Things that you are looking forward to

Anything!

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Booney » Fri May 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Corona Man wrote:Looking like I will get the Trifecta....... Bangladesh, India & Sri Lanka all in one trip. Probably away for 10 days, which includes a weekend somewhere. Speaking to the boss, he said a weekend in Mumbai would be awful. So long as the bombings have stopped, I'm thinking a weekend in Sri Lanka may be the way to go. The good news is I have some control over itinerary. Early thoughts - Fly out Sunday to Dhaka, meet a counterpart there, see Bangers Customers Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Then spend Thurs & Frid in the Mumbai office, fly out Friday arvo for Sri Lanka, spend the weekend and Mon, Tues and probably Wed in Sri Lanka, fly out Wednesday night, back in Melbourne Thursday am. Most likely go in August or October, as I have NZ in July, Sept & Nov already penciled in.

Note to self - get some of that Imodium gear.

Sounds amazing.

Sounds like you've shat through the eye of a needle for 10 days.

Sounds like you'll never go back.

You can pick which one you want to use upon your return. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Corona Man wrote:Looking like I will get the Trifecta....... Bangladesh, India & Sri Lanka all in one trip. Probably away for 10 days, which includes a weekend somewhere. Speaking to the boss, he said a weekend in Mumbai would be awful. So long as the bombings have stopped, I'm thinking a weekend in Sri Lanka may be the way to go. The good news is I have some control over itinerary. Early thoughts - Fly out Sunday to Dhaka, meet a counterpart there, see Bangers Customers Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Then spend Thurs & Frid in the Mumbai office, fly out Friday arvo for Sri Lanka, spend the weekend and Mon, Tues and probably Wed in Sri Lanka, fly out Wednesday night, back in Melbourne Thursday am. Most likely go in August or October, as I have NZ in July, Sept & Nov already penciled in.

You will be fine in Siri Lanka.
Just stick to their curfews.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Avoid most of the local “airlines”, especially Biman [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Booney wrote:

Sounds amazing.

By the sounds of it I will be going a couple of times a year, so that rules out a few of the options. I survived is probably the best I can hope for, for now.

August trip.... where do you reckon I will catch the footy games on TV in effing Sri Lanka?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Sat May 25, 2019 10:40 am

Three and a half weeks in Spain and Germany from next week.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:50 am

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:

Sounds amazing.

By the sounds of it I will be going a couple of times a year, so that rules out a few of the options. I survived is probably the best I can hope for, for now.

August trip.... where do you reckon I will catch the footy games on TV in effing Sri Lanka?

AFL live pass on your mobile or tablet?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 26, 2019 12:17 am

Magellan wrote:Three and a half weeks in Spain and Germany from next week.

Lucky bugger, being in Spain for the Champions League Final! Very jealous!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Sun May 26, 2019 3:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Cheers, and to top it off we'll be in the center of Madrid on the same day as the big game. Explains why the AirBnB prices all of sudden in Madrid shot up by about a factor of ten almost overnight. :shock:

Not going along to the game (unfortunately), and in fact it's a pure coincidence that we'll be there on the same day. Beatles accents and Norf Londoners should make for an very unique Spanish tourism experience. Looking forward to finding a tapas bar serving up chip butty, piccalilli, and spotted dick. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sun May 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Magellan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Cheers, and to top it off we'll be in the center of Madrid on the same day as the big game. Explains why the AirBnB prices all of sudden in Madrid shot up by about a factor of ten almost overnight. :shock:

Not going along to the game (unfortunately), and in fact it's a pure coincidence that we'll be there on the same day. Beatles accents and Norf Londoners should make for an very unique Spanish tourism experience. Looking forward to finding a tapas bar serving up chip butty, piccalilli, and spotted dick. ;)

No trip to your homeland?
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Sun May 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Grenville wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

No trip to your homeland?

Funnily enough, Portugal was part of our initial plan. We opted to spend more time in Spain (we're there principally to attend a wedding) and soak in as much of it as possible. We had our eyes on Porto (somewhere a bit different, rather than visiting the default option of going to Lisbon), and flights weren't as convenient as we'd hoped, so we decided to staying in Spain (until we go to Berlin). Spending time wandering around Madrid, Toledo, Alicante, and Bilbao should give us a pretty good feel for the place.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sun May 26, 2019 9:22 pm

No trip to your homeland?[/quote]
Funnily enough, Portugal was part of our initial plan. We opted to spend more time in Spain (we're there principally to attend a wedding) and soak in as much of it as possible. We had our eyes on Porto (somewhere a bit different, rather than visiting the default option of going to Lisbon), and flights weren't as convenient as we'd hoped, so we decided to staying in Spain (until we go to Berlin). Spending time wandering around Madrid, Toledo, Alicante, and Bilbao should give us a pretty good feel for the place.[/quote]

Sounds like a ripper trip, Berlin is one European city on my bucket list.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Grenville wrote:
Sounds like a ripper trip, Berlin is one European city on my bucket list.

Berlin is awesome. Right up there on my favourite European city list.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon May 27, 2019 6:25 am

Yeah, cheers lads. Really looking forward to Berlin, by all accounts it's one of the most happening cities in all of Europe. Keen to tap into some of its Iron Curtain/Cold War history stuff, like the Stasi Museum, wall remnants, and the Unterwelten (underground tunnels).
Magellan
Coach

Postby David Brent » Mon May 27, 2019 10:20 am

Don't spend your weekend in Sri Lanka in Colombo mate its a rubbish city IMO. Make sure you head somewhere else, most preferably down the coast & enjoy. Hopefully there is a test or something on in Galle you could check out.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 27, 2019 10:44 am

David Brent wrote:

Don't spend your weekend in Sri Lanka in Colombo mate its a rubbish city IMO. Make sure you head somewhere else, most preferably down the coast & enjoy. Hopefully there is a test or something on in Galle you could check out.

Cheers DB. Will keep that in mind. I've done zero research on the place other than where our customers are.... for work I will stay in Colombo. The though of a weekend in Mumbai didn't thrill me. So if I can get to somewhere a little "touristy" I shall.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue May 28, 2019 9:16 am

Sub Continent trip confirmed for Early August. Now to get through the visa applications & sort flights, accommodation, transfers etc. Arranging with my Indian counterparts to accompany me on this, my maiden trip to this part of the world. Also need to arrange for all kinds of vaccinations..... Hep B, Malaria etc, sounds like fun!!!

Looking at the travel dates, and importantly cross checking them to the footy draw - Hawks play North the Friday night before I leave @ Marvel - I am hoping for Medallion Club tickets.... this will also keep Mrs C happy, mind you 12 or 13 days without me in the house doesn't phase her in the least!
The following Friday night the Hawks play GWS..... and I will be in transit from Mumbai to Colombo..... may not see any of that game. But spending that weekend in Sri Lanka, surely there is an Aussie bar with the footy on..... research required here.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 28, 2019 10:23 am

Corona Man wrote:Sub Continent trip confirmed for Early August. Now to get through the visa applications & sort flights, accommodation, transfers etc. Arranging with my Indian counterparts to accompany me on this, my maiden trip to this part of the world. Also need to arrange for all kinds of vaccinations..... Hep B, Malaria etc, sounds like fun!!!

Looking at the travel dates, and importantly cross checking them to the footy draw - Hawks play North the Friday night before I leave @ Marvel - I am hoping for Medallion Club tickets.... this will also keep Mrs C happy, mind you 12 or 13 days without me in the house doesn't phase her in the least!
The following Friday night the Hawks play GWS..... and I will be in transit from Mumbai to Colombo..... may not see any of that game. But spending that weekend in Sri Lanka, surely there is an Aussie bar with the footy on..... research required here.

Importantly have you checked the cricket calander while you are over there?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue May 28, 2019 10:50 am

Dutchy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Sub Continent trip confirmed for Early August. Now to get through the visa applications & sort flights, accommodation, transfers etc. Arranging with my Indian counterparts to accompany me on this, my maiden trip to this part of the world. Also need to arrange for all kinds of vaccinations..... Hep B, Malaria etc, sounds like fun!!!

Importantly have you checked the cricket calander while you are over there?

No, world cup still on then??

BBL could still be going, longest season ever...
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 pm

My first proper day off in 24 days tomorrow . Come at me
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:34 am

Brodlach wrote:My first proper day off in 24 days tomorrow . Come at me

Buy me a drink and we'll talk about it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach