :P

Hope Valley v Kenilworth next week will be an absolute belter. Looks like we are getting some rain this week too so it might slow the track up a little.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:44 pm

How was the unveiling of the new facilities yesterday? Any pics?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:

The above translate to- love, love, love, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss I love you Zed.

You smashed them for Christ sake. Tough challenge my ass
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:How was the unveiling of the new facilities yesterday? Any pics?

Was a great day. 130 for the official luncheon and that was on top of the regular game day traffic. We had a social function on last night also which was very well attended. Smithfield as always supported the club well too.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 am

carey wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

The above translate to- love, love, love, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss I love you Zed.

You smashed them for Christ sake. Tough challenge my ass

yes they smashed us carey but in fairness to bedge that was after 2 1/2 games that were very competitive..6 goals to 3 at half time but 12 goals to 1 goal after it..good to catch up with will and bedge..i have pfc just ahead of valleys as the team to beat..yet to see a couple others though..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:42 am

The Bedge wrote:Vines is poop, should retire, and the beard has to go.

What a response from Josh! :lol: Comes out, slots a lazy 8 and leads Rosies to one of the biggest turnarounds in football history in the space of a week!

Get around Vines, he's back! 8) :D

.. Mean while Scaffidi-Muta keeps kicking more in the B grade than the A grade for the match.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Chappy wrote:Sadly Blake broke his leg very early in today's game!

Look forward to coming weeks against Hope Valley & Pulteney

very sad news to hear
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Bullrider » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:44 pm

[quote="Chappy"]Sadly Blake broke his leg very early in today's game!

Hey Chappy, which Blake ?
Moore or Moser ?
Bullrider
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Moser. Happened in the first after he set up a goal with some freakish stuff in traffic. Hopefully we will see him again this year.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 01, 2019 11:53 am

Match of the Round - HOPE VALLEY SET TO MAKE 'BURRAS FACE THEIR DEMONS
As we head into Round 4, in a division eerily close between most sides, two sides stand out clear above - Hope Valley and Kenilworth. Along with Pulteney, these sides remain the only undefeated sides still this season and aloft the table, two games clear of Eastern Park in 4th position.

This weekend they'll square off, in what is being touted as a possible grand final preview - at the end only one will remain with their perfect record in tact. The scene is set for a blockbuster. 19 degrees, partly cloudy, minimal chance of rain.. ideal conditions for two quality sides to smash it out for 4 quarters.

Hope Valley proved their credentials last weekend, knocking off Eastern Park at the Dwight Reserve - a task difficult to come by in the past for visiting sides - the win setup by Devin Payne who has continued his rich vein of form in the forward half with 5 goals as he relishes the inclusion of quality around him to ease the pressure and spotlight. Big Jayke Hellmans continues to trouble sides - 15 goals in 3 games highlighting his potency.

Garang's backflip on a move to Modbury is paying off for the young athletic ruck, and allows Bollmeyer and Riddle to play other roles, making it an extremely dangerous unit. Sandery, Harney, Williams and young ball hunting mid Jimmy Rentoulis having pivital impacts on games.

They'll get their real test this Saturday though, an opportunity to see exactly how they stack up. Kenilworth for large parts of the 2018 season appeared the most likely to challange CBC for the flag, before falling away late in the year.

Another side full of quality in every line, starting with Liverton forward who has kicked 16 goals in his opening 3 rounds, including two bags of 6.

Add in the brother boy contingent of Wilson-King, Krakouer and Kruse - and now the addition of NT Thunder Team of the Decade ruck/utility Vea Vea and that group just oozes class and x-factor.

Chesser and Zesers doing the extraction work on the inside, have started the season brilliantly, whilst Richter, Ryles and Siemering appear unbeatable.

The class of the 'Burras outfit was on full disaply last week against another finals fancy Smithfield. The panthers - previously undefeated - headed out to St Marys and were swiftly put to the sword, losing by 54 points as Stewart and Moore ran riot, Liverton the benefactor up forward with 6.

Smaller ground at Hope Valley may hinder Kenilworth marginally, and the Dees traditionally play that ground, as expected, better than anyone.

Ryles on Hellmans will be a crucial clash, and i'd expect to see Bollmeyer and Vea Vea cross paths across the half forward/half back line. Sandery vs Chesser, Payne and Krakouer, Williams matching Wilson-King.. important one on one battles all across the ground that'll impact the result.

If you're free Saturday, head out to the Valley, order yourself a Holy Grail Burger, grab a cold one and sit back and enjoy what should be an absolute belter.

Tip: Kenilworth by 13 points
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 pm

Moser must have made a quick recovery! or Kenilworth just put last week team up again.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 am

Demon Juke wrote:Moser must have made a quick recovery! or Kenilworth just put last week team up again.

That ain’t last weeks team. Numerous changes.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Fri May 03, 2019 11:15 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Moser must have made a quick recovery! or Kenilworth just put last week team up again.

That ain’t last weeks team. Numerous changes.

When Demon Juke posted, the Kenilworth team showing on SportsTG was the same 21 as last week which was probably a case of the standard practice of copying over last weeks team before making the necessary changes for next game. This mornings team is changed from what was showing last night but how can Moser still be on the team sheet if he has a broken leg???
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League