Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby nuggety goodness » Sun May 19, 2019 3:10 pm

UK Fan wrote: I'm a clown :-)

;-)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby stan » Sun May 19, 2019 3:47 pm

UK Fan wrote:What a crowd :-)
Honestly would you pay to go and watch that lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 20, 2019 10:08 am

You are the only one that gives a toss. Give it up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 20, 2019 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

You are the only one that gives a toss. Give it up.

I disagree there was plenty of discussion about the expected crowd pregame in the round 9 thread LM.

Power Crowds are only to get less and less so it would be silly to stop now.

Here is an interesting stat Yesterday was the Lowest crowd for an afl game since moving to Adelaide Oval.

And it’s only May. :-(
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 am

UK Fan wrote:
I disagree there was plenty of discussion about the expected crowd pregame in the round 9 thread LM.

Power Crowds are only to get less and less so it would be silly to stop now.

Here is an interesting stat Yesterday was the Lowest crowd for an afl game since moving to Adelaide Oval.

And it’s only May. :-(

No there wasn't, just another flogger trying to get a bite, just because you were jacking off about the post doesn't mean anyone else was interested.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
twe wrote:What sort of crowd do you think they will get today ... Pissing down here at victor since 10:30 and still going now not sure what it like in town ? Plus the fact they are playing the Suns you would think say anything over 30k would be a pass mark .

Smack bang in the middle of the day on a Sunday when all the metro kids play doesn’t help either.

Wedgie wrote:Adelaide Oval not expecting many at the Power game tomorrow, even telling corporate staff not to bother coming in. :shock:.

I thought it was a point of interest as its the first time its happened at an AFL game since Adelaide Oval was redeveloped. It must impact the Power's budget if they're not filling up all the boxes.[/quote]

woodublieve12 wrote:Big turn out at Adelaide oval today. You think a football state wouldn’t have much trouble getting a decent crowd 8) ;)

Numerous floggers it seems :-)

It could be worse you could be Carlton.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 20, 2019 10:54 am

It's actually getting painful reading the same crap about crowd numbers from you UK.. i mean if you wanna troll that's fine, at least make it fun and entertaining.. go get some new material lol.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 20, 2019 11:01 am

The Bedge wrote:It's actually getting painful reading the same crap about crowd numbers from you UK.. i mean if you wanna troll that's fine, at least make it fun and entertaining.. go get some new material lol.

Doesn't even need a "lol" at the end, it is painful reading and so repetetive, it is just garbage, Port played Gold Coast, Port played snot for a while and then came good, that's all I need to take from the game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:27 am

who does UK follow????
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 am

The Bedge wrote:It's actually getting painful reading the same crap about crowd numbers from you UK...

That’s a pity. And it’s only May so u have a long season ahead Gents.

LBH the lowest crowd ever for an AFL game at Adelaide Oval was the most interesting thing to come out of yesterday’s game imho.

Btw If you don’t like Ports shit crowd discussions maybe turn the radio off this week and avoid bigfooty would be my advice.

#nevertearusapartunlessshowersforecast

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am

woodublieve12 wrote:who does UK follow????

Central District FC

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 20, 2019 11:45 am

So why are you interested in what AFL clubs are doing?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:49 am

UK Fan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:who does UK follow????

Central District FC

I mean what professional club do you follow??? I am not talking amateurs
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 20, 2019 12:16 pm

There wasn’t any sun shining at Adelaide Oval yesterday afternoon, certainly not in the second half.

It was never going to be pretty against the lowest scoring side in the competition (by some margin) and the wet weather didn’t help the spectacle, nor did some lack lustre checking by Port Adelaide in the first quarter.

Gold Coast, as many sides have done to the slow starting Port Adelaide this year, got off to a flyer with the first of the match and 4 for the quarter as the Suns held sway inside and outside the contest. With 10 more I50’s than Port in the first 30 minutes the Suns controlled contested possessions (+6), inside 50’s (+10) and uncontested possession (+12). Port were lucky to be within a goal at ¼ time and it was because forward target Billy Frampton marked and goaled, Farrell baulked, weaved and goaled and Karl Amon kicked truly from a tight angle. Gold Coast, right now, are well on top and the ¼ time Port Adelaide huddle suggested the coach wasn’t happy and the players needed to respond. That they did, but it wasn’t all our way initially.

By midway of the 2nd quarter Port had +8 I50’s for the quarter, the midfield on the back of Boak, Rockliff, Duursma and the slowly building Powell-Pepper began to gain the ascendancy, Gold Coast were still being well served by Fiorini and Bowes in the middle working to the feet of Witts who was breaking even in the air with Ryder and Lycett. Going against the grain for a wet day the Suns scored two goals for the quarter from defensive 50 chains, they weren’t pretty but they went from one end to the other to goal. Again, loose checking.

Then it broke open, after half time it was all one way traffic. 44 I50’s to 9 for the half as Port keep Gold Coast parked in defence, as a result of this their forward structure completely disintegrated, after Wright goaled at the 10 minute mark of the third quarter the Suns would only add 1 more point in the next 45 minutes, Port would add 6.6 to put the contest to bed. 7 goals from 44 inside 50’s doesn’t look particularly rewarding, however numbers behind the ball for the Suns coupled with Port locking down the defensive zone meant entry after entry went to 2-on-1’s favouring the Gold Coast only for the 2-on-1 in Port’s favour in the midfield have it pump the ball back in.

Boak, sensational in the second half, led the way all day but particularly when his side needed to get going, two times an All Australian in 2014 and 2015 I’ve got no doubt he’s in the best individual form of his career, without question he’s miles in front in Port’s BnF, would be right in AA discussion and would be among the leaders at round 9 in the Brownlow. He’s been sensational all year. Rockliff put his nose in the trough, sitting behind the contest with cheeky little 20m kicks to space and waxed perfectly late. Sam Gray has made the “other” small forward spot his since coming in, 7 tackles highlighting his work off the ball. Rozee, might be ok this kid, so clean in the wet and knows where the goals are.

Frampton made his big frame felt in the contest, Farrell, I’m a big wrap for this kid, he’s smart, kicks truly and gets into the right spots. He holds his spot when R.Gray comes back for mine. Powell-Pepper continued his good run of form, not pulling huge numbers but he’s the sharp end of the shovel at the moment, working hard inside. Byrne-Jones, a personal favourite, held his own again, he’s creating more dash from defence instead of just being the lockdown small, he’ll make mistakes but he’s happy to give it a go.

Mentions to Amon who showed some uncharacteristic grit, Lienert who showed he’s prepared to run from defence and first gamer Joel Garner who, I’ve now worked out is a left footer, he kicks so well off both. He’ll get a huge round of applause this morning in the review, his effort to leave his man, create the contest, gather the crumbs from the contest and hit Broadbent on his non-preferred side was a look at what this kid is made of. It’s good stuff.

Boon’s best : Boak, Rozee, SPP, Duursma, S.Gray, Frampton

Changes for next week :

With Robbie Gray and Tom Jonas expected to make the trip to Tassie I think Butters and Garner make way for the two main stays of Port’s forward and backlines. Butters, a little unlucky as he’s not got the reward for effort that Farrell has, hard to drop Farrell after 3 goals. Garner, last man in, first man out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 pm

He is getting exactly what he wants..... attention

So Port wins by 38 with the youngsters leading the way again. Discuss
Edit Booney beat me to it
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 pm

Atley in before Butters Booney?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:He is getting exactly what he wants..... attention

I did ^. :lol:

8 players with 10 games or under, Farrell, Rozee, Frampton, Butters, Garner, Duursma, Atley and Lienert. If I hear one more "the young Suns line up"......
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Lot of talk about Rozee, but geez Duursma is a beauty.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:He is getting exactly what he wants..... attention

I did ^. :lol:

8 players with 10 games or under, Farrell, Rozee, Frampton, Butters, Garner, Duursma, Atley and Lienert. If I hear one more "the young Suns line up"......

I did Edit :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:Atley in before Butters Booney?

Only for balance I think, Robbie goes back into the F50, Farrell probably stays in ahead of Butters so he (Farrell) might play a little higher up the ground.

Could make a case for Drew in / Atley out, too, which, in retrospect will probably happen.

In - Gray, Drew, Jonas
Out - Butters, Atley, Garner
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL