8%
West Croydon
19%

Total votes : 53

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:
Dutchy wrote:In almost all country leagues I know alcohol is not allowed to be brought into the ground, is this different for ADFL? That might be a starting point.

It is the same for all clubs (licensed areas etc.), but how do you police that?

You are pretty much powerless to evict someone from a public reserve even if they aren’t adhering to the liquor licensing law, if they’re on the other side of the ground with their own esky it’s impossible to govern.

Clubs may not want to but do you think clubs would have the ability in consultations with their Councils to designate 'dry areas' between certain hours which in this case would be home games so the clubs/council/police would have the ability to act.

Im sure Councils would be on side with any reduction in this type of behaviour.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:05 pm

whufc wrote:
Clubs may not want to but do you think clubs would have the ability in consultations with their Councils to designate 'dry areas' between certain hours which in this case would be home games so the clubs/council/police would have the ability to act.

I'll use Smithfield Oval as an example, if a bloke goes and sits on the Eastern side of the oval and walks to the pub drive-thru to buy beers (which is closer than the club bar), what can the club actually do about it until he's had enough to be a nuisance? The cops will do nothing, it is not legally a "dry-zone" and he is not breaking the law, where is the imaginary line where he must buy alcohol from the club?
It is different to other grounds that are fenced and only one entry point, Joe Bloggs can park on the side of Main North Road and watch from there.
As for the council, they are a toothless tiger on weekends.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'll use Smithfield Oval as an example, if a bloke goes and sits on the Eastern side of the oval and walks to the pub drive-thru to buy beers (which is closer than the club bar), what can the club actually do about it until he's had enough to be a nuisance? The cops will do nothing, it is not legally a "dry-zone" and he is not breaking the law, where is the imaginary line where he must buy alcohol from the club?
It is different to other grounds that are fenced and only one entry point, Joe Bloggs can park on the side of Main North Road and watch from there.
As for the council, they are a toothless tiger on weekends.

I get it mate, I just fear that all that is going to happen unless there is drastic change is we are going to see more northern suburb clubs kicked out the comp which will lead to more kids in the north with no sports clubs to be involved in and likely leading to them hanging out in the streets getting in trouble.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:07 pm

LovesHisFooty wrote:
whufc wrote:I think it’s a very interesting social experiment, you just don’t read or see these types of incidents happening very often if at all in the country leagues around the state.

Not quite a country league but I can think of at least three massive crowd brawls in the SFL that I personally saw (granted I stopped playing down their 15 years ago). The GF had to be permanently moved to South Adelaide's oval to help stop the crap that was happening in the crowd on GF day.

The ADFL is huge compared to the country/outer metro leagues.

The last mentioned SFL GF crowd brawl is the biggest fight I have ever seen, anywhere! How people were not seriously injured or killed still to this day blows my mind.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LovesHisFooty » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:14 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
LovesHisFooty wrote:
whufc wrote:I think it’s a very interesting social experiment, you just don’t read or see these types of incidents happening very often if at all in the country leagues around the state.

Not quite a country league but I can think of at least three massive crowd brawls in the SFL that I personally saw (granted I stopped playing down their 15 years ago). The GF had to be permanently moved to South Adelaide's oval to help stop the crap that was happening in the crowd on GF day.

The ADFL is huge compared to the country/outer metro leagues.

The last mentioned SFL GF crowd brawl is the biggest fight I have ever seen, anywhere! How people were not seriously injured or killed still to this day blows my mind.

Which one?? I can think of two at Porties and one at South. But I haven't been to a GF for nearly 10 years.

I also remember a doozie at Sullies. We were playing under lights and just watching the crowd (Sullies v Sullies) punch on. There was a woman holding a baby in one arm whacking blokes with the other arm.
LovesHisFooty
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:16 pm

2002 from memory Valleys v Noarlunga. Match stopped for 15-20 minutes at least as the fight spilt out on to the ground. Remember seeing a bloke unconscious on the ground and seeing a woman taking a run up to kick the head off his shoulders. One bloke next to us was sinking piss, casually walks down to the carnage and 10 mins later he walks back absolutely covered in blood and then just continues drinking like nothing had happened. To say there were 200 people involved in it would be a safe figure.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:13 pm

The HV v Noarlunga GF was 2003 LK. The last SFL GF played at Porties was the following year. MV defeated Brighton in the A grade and they had more crowd brawling that day - mostly lads from other clubs that had played in the B grade and U18 GF's. This prompted the SFL to move the GF to SAFC from 2005 to present.

Dutchy, you surprise me with your distinct lack of knowledge of AdFL grounds compared to SFL/Country grounds. Many are not fenced or enclosed grounds hence why there is no gate charge even if clubs or the league wanted to charge at the gate. We were at Henley yesterday and there is a skate park about 40 metres from the oval proper and a Little Athletics Track Club and oval just as close and all part of the same complex. And are you trying to tell me that the crew that assemble on the outer side of Flaggies Oval (and have the fire going on cold days) don't bring in their own grogs.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Down the Hill wrote:The HV v Noarlunga GF was 2003 LK. The last SFL GF played at Porties was the following year. MV defeated Brighton in the A grade and they had more crowd brawling that day - mostly lads from other clubs that had played in the B grade and U18 GF's. This prompted the SFL to move the GF to SAFC from 2005 to present.

Dutchy, you surprise me with your distinct lack of knowledge of AdFL grounds compared to SFL/Country grounds. Many are not fenced or enclosed grounds hence why there is no gate charge even if clubs or the league wanted to charge at the gate. We were at Henley yesterday and there is a skate park about 40 metres from the oval proper and a Little Athletics Track Club and oval just as close and all part of the same complex. And are you trying to tell me that the crew that assemble on the outer side of Flaggies Oval (and have the fire going on cold days) don't bring in their own grogs.

I know and have played on plenty of AdFL grounds, never said clubs should charge, but there are ways of monitoring it if the clubs/AdFL wanted to get serious about it, even if you play in the parklands

Never seen any grog on that outer side ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:29 pm

If Dutchy wasn't Admin we would've banned him from the AdFL threads long ago. 8) :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:44 pm

In my opinion the AdFL and the clubs are serious about it but the local demographic makes it very challenging at some venues. Big crowd at Henley yesterday and can't recall hearing a word in anger between opposing spectators let alone any violence. Then again, our Match Day Official is a fine upstanding citizen who commands respect once he dons the orange vest ;)
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 pm

Down the Hill wrote:In my opinion the AdFL and the clubs are serious about it but the local demographic makes it very challenging at some venues. Big crowd at Henley yesterday and can't recall hearing a word in anger between opposing spectators let alone any violence. Then again, our Match Day Official is a fine upstanding citizen who commands respect once he dons the orange vest ;)

I heard a strong whisper that you’re going to be at Kenilworth tomorrow DTH? The lure of potentially getting a smile from Schulzy was the sealer!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Arch coming out of coaching retirement?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 08, 2019 9:35 am

The Bedge wrote:Arch coming out of coaching retirement?

:lol:

Doubtful - but to be fair, the guy DID have massive shoes to fill :lol:

I think whats his name is now coaching both grades
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 am

They should’ve given Jason Widdison the job end of last year.

Increased work load for Bassani now, hope he’s got support in place.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 am

The Bedge wrote:They should’ve given Jason Widdison the job end of last year.

Increased work load for Bassani now, hope he’s got support in place.

Couldn’t agree more with Widdison, would have been an easy transition and at the same time a young coach willing to learn.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Heard there was a king hit in the Marion WC reserves game? Bit risky by the WC player when the club is on AAA agreement
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 19, 2019 5:34 pm

mighty hounds wrote:Heard there was a king hit in the Marion WC reserves game?

Making a statement or asking a question?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby OnBaller » Sun May 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Someone get asada down to Marion an get some piss from their agrade ruckman no.6
OnBaller
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun May 19, 2019 6:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Heard there was a king hit in the Marion WC reserves game?

Making a statement or asking a question?

Bit of both Bedge :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 19, 2019 6:24 pm

OnBaller wrote:Someone get asada down to Marion an get some piss from their agrade ruckman no.6

Not nicknamed “Hulk” for no reason :lol:

I swear few years back when he was at Mitchell Park he marked a ball I heard the air squeezed out lol
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League