wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:35 am

From the Herald Sun

Swans: Longmire 'is up for the fight'
– Jon Ralph

Sydney chairman Andrew Pridham says John Longmire is the man to restore the Swans as a flag contender, declaring “he’s up for the fight”.

Pridham told the Herald Sun that Swans knew exactly where they were at, not officially rebuilding but attempting to rejuvenate the list.

Sydney has already pumped the most games into debutants across the AFL in the past three years, with half of its senior team 24 and under.

But as the Swans have started the season 1-5 there has been even been speculation about whether Longmire is the man for the list transition after nine years at the club.

“The fans wouldn’t have missed the fact we are not going too well, but everyone gets it. We have been consistent and competitive," Pridham said.

“John has got two years on his contract and we all think he is the right man for us. There are no issues there. John is definitely up for the fight. He is as committed a person as I have ever worked with. He is committed, he works very hard and we couldn’t ask for anyone better to be leading our team.”

Longmire is contracted until 2020 and while he would immediately be snapped up by a rival club if he decided to move on he has spoken repeatedly of completing the list transition.

Pridham said not conceding to an official “rebuild” was less important than what was actually happening with the list.

“I think the semantics over what the words are, to me when people talk rebuild we are always building, we are always evolving. To me a rebuild takes you down the path where the whole structure around the footy program needs to be stripped back and changed.

“We are not anywhere near that, we have got stability in the whole footy program and clearly we have got some work to do on the field.”

“If you have a look on Saturday, we had 1600 games of experience last year that was not on the park this year. (Lance) Franklin, (Heath) Grundy, (Nick) Smith, (Jarrad) McVeigh, (Dan) Hannebery, so clearly the list is always evolving.”
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Fri May 03, 2019 11:59 am

woodublieve12 wrote:From the Herald Sun

Swans: Longmire 'is up for the fight'
– Jon Ralph

Sydney chairman Andrew Pridham says John Longmire is the man to restore the Swans as a flag contender, declaring “he’s up for the fight”.

Pridham told the Herald Sun that Swans knew exactly where they were at, not officially rebuilding but attempting to rejuvenate the list.

Sydney has already pumped the most games into debutants across the AFL in the past three years, with half of its senior team 24 and under.

But as the Swans have started the season 1-5 there has been even been speculation about whether Longmire is the man for the list transition after nine years at the club.

“The fans wouldn’t have missed the fact we are not going too well, but everyone gets it. We have been consistent and competitive," Pridham said.

“John has got two years on his contract and we all think he is the right man for us. There are no issues there. John is definitely up for the fight. He is as committed a person as I have ever worked with. He is committed, he works very hard and we couldn’t ask for anyone better to be leading our team.”

Longmire is contracted until 2020 and while he would immediately be snapped up by a rival club if he decided to move on he has spoken repeatedly of completing the list transition.

Pridham said not conceding to an official “rebuild” was less important than what was actually happening with the list.

“I think the semantics over what the words are, to me when people talk rebuild we are always building, we are always evolving. To me a rebuild takes you down the path where the whole structure around the footy program needs to be stripped back and changed.

“We are not anywhere near that, we have got stability in the whole footy program and clearly we have got some work to do on the field.”

“If you have a look on Saturday, we had 1600 games of experience last year that was not on the park this year. (Lance) Franklin, (Heath) Grundy, (Nick) Smith, (Jarrad) McVeigh, (Dan) Hannebery, so clearly the list is always evolving.”

14 of Port's 22 tonight are younger than Jarrod Lienert who is 24 years, 8 months.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:06 am

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon May 06, 2019 11:09 am

Can this thread get deleted now? Wooden Spooners don't deserve their own thread.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:15 am

They are due for a win, wouldn’t surprise me if they turn us over Friday night [emoji17]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:20 am

Bum Crack wrote:Can this thread get deleted now? Wooden Spooners don't deserve their own thread.

nope
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 06, 2019 11:24 am

Bum Crack wrote:Can this thread get deleted now? Wooden Spooners don't deserve their own thread.

Keep it here, we can read about the Bloods culture and how it will turn things around.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:25 am

Booney wrote:

Keep it here, we can read about the Bloods culture and how it will turn things around.

just wait and see... We won't be down here long...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:25 am

Jim05 wrote:They are due for a win, wouldn’t surprise me if they turn us over Friday night [emoji17]

yeah, nah
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon May 06, 2019 11:27 am

For the reserves side, does Sydney use top up players or do they come from the academy?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:42 am

DOC wrote:For the reserves side, does Sydney use top up players or do they come from the academy?

i think they do...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon May 06, 2019 12:13 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I've heard some shit in my time
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

we will finish bottom 6 this year but our time down here won't be long...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 06, 2019 12:28 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Bottom 6?

Essendon (H) North (A) Collingwood (H) Geelong (A) West Coast (H) before the bye.

You might beat North.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 06, 2019 12:45 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Define long?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Bum Crack wrote:I've heard some shit in my time

I bet you've seen some too ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Define long?

1 season
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 06, 2019 1:20 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Define long?

1 season

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you guys have another 3 or 4 years of pain ahead of you, all the players you have built a team around will be retiring over the next few years and there isn't much coming through, you'll need to bottom out to get draft picks to use or use as trade bait.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Define long?

1 season

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you guys have another 3 or 4 years of pain ahead of you, all the players you have built a team around will be retiring over the next few years and there isn't much coming through, you'll need to bottom out to get draft picks to use or use as trade bait.

you joking right???
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL