11%
St Peters OC
13%
Tea Tree Gully
9%

Total votes : 54

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Postby marbles » Sat May 11, 2019 11:00 am

Remember to head on down to Henley oval today Sharks vs Blacks Division 1 footy 2:15pm start

BBQ, canteen, bar, huge oval to take the dogs for a walk, playground for the kids, car parking around the oval* :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby LMA » Sat May 11, 2019 11:33 am

Can you remind me at 5pm
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat May 11, 2019 12:16 pm

marbles wrote:Remember to head on down to Henley oval today Sharks vs Blacks Division 1 footy 2:15pm start

BBQ, canteen, bar, huge oval to take the dogs for a walk, playground for the kids, car parking around the oval* :D

Should be a very competitive contest. Good chance for the Sharks to break their duck, but they need to clean up their ball use.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby jo172 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:53 pm

PNU over Brighton by 11 goals.

Tighter game than scoreboard suggests.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat May 11, 2019 5:55 pm

SPOC 10.9 d TTG 8.11
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby marbles » Sat May 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
marbles wrote:Remember to head on down to Henley oval today Sharks vs Blacks Division 1 footy 2:15pm start

Should be a very competitive contest. Good chance for the Sharks to break their duck, but they need to clean up their ball use.

Henley!! Sharks strike victory!

Interesting scoreline... 3 goals down quarter time held uni goalless in 2nd quarter to be equal at halftime

Then same again at 3 quarter time henley were 3 goals down after no goals themselves, held uni goal less again in the last quarter to win the game with 3 last quarter goals \:D/
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 pm

So yesterday in the Div1R game between Goodies and PAOC the league decided to appoint an inclusive umpire. Not sure everyone’s thoughts but both teams were getting some interesting decisions by the umpire. The one that stood out was a Goodies player took a mark it wasn’t paid then the PAOC player touched the Goodies player and the umpire called HTB. I’m all for what the league is doing but if he umpires lower his safety would be in question because what he was doing was calling really bad decisions and players and supporters were getting really frustrated.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby oldman » Sun May 12, 2019 9:30 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:So yesterday in the Div1R game between Goodies and PAOC the league decided to appoint an inclusive umpire. Not sure everyone’s thoughts but both teams were getting some interesting decisions by the umpire. The one that stood out was a Goodies player took a mark it wasn’t paid then the PAOC player touched the Goodies player and the umpire called HTB. I’m all for what the league is doing but if he umpires lower his safety would be in question because what he was doing was calling really bad decisions and players and supporters were getting really frustrated.

Could you please explain "inclusive" umpire? I have seen a couple of games this year and feel the umpiring has been pretty good. I think we forget quickly how difficult umpiring is there are always going to be decisions made that we don't agree with but overall the game seems to be flowing better which in time should lead to less decisions needing to be made.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby LovesHisFooty » Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Last edited by LovesHisFooty on Mon May 13, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LovesHisFooty
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Trader » Sun May 12, 2019 10:54 pm

oldman wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:So yesterday in the Div1R game between Goodies and PAOC the league decided to appoint an inclusive umpire. Not sure everyone’s thoughts but both teams were getting some interesting decisions by the umpire. The one that stood out was a Goodies player took a mark it wasn’t paid then the PAOC player touched the Goodies player and the umpire called HTB. I’m all for what the league is doing but if he umpires lower his safety would be in question because what he was doing was calling really bad decisions and players and supporters were getting really frustrated.

Could you please explain "inclusive" umpire? I have seen a couple of games this year and feel the umpiring has been pretty good. I think we forget quickly how difficult umpiring is there are always going to be decisions made that we don't agree with but overall the game seems to be flowing better which in time should lead to less decisions needing to be made.

Apparently there were 71 free kicks paid in that game. When you consider its a flat 22 mins per quarter, its basically a free kick every minute the ball is in play.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:20 am

Trader wrote:
oldman wrote:

Apparently there were 71 free kicks paid in that game. When you consider its a flat 22 mins per quarter, its basically a free kick every minute the ball is in play.

That's actually kind of amazing.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 am

I think I know who he's talking about - we had him in rd 2 in the ressies... a little bit over-board and the other ump had to jump in at times.

Good on him for having a go, but perhaps a little whistle happy for the higher grades.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 am

Trader wrote:

Jesus, I've got halfway through the 2nd quarter of a game and thought "shit, you haven't paid a free yet".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I think I know who he's talking about - we had him in rd 2 in the ressies... a little bit over-board and the other ump had to jump in at times.

Good on him for having a go, but perhaps a little whistle happy for the higher grades.

yes good on him but i think because the league has stamped down on the HTB once he saw any kind of touch on a player he just called HTB. I did laugh at alot of his calls. Im just glad i wasnt involved in the game.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

Jesus, I've got halfway through the 2nd quarter of a game and thought "shit, you haven't paid a free yet".

Good umpiring............
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Is the 2019 HTB interpretation frustrating everyone as much as me? I thought we were going to get a 90 to 180 degree shift from what we were getting in the last couple of years but it seems we have gone a complete 360 degrees and ended up with an interpretation that is even harsher than the AFL.

We've gone from players being given too much prior opportunity to virtually none, and some of the so called "dragging the ball back ins" and "not making enough effort to release the ball" has been too severe on the player who has shown the most intent and courage to take possession of the loose ball in the first place. I will at least admit the umpires are applying things fairly consistently from week to week but it is far too much of a change from one season to the next in my opinion.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Good umpiring............

No one stuffed up enough I guess.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Mon May 13, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Is the 2019 HTB interpretation frustrating everyone as much as me? I thought we were going to get a 90 to 180 degree shift from what we were getting in the last couple of years but it seems we have gone a complete 360 degrees and ended up with an interpretation that is even harsher than the AFL.

We've gone from players being given too much prior opportunity to virtually none, and some of the so called "dragging the ball back ins" and "not making enough effort to release the ball" has been too severe on the player who has shown the most intent and courage to take possession of the loose ball in the first place. I will at least admit the umpires are applying things fairly consistently from week to week but it is far too much of a change from one season to the next in my opinion.

A 360 degree shift would have us finishing where we started :p

I'm an unashamed huge fan of the new interpretation. Much better game on the eye.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby CCC Romans » Mon May 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Is the 2019 HTB interpretation frustrating everyone as much as me? I thought we were going to get a 90 to 180 degree shift from what we were getting in the last couple of years but it seems we have gone a complete 360 degrees and ended up with an interpretation that is even harsher than the AFL.

Generally speaking, I haven't had an issue with many of the HTB decisions I've seen this season.

It's amateur football with amateur umpires so I accept the occasional inconsistency.

Last season the application of HTB bordered on infuriating.
CCC Romans
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Legit last year saw a bloke get chased down after three bounces, arms pinned in the tackle, ball didn't come out.

Umpire called a ball up.

There was a pathological determination not to pay them. It was leading to more dangerous tackles too.
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League