AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

Postby Booney » Tue May 14, 2019 12:02 pm

David Brent wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Who got it and who got ripped off?
I think Myers from Geelong got it?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yep, Miers got it.

Who were you thinking DB? Bolton or Stack?

Bolton- 4 goals, 16 disposals, 7 tackles, 9 score involvements & 6 Coaches Votes as above.

Miers- 1 goal, 22 Disposals, 2 tackles, 7 score involvements & 0 coaches votes.

I get that Miers has had the better season but last week they rewarded Zurhaar for his one off out standing game then the next week they reward consistency over a stand out game. That's more my point I'm trying to make (as well as trying to get a tiger recognised.)

...and his name is Gryan.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Heppell must be loving it, without Rampe all the attention would be on him after being big smiles after losing a season defining match.

Heppell had his back to the camera as he approached Myers. Who knows, he may have said something like "told ya ya weren't ******* Malcolm Blight", turned around, had a smile on his face for a second, and that's were most of the vision stopped. The one time I did see it rolled on, the smile disappeared pretty quickly.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm

The Ablett one was worse this week as he went front on into the North player well after the ball had left, just unbelievable he didn't at least have a case to answer.

As for Durdin, he busted his gut to protect his teammate with a good sheperd/block which his coach would have demanded and loved and gets a week for a football accident, if he goes soft at that contest he doesn't get a game next week, the kids must be very confused.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm

David Brent wrote:
Bolton- 4 goals, 16 disposals, 7 tackles, 9 score involvements & 6 Coaches Votes as above.

Miers- 1 goal, 22 Disposals, 2 tackles, 7 score involvements & 0 coaches votes.

I get that Miers has had the better season but last week they rewarded Zurhaar for his one off out standing game then the next week they reward consistency over a stand out game. That's more my point I'm trying to make (as well as trying to get a tiger recognised.)

I get your point for sure, perhaps they have more confidence in Bolton reproducing his efforts than they do with Miers, or as you said, he was just due on the back of some decent games.

Maybe they needed to be submitted by 6pm Sunday?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue May 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Miers had a better game the week before and didn't get the nod. Its well deserved.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby David Brent » Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Miers had a better game the week before and didn't get the nod. Its well deserved.

I agree its deserved, he's been good. My point is more around the circumstances changing each week.

I actually think they should announce the best 22 Rising Stars at the end of the year & judge them over the whole season, then the winner is voted from there.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:The Ablett one was worse this week as he went front on into the North player well after the ball had left, just unbelievable he didn't at least have a case to answer.

As for Durdin, he busted his gut to protect his teammate with a good sheperd/block which his coach would have demanded and loved and gets a week for a football accident, if he goes soft at that contest he doesn't get a game next week, the kids must be very confused.
Could not agree more.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Attachments
24F691BA-E0A7-4ECE-9C0B-47998424D84D.jpeg
24F691BA-E0A7-4ECE-9C0B-47998424D84D.jpeg (175.78 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Jase » Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Are the Roos appealing this?
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby mots02 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:.

Gaz reminds me of this.

''I'm just going to go around elbowing air, if you get hit, its you're own fault"

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Jase wrote:Are the Roos appealing this?

No, when almost everything is based on the medical report you are stuffed.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue May 14, 2019 1:48 pm

David Brent wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Miers had a better game the week before and didn't get the nod. Its well deserved.

I agree its deserved, he's been good. My point is more around the circumstances changing each week.

I actually think they should announce the best 22 Rising Stars at the end of the year & judge them over the whole season, then the winner is voted from there.

NAB don't get their weekly plug doing it your way.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Campbell Brown.........................enough said.

None of the three should've got games, Durdin was doing what we're taught to do as kids, it was just unfortunate that Rohan was off balance at the time, that is why he was injured.

You can understand why they take the injury an act causes into affect, but unless it was a dirty act you've gotta accept that accidents do happen.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm

The problem with only taking the resulting injury/impact into non-football acts though is that it will take a Lockett - Caven type incident for people to realise it's not on. At the moment everyone knows they can get away with elbowing someone in the face and just copping a fine. Wouldn't have taken much for Fyfe's elbow to hit his temple and he'd be knocked out. Why is the fact he gets knocked out the main reason he misses a game? Stop people before someone gets injured not after.

Intent needs to be weighted more than injury when it is non-football acts.

If Ablett and Fyfe get to play this week then their is no way Durdin shouldn't.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Campbell Brown.........................enough said.

None of the three should've got games, Durdin was doing what we're taught to do as kids, it was just unfortunate that Rohan was off balance at the time, that is why he was injured.

You can understand why they take the injury an act causes into affect, but unless it was a dirty act you've gotta accept that accidents do happen.

I can accept Abletts first incident. Even though I think he was lucky imo. His second one was a disgrace that he didn’t get a game. Changed direction, left the ground and made contact to the head. Maybe not heaps forceful, but his actions alone deserves a week. Gaz actions were dirty.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Rampe has been fined $10,000 by the AFL after telling Mollison he "talks like a little girl", having conceded a holding the ball free kick during the second quarter.

Source: AFL
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 14, 2019 4:19 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Rampe has been fined $10,000 by the AFL after telling Mollison he "talks like a little girl", having conceded a holding the ball free kick during the second quarter.

It's like the AFL have admitted the umpire got it wrong.....

SYDNEY co-captain Dane Rampe has been fined for his controversial comments towards umpire Jacob Mollison during Friday night's narrow win over Essendon.

Rampe has been fined $10,000 by the AFL after telling Mollison he "talks like a little girl", having conceded a holding the ball free kick during the second quarter.

The AFL confirmed that $5000 of that fine will be suspended for the entirety of his career.

Rampe has also been hit with a fully suspended $1000 fine from the League for scaling the goalpost while Essendon's David Myers took a kick for goal after the siren to win the game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Rampe has been fined $10,000 by the AFL after telling Mollison he "talks like a little girl", having conceded a holding the ball free kick during the second quarter.

SYDNEY co-captain Dane Rampe has been fined for his controversial comments towards umpire Jacob Mollison during Friday night's narrow win over Essendon.

The AFL confirmed that $5000 of that fine will be suspended for the entirety of his career.

Rampe has also been hit with a fully suspended $1000 fine from the League for scaling the goalpost while Essendon's David Myers took a kick for goal after the siren to win the game.

Ablett should be fined 20K next week if the AFL are going to admit they are wrong. Ridiculous fine
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Ablett should be fined 20K next week if the AFL are going to admit they are wrong. Ridiculous fine

If the umpire did what he should’ve & paid the free, we wouldn’t have arrived here & he wouldn’t have copped the “fully suspended $1000 fine “.
That’s what’s ridiculous.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:57 pm

And he still copped a fine for it
Attachments
632AB169-F5C3-4251-A574-EDDDA16B8B62.jpeg
632AB169-F5C3-4251-A574-EDDDA16B8B62.jpeg (101.91 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL