wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Not sure where to put this, but this side looks awesome (the ones i know in the team). Much better then i thought it would be

Greatest NSW team of all time

B: Chris Lethbridge (Sydney YMCA/Fitzroy), Leo Barry (Deniliquin/Sydney), Ross Henshaw (North Albury/North Melbourne)

HB: Jarryd McVeigh (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Gordon Strang (East Albury/Richmond), Dennis Carroll (Albury Tigers/Sydney)

C: Shane Crawford (Finley/Hawthorn), Lenny Hayes (Pennant Hills/St Kilda), Neil Davies (Central Broken Hill/Glenelg)

HF: Terry Daniher (Ungarie/Essendon), Wayne Carey (North Wagga/North Melbourne), Luke Breust (Temora/Hawthorn)

F: Paul Kelly (Wagga Tigers/Sydney), Bill Mohr (Wagga Tigers/St Kilda), John Longmire (Corowa-Rutherglen/North Melbourne)

R: Bruce McGregor (West Broken Hill/West Adelaide), Brett Kirk (North Albury/Sydney), Haydn Bunton (West Albury/Fitzroy)

I/C: Mark Maclure (East Sydney/Carlton), Isaac Smith (Wagga Tigers/Hawthorn), Kieren Jack (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Tom Hawkins (Finley/Geelong)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Hiding it in here is just fine mate, it goes well with the rest of the decor.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hiding it in here is just fine mate, it goes well with the rest of the decor.

i thought so...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mots02 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:55 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Not sure where to put this, but this side looks awesome (the ones i know in the team). Much better then i thought it would be

B: Chris Lethbridge (Sydney YMCA/Fitzroy), Leo Barry (Deniliquin/Sydney), Ross Henshaw (North Albury/North Melbourne)

HB: Jarryd McVeigh (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Gordon Strang (East Albury/Richmond), Dennis Carroll (Albury Tigers/Sydney)

C: Shane Crawford (Finley/Hawthorn), Lenny Hayes (Pennant Hills/St Kilda), Neil Davies (Central Broken Hill/Glenelg)

HF: Terry Daniher (Ungarie/Essendon), Wayne Carey (North Wagga/North Melbourne), Luke Breust (Temora/Hawthorn)

F: Paul Kelly (Wagga Tigers/Sydney), Bill Mohr (Wagga Tigers/St Kilda), John Longmire (Corowa-Rutherglen/North Melbourne)

R: Bruce McGregor (West Broken Hill/West Adelaide), Brett Kirk (North Albury/Sydney), Haydn Bunton (West Albury/Fitzroy)

I/C: Mark Maclure (East Sydney/Carlton), Isaac Smith (Wagga Tigers/Hawthorn), Kieren Jack (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Tom Hawkins (Finley/Geelong)

I don't know enough of the credentials of the others in defence in this side but they must be pretty good to keep Broken Hill and Sturt's Colin Casey out of one of the defensive spots.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby MW » Thu May 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Strange place to put it in a South Melbourne thread
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby RB » Thu May 09, 2019 5:31 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Not sure where to put this, but this side looks awesome (the ones i know in the team). Much better then i thought it would be

Great forward line. Brownless a little unlucky not to make the bench at least.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 09, 2019 5:39 pm

No Tex?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 pm

These are good players
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 09, 2019 7:28 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:These are good players

I set you up and that’s the best you could do? Disappointed
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:These are good players

I set you up and that’s the best you could do? Disappointed

I am tired. And have two kids hanging off me. It’s what it is ;)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:51 pm

Tippett finally retires and is off our books, which open a space for the mid season draft
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu May 09, 2019 11:04 pm

Have heard that you have parted company with your very last recruit, Haydn Mclean. Not confirmed though.

Any news? We could do with him if you have.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:06 pm

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/sydney/isaac-heeney-says-sydney-has-moved-away-from-swans-footy-but-can-resurrect-its-ailing-season/news-story/a0fcfeebac0424cfa897deb667799e07?fbclid=IwAR094B3g62dGDlXTwfQ4oG4gP-quh7H24nvKnCFiH4GKaEFY_iYAKyGGu6E

Paywall.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Isaac Heeney says Sydney has moved away from ‘Swans footy’ but can resurrect its ailing season

For Isaac Heeney, it’s the reassuringly familiar in an unfamiliar season for Sydney.

When Sydney’s young star runs out to warm-up for Friday’s crucial clash against Essendon, he will wait for the same sound he’s been hearing since he started playing soccer as a six-year-old.

It’s the piercing whistle of his mum, Rochelle, perfected on the family farm in Stockrington, 25km west of Newcastle, where Heeney and older brother Beau were raised.

“It’s a little embarrassing because mum and dad sit in the same seat every week and her excuse is that it’s so I know where they’re sitting,” Heeney says.

“I actually think she just wants a little wave and I do cop that from the lads pretty hard.

“She’s got a monster whistle on her.”

It’s also a monster game if a suddenly vulnerable Sydney are going to salvage anything from this campaign.

For a bloke who arrived at the club as an academy prodigy and played in the 2016 grand final in only his second season, the Swans’ 1-6 start to the season has hit Heeney as hard as anyone.

While coach John Longmire put the Swans’ youth on the agenda over summer and injuries to a swag of veteran players has exposed an inexperienced underbelly, Heeney admitted he’s been shocked by the drop off.

“Yeah I have, definitely, because I thought we’d had a really good pre-season,” Heeney says.

“But then you look at the footage that ‘Horse’ (Longmire) shows from games and it’s not Swans footy. It’s understandable why we’re losing.

Isaac Heeney celebrates a goal this season for Sydney. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images.
“Obviously we need to turn the season around and all the boys are certainly ready to jump on board and get our second win of the season.

“It hasn’t been the greatest of starts, but we feel as though we’ve knuckled down and finding the specific reasons as to why we’ve gone wrong, we’re improving those and we had a good week on the track.”

An ongoing ankle problem that started in the pre-season and a hip injury he copped in Round 4 have somewhat diluted Heeney’s brilliance.

There have been flashes, however, including a spectacular hanger in Round 1 against the Western Bulldogs — a grab that could see him take back-to-back mark of the year crowns.

“I’ve always loved flying for marks,” Heeney says.

Asked what gives him the most joy, he says: “It’s a good question. I think hangers get more publicity, but sometimes they can hurt, which is never great.

Isaac Heeney pulls down a hanger in the opening minutes against Western Bulldogs. Picture: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images.
“Making a big tackle gets me up and about and other lads, too. But a good goal you can celebrate with the lads afterwards, which is probably the best feeling there is.”

It’s a feeling Heeney plans on experience for many more years at the SCG.

He turned down rival approaches to sign a five-year contract extension in 2016 and he remains tied to the Swans until the end of 2022.

Despite playing in an era of greater player movement than ever before, Heeney doesn’t see his future lying anywhere else.

The good times may have momentarily passed, but he remains committed and determined to engineer there return.

“I was extremely fortunate to slip into a club that was so successful and has been for so long. I was very lucky to play in a Grand Final in my second year,” he said.

Isaac Heeney jostles with Dustin Martin earlier this season. Picture: Michael Klein.
“Obviously it’s a bit of a lull at the moment and I understand clubs go through that and we’re trying to snap out of that.

“I’ll stick by the Swans. I’d love to be a one-club player and I just hope we can make this lull as small as possible and that we can turn it all around as quickly as possible.”
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Spargo wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/sydney/isaac-heeney-says-sydney-has-moved-away-from-swans-footy-but-can-resurrect-its-ailing-season/news-story/a0fcfeebac0424cfa897deb667799e07?fbclid=IwAR094B3g62dGDlXTwfQ4oG4gP-quh7H24nvKnCFiH4GKaEFY_iYAKyGGu6E

Paywall.

You asked :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Menzel kicked 3 in the reserves.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Tippett finally retires and is off our books, which open a space for the mid season draft

Bring on Josh jenkins ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm

locky801 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Tippett finally retires and is off our books, which open a space for the mid season draft

Bring on Josh jenkins ;)

Get ******
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby stan » Sat May 11, 2019 11:51 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Bring on Josh jenkins ;)

Get ******
Reckon your ok. It's wishful thinking by the crows that they will be able to off load him. Also he's apparently going to a Vic team.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL