Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Q. wrote:None of this is accurate and is unfair commentary on the young lad

Don’t shoot the messenger, just word ‘round town.. won’t go into details on here coz that’s certainly not fair on the young lad.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Demon Juke » Sun May 19, 2019 10:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Yeah but in fairness (and without disrespect) that C grade side would touch up most, if not all D7 A grade sides

Without disrespect.. that’s a bloody dumb comment.

Yes HV C grade prob better than a lot of other D7A sides, but he’s not playing AGAINST that quality.. he’s playing against some genuine low grade C grade sides.

In no way you spin it is he bettering himself, he’s just another hero looking for low grade glory and joining a side that really didn’t need him.

Interesting though, my mail is hhs didn’t leave Houghton anyway.. he was moved on - word was “attitude was cancerous” - no matter how good you are, no club should deal with that.

Good riddance to bad rubbish Raiders fans saying.

Cut straight to the point and facts he didn't see eye to eye with coach, he won't be the first and won't be the last. This happens at all clubs. If he wanted to win a flag he could stayed at Houghton you would think - A & B in the Top 2. He left Hope Valley to play A Grade, which he was doing and was Houghton leading Goal Kicker last year in the A grade. This is Houghton loss if they couldn't convince him stay and a Hope Valley gain what ever grade he plays as all the 3 grades are looking good and he is gets to play with family again. He is good club/team person, so believe what you like.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Q. » Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Yeah but in fairness (and without disrespect) that C grade side would touch up most, if not all D7 A grade sides

Yes HV C grade prob better than a lot of other D7A sides, but he’s not playing AGAINST that quality.. he’s playing against some genuine low grade C grade sides.

In no way you spin it is he bettering himself, he’s just another hero looking for low grade glory and joining a side that really didn’t need him.

Interesting though, my mail is hhs didn’t leave Houghton anyway.. he was moved on - word was “attitude was cancerous” - no matter how good you are, no club should deal with that.

Cut straight to the point and facts he didn't see eye to eye with coach, he won't be the first and won't be the last. This happens at all clubs. If he wanted to win a flag he could stayed at Houghton you would think - A & B in the Top 2. He left Hope Valley to play A Grade, which he was doing and was Houghton leading Goal Kicker last year in the A grade. This is Houghton loss if they couldn't convince him stay and a Hope Valley gain what ever grade he plays as all the 3 grades are looking good and he is gets to play with family again. He is good club/team person, so believe what you like.
Spot on. He's a great lad and would be welcome back at the club any time.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby valleys07 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:12 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Another hero. And you want to call out stupid comments.

Bedge. Know the lad, know the family. I know little of the culture at Houghton, so I wouldn't dare mix gossip with fact. I do know the Anderson family extremely well. The bond the boys have is one that I am envious of as an only child, and they are dear friends of mine who were the first to check in when my life was at its lowest.

As far as this season is concerned- he would know he isnt bettering himself, and there is little doubt in my mind he could play higher at HV and may very well do so in the coming seasons. In what is looking like his oldest brothers last year of footy, the lure to play some games with both of his brothers and potentially win a flag with them, is an opportunity too close to his heart to pass up. An opportunity that every footballer should have the freedom to pursue, should it make them happy.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 am

Alright maybe hero was a bad choice of words haha.. but you get what I mean
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey Q, how's Sam Brander going out there with you guys?

You can tell he has great goal sense, just needs to find a bit more of the footy, which will come as he gets fitter and improves workrate.

Yeah, loves a goal, loves a celebration, doesn't mind a bit of a yak too, Houghton would be a good place for him to curb his enthusiasm and concentrate on the game and less of other bullshit, can play.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby eric » Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey Q, how's Sam Brander going out there with you guys?

You can tell he has great goal sense, just needs to find a bit more of the footy, which will come as he gets fitter and improves workrate.

Yeah, loves a goal, loves a celebration, doesn't mind a bit of a yak too, Houghton would be a good place for him to curb his enthusiasm and concentrate on the game and less of other bullshit, can play.

Young Sam is a good kid who can clearly play. I look forward to him playing some A grade football once he gets accustomed to the rigours of senior football.. His older brother is with us as well and is also finding his feet at senior level..

To put things in perspective with the Loky Anderson situation I think Loky would be the first to admit that his last few weeks at Houghton weren’t what one would expect from an A grade footballer. Without going into detail the way he left us probably could have been handled in a better way given the actions of the player the week prior where he was spoken to by the leadership group for an indiscretion which led to him missing a game (not a punishment) due to his own doing and then playing the week after where his body language and demeanour on game day left a lot of the players asking questions afterwards. I like the kid so for people to surmise it was a clash between the coach and player which has led to this is also imo untrue. I have played football and won Premierships with my brother so I wish him all the best in his endeavours at HV
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 20, 2019 1:16 pm

I had no ulterior motive to my question, I've umpired Sam for the last couple of years and when I seen that he had gone out to Houghton I thought it would be a good move for him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm

We haven't had this good intra-club bloodletting on safooty since the Ovingham days!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Make safooty great again.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby eric » Mon May 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I had no ulterior motive to my question, I've umpired Sam for the last couple of years and when I seen that he had gone out to Houghton I thought it would be a good move for him.

All good. Just giving you some feedback on your question.
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 20, 2019 2:14 pm

i am still learning all the new faces up at Houghton i learnt the forward line names first of course rest will be just called Mate for now
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:rest will be just called Mate for now

Shame they dont reciprocate 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 20, 2019 2:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:rest will be just called Mate for now

Shame they dont reciprocate 8)

lol i walked into that
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Sun May 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Another close fought win for our A's, sitting nicely in second place after playing everybody once.

Why were Adelaide Lutheran incapable of putting our teams' results in?
Q.
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 26, 2019 1:44 pm

2 weeks ago, @The Informer asked me to change his username back to The Informer, from 20 zip.

He hasn't won a game since.

Just sayin' ;) 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

Is it top 4 or 5 in this Div this year?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue May 28, 2019 1:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:Is it top 4 or 5 in this Div this year?

As I understand it, a top 5, but:

At the end of Round 14:

- the top four is set, but play each other during Round 15-17 to determine final position in top 4
- the bottom four is set, and play each other during Round 15-17 to determine who finishes 5th

This is based on where the A-grade side finishes. So we may have an interesting anomaly where Lutheran A-grade finishes 5th at R14 and their B-grade is top (and get to play the bottom sides in D7R).
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed May 29, 2019 6:45 pm

Q. wrote:

At the end of Round 14:

- the top four is set, but play each other during Round 15-17 to determine final position in top 4
- the bottom four is set, and play each other during Round 15-17 to determine who finishes 5th

This is based on where the A-grade side finishes. So we may have an interesting anomaly where Lutheran A-grade finishes 5th at R14 and their B-grade is top (and get to play the bottom sides in D7R).

What if say by the end of the season the 3rd rank team ends up 6th on ladder by seasons end

Or

Say the 6th placed team ends up 3rd on the ladder by seasons end
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Wed May 29, 2019 6:46 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

At the end of Round 14:

What if say by the end of the season the 3rd rank team ends up 6th on ladder by seasons end

Or

Say the 6th placed team ends up 3rd on the ladder by seasons end

The top 4 is set at end of Round 14, they can't finish outside the top 4 at end of Round 17.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League