Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Getting emergency exit rows for two international flights, a big deal for me being 6ft 4!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby heater31 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 pm

mighty hounds wrote:Getting emergency exit rows for two international flights, a big deal for me being 6ft 4!
Now for a spare seat next to you....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 27, 2019 9:36 pm

heater31 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Getting emergency exit rows for two international flights, a big deal for me being 6ft 4!
Now for a spare seat next to you....

thought I scored one on the second leg flight but the bloke ended up being on the 3rd shuttle in Doha :(
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon May 27, 2019 9:37 pm

With what you post, I always pictured you as a little man ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Spargo wrote:

my perception of everyone on SAFooty on how they post :lol:
Attachments
14953920.jpg
14953920.jpg (99.32 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:41 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Spargo wrote:

my perception of everyone on SAFooty on how they post [emoji38]
Nailed it for me![emoji15]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 pm

Tried the purple scooters when in the CBD today, good fun!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 28, 2019 11:41 am

Harvey Norman, my lad wanted a new laptop for school but we resisted as we paid nearly a grand for his 4-5 years back, anyway he agreed to pay for it so we allowed him to go buy one he had seen on sale at HN for $348 on Thursday night. Purchase made and lad happy.

Anyway late Friday arvo I went out for a quick bike ride and was listening to 5AA and HN were advertising their 24 hour Sale Frenzy for Saturday only including a reduction of the same laptop from $348 to $248, I wasn't happy that HN didn't disclose that when he purchased it, anyway quick 5 min phone call to HN and they agree if we brought in the receipt they would give him $100 cash back on Saturday.

No arguments needed, quickly resolved the complaint and turned poor word of mouth into a positive. Wish more companies would follow this lead.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Magellan » Tue May 28, 2019 11:56 am

Dutchy wrote:Harvey Norman, my lad wanted a new laptop for school but we resisted as we paid nearly a grand for his 4-5 years back, anyway he agreed to pay for it so we allowed him to go buy one he had seen on sale at HN for $348 on Thursday night. Purchase made and lad happy.

Anyway late Friday arvo I went out for a quick bike ride and was listening to 5AA and HN were advertising their 24 hour Sale Frenzy for Saturday only including a reduction of the same laptop from $348 to $248, I wasn't happy that HN didn't disclose that when he purchased it, anyway quick 5 min phone call to HN and they agree if we brought in the receipt they would give him $100 cash back on Saturday.

No arguments needed, quickly resolved the complaint and turned poor word of mouth into a positive. Wish more companies would follow this lead.

Good on them, and a great outcome for you and the lad - especially considering HN could've easily told you to get stuffed.

Positive word of mouth for them is worth more than a hundred bucks, and you're right - it's a pity that other businesses don't take a wider and smarter view.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 28, 2019 12:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:Harvey Norman, my lad wanted a new laptop for school but we resisted as we paid nearly a grand for his 4-5 years back, anyway he agreed to pay for it so we allowed him to go buy one he had seen on sale at HN for $348 on Thursday night. Purchase made and lad happy.

That is good of them, mind you they should've pointed this out the evening prior.

I can't say that I've had any good dealings with them, they've messed up a couple of orders of mine, I generally call them "Harvey Moron".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Magellan » Tue May 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That is good of them, mind you they should've pointed this out the evening prior.

I can't say that I've had any good dealings with them, they've messed up a couple of orders of mine, I generally call them "Harvey Moron".

Yeah, good customer service from them is "Hardly Normal."
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Dissident » Tue May 28, 2019 12:40 pm

To be fair, it's not uncommon for staff not to know about promos coming up.. I had that a fair bit when I worked at Radio Rentals.
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby JK » Tue May 28, 2019 1:01 pm

Dissident wrote:To be fair, it's not uncommon for staff not to know about promos coming up.. I had that a fair bit when I worked at Radio Rentals.

Any POS system worth its salt will have promotional pricing that triggers on a select date, so I'd imagine you're right, some staff wouldn't know until that takes affect.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Tue May 28, 2019 3:21 pm

The West Coast Eagles Football Club.
My eldest daughter won a competition last week to be “mascot of the week”. She got to go down into the rooms pregame, was given a guernsey, shorts & socks to wear (and keep). She led the team out onto Adelaide Oval (forgot to wait for them & charged through the banner on her own :lol: )
One of the players (unidentified) tore a piece of the banner off & gave it to her as a memento. The runner then took her to the goals to have a few kicks, she dropped the piece of banner without knowing it. When she was running off a West Coast official gave it back to her. A trainer had seen her drop it & gave it to him.
Special mention to Luke Schuey & Shannon Hearn for taking the time to say hello to an 8 year old girl they didn’t know & didn’t have to talk to. The photo of the three of them in the race is awesome & will be blown up & framed for sure.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Spargo wrote:The West Coast Eagles Football Club.
My eldest daughter won a competition last week to be “mascot of the week”. She got to go down into the rooms pregame, was given a guernsey, shorts & socks to wear (and keep). She led the team out onto Adelaide Oval (forgot to wait for them & charged through the banner on her own [emoji38] )
One of the players (unidentified) tore a piece of the banner off & gave it to her as a memento. The runner then took her to the goals to have a few kicks, she dropped the piece of banner without knowing it. When she was running off a West Coast official gave it back to her. A trainer had seen her drop it & gave it to him.
Special mention to Luke Schuey & Shannon Hearn for taking the time to say hello to an 8 year old girl they didn’t know & didn’t have to talk to. The photo of the three of them in the race is awesome & will be blown up & framed for sure.
Get the jumper signed by any of the players?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Local Azerbaijan beer, 500ml. 5 Manat. 3 Aussie dollars. :-BD
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue May 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Dissident wrote:To be fair, it's not uncommon for staff not to know about promos coming up.. I had that a fair bit when I worked at Radio Rentals.

Yeah absolutely

I work in the health and fitness industry and generally a common strategy used is to not tell staff until the day before at earliest.

Being that we don’t pay staff commissions the last thing we need is a staff member saying to a potential new gym member to come back next week because it’s cheaper....fair chair there not coming back as gym motivation swings and sways like trees in the wind lol.

In the odd event some one comes back we will deal with that scenario by scenario normally in a customer centric approach.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 am

mighty hounds wrote:Local Azerbaijan beer, 500ml. 5 Manat. 3 Aussie dollars. :-BD

Are you in Beirut?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Magellan » Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Local Azerbaijan beer

Are you in Beirut?

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I reckon he's in Azerbaijan. ;) :P
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 am

Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Local Azerbaijan beer

Are you in Beirut?

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I reckon he's in Azerbaijan. ;) :P