Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 am

Q. wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Why are the people getting so upset?

They do realise Bill was promising the world and would have delivered a 2nd hand atlas.

And its only 3yrs. Labor will win next election.
I think a lot of people wanted meaningful action on the climate crisis, which won't happen with the re election of a party deeply embedded within the coal industry

Labor wasn't offering meaningful action, they wanted to to too much too soon.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Q. » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Q. wrote:

They do realise Bill was promising the world and would have delivered a 2nd hand atlas.

I think a lot of people wanted meaningful action on the climate crisis, which won't happen with the re election of a party deeply embedded within the coal industry

Their policy was better than the Coalition, but it still didn't go far enough.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am

Q. wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Bến Tre
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Q. wrote:[quote="mighty_tiger_79"]Why are the people getting so upset?

Bến Tre[/quote]Destroy the town to save it doesn't apply here when the cost of inaction is greater than the cost of action
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 20, 2019 9:31 am

Q. wrote:The real question now is, given we've had zero percent wage growth for almost a year and sit in a per capita recession, will the LNP continue down this path and into a full recession over the next three years?
No thoughts here? Do we think the Rudd-esque handout in July will prevent a recession?
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 am

bennymacca wrote:
Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Where do I see the overall swings per state? From what I can find, there were slight swings in Adelaide & Boothby but swings away from Labor everywhere else in SA
https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/f ... z&state=sa

Yeah, I can't find the State by State 2PP either, we might have to wait until all votes are counted. But looking at the individual seats, the LNP does look likely to get the 2PP vote in SA.

Looks like Sharma knocked over Phelps too.

On election night the ABC said there was a swing towards lab in Victoria and NSW and SA were roughly the same as before but Qld Labor just got smashed, so it didn't matter what WA did

There's your problem right there other than Antony Green. I watched them for a while and turned it over
Here is the current state of play:

2PP.png
2PP.png (68.94 KiB) Viewed 3678 times

BUT, there is a glitch in the system. Barker hasn't been included in the SA numbers and that brings it right back as its 67.7 / 32.3 on 2PP to LNP
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:55 am

Q. wrote:
Q. wrote:The real question now is, given we've had zero percent wage growth for almost a year and sit in a per capita recession, will the LNP continue down this path and into a full recession over the next three years?
No thoughts here? Do we think the Rudd-esque handout in July will prevent a recession?

Who knows? Like the rest of Australian business, I'll be head down / hard work and you'll be rewarded

No handout; that was a stupid idea. The pokey kings enjoyed it. People like me just paid it off their mortgage with no benefit to the economy

I doubt ScoMo will do a Keating from 93-96 (ie) nothing.

The election was a good thing for ScoMo:
No Turnbull, Abbott, Pyne or Bishop whiteanting him
Nationals vote was up so Barnaby can STFU

The problem is the Senate again but they are better placed than before. Will Labor & the Greens try to govern from the senate like they have done for the past 6 years.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 20, 2019 9:57 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Who knows? Like the rest of Australian business, I'll be head down / hard work and you'll be rewarded

No handout; that was a stupid idea. The pokey kings enjoyed it. People like me just paid it off their mortgage with no benefit to the economy

I doubt ScoMo will do a Keating from 93-96 (ie) nothing.

The election was a good thing for ScoMo:
No Turnbull, Abbott, Pyne or Bishop whiteanting him
Nationals vote was up so Barnaby can STFU

The problem is the Senate again but they are better placed than before. Will Labor & the Greens try to govern from the senate like they have done for the past 6 years.
LNP have promised a 1K handout for those earning up to 120K
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 am

LNP have poorly managed the economy since being in power. Wage stagnation is real and now a recession looms. I don't think they have any idea how to turn this around.
Q.
Coach

Postby stan » Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am

Looks like Boothby will go to Nicole Flint of the LNP and give ScoMo the majority he needs to form government.

Right so this will probably be confirmed within the next few days I assume the attention will turn to the make up of the Senate.

Not Clive or Fraser Anning at the moment and it looks that way. Only the one Conservative Party member at the moment and still a strong host of the Greens.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Q. » Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am

stan wrote:Looks like Boothby will go to Nicole Flint of the LNP and give ScoMo the majority he needs to form government.

Right so this will probably be confirmed within the next few days I assume the attention will turn to the make up of the Senate.

Not Clive or Fraser Anning at the moment and it looks that way. Only the one Conservative Party member at the moment and still a strong host of the Greens.
Neither major party with a majority in the Senate
Q.
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 am

Q. wrote:
stan wrote:Looks like Boothby will go to Nicole Flint of the LNP and give ScoMo the majority he needs to form government.

This is great imo

Means that the governing party has to at least consider the full spectrum of politics to get their legislation through
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:51 am

bennymacca wrote:
Q. wrote:

This is great imo

Means that the governing party has to at least consider the full spectrum of politics to get their legislation through

Here is how you govern from the senate.
LNP win government with a promise to repeal the Mining Tax
Despite their mandate t do so, Labor and Greens oppose it forcing the government to deal with Clive.
Nek minit, no SGL increase for all Australians for 7 years.
Thanks Labor and Greens. Then to rub salt into the wounds, sanctimonious Labor & Green blame everyone else for their f*** up.

https://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2014/s4079491.htm
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 am

Q. wrote:

I get the feeling that people in Australia think, what's the point of us doing too much if the rest of the world is sitting on their hands. Global warming is an international issue that needs all countries on board.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Trader » Mon May 20, 2019 11:51 am

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:I think a lot of people wanted meaningful action on the climate crisis, which won't happen with the re election of a party deeply embedded within the coal industry

I get the feeling that people in Australia think, what's the point of us doing too much if the rest of the world is sitting on their hands. Global warming is an international issue that needs all countries on board.

There are also a lot of people who aren't convinced of the human impacts towards climate change.
If you say you are sceptical about the human impacts, you get called a climate denier and the left will paint you out to be some crackpot that doesn't see the climate is changing. (equally the right will do this on other issues).
So instead of having a healthy discussion about the human impact of climate change, you get to a point where no-one discusses it in a meaningful way. The left put out more and more absurd predictions, trying to grab attention, and the right ignore it (both the issue, and the chatter from the left).

Opinion polls ask people what they think about various issues, and knowing it doesn't mean anything, people just say the socially acceptable answer, the polls predict a labor victory as a result. But when push comes to shove, and people are in the ballot box, they are able to vote the way they actually feel, without being judged for their vote.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Q. » Mon May 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Trader wrote:
cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:I think a lot of people wanted meaningful action on the climate crisis, which won't happen with the re election of a party deeply embedded within the coal industry

There are also a lot of people who aren't convinced of the human impacts towards climate change.
If you say you are sceptical about the human impacts, you get called a climate denier and the left will paint you out to be some crackpot that doesn't see the climate is changing. (equally the right will do this on other issues).
So instead of having a healthy discussion about the human impact of climate change, you get to a point where no-one discusses it in a meaningful way. The left put out more and more absurd predictions, trying to grab attention, and the right ignore it (both the issue, and the chatter from the left).

Opinion polls ask people what they think about various issues, and knowing it doesn't mean anything, people just say the socially acceptable answer, the polls predict a labor victory as a result. But when push comes to shove, and people are in the ballot box, they are able to vote the way they actually feel, without being judged for their vote.
Scientific consensus isn't a left/right issue. You either accept the scientific consensus or willingly oppose it for ideological purposes.
Q.
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 pm

2019-05-20 11.03.27.png
2019-05-20 11.03.27.png (476.63 KiB) Viewed 3630 times

:D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Mon May 20, 2019 12:13 pm

You can't make this sh1t up haha what a nuffie
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Q. wrote:
Trader wrote:There are also a lot of people who aren't convinced of the human impacts towards climate change.

Scientific consensus isn't a left/right issue. You either accept the scientific consensus or willingly oppose it for ideological purposes.

Thanks for proving Traders point Q.

He has a raised a question about "the Quiet Australians/The forgotten people" however you want to describe them, wanting to have an honest debate about a range of issues and then someone questions them for having a valid queries and perspectives on those issues and they are called ideologues and this is what you should think.

You either accept it or willing oppose it, there's no middle ground is the essence of your response. The result on Saturday proves that the vast majority of Australians want to discuss the middle ground.

Quite rightly the battlers of Australia get sick of being told "this is what you should think cause we know better than you" and so turn the middle finger up at those who they perceive are putting them down for wanting to have a valid debate. This is why Labor didn't do as well as it hoped on the weekend

Similarly there are those on the right of politics who do the same (All Muslims are evil) and quite rightly they got the finger shown to them too, anyone seen Fraser A?

I'll say this to I'm blue in the face, you control the middle ground of Australian politics you control the government benches. You move to far to the left (ALP 2019) or right (LNP 2007) in the eyes of the Australian population you get your arses handed to you on a plate by the voters.

Despite what the some of the losing side of politics say after each election (Hi Jane Caro) the Australian voting population aren't dumb, well 99% of them aren't ;)
Last edited by am Bays on Mon May 20, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Just had this sent to me by a mate...
IMG_2662.jpg
IMG_2662.jpg (147.38 KiB) Viewed 3595 times

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics