Carlton

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton

Postby Booney » Tue May 28, 2019 4:00 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Bolton - I still don't know if the guy can coach or not. He should be given the opportunity while the guys are young. I'd back him till the end of next year.

Bulldogs, Melbourne, Sydney, Fremantle, Carlton, Brisbane and Gold Coast are all 23 point something average list age.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Booney wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Bolton - I still don't know if the guy can coach or not. He should be given the opportunity while the guys are young. I'd back him till the end of next year.

Bulldogs, Melbourne, Sydney, Fremantle, Carlton, Brisbane and Gold Coast are all 23 point something average list age.

Pretty sure Carlton have the youngest average age and lowest average games?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 28, 2019 4:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

Brisbane and Gold Coast younger. ( Carlton 23.5 Brisbane 23.4 GC 23.1 )

Gold Coast less games ( Carlton 52.2 GC 48.1 )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Had a good look at the Carlton game on the weekend as I was financially invested and gee they are hard to watch, Ive been a Bolton fan but I think he has now lost the plot, the game plan stinks and the players are not playing natural footy, you can see their minds ticking over as they get possession.

They need to move him on ASAP.

But Mitch McGovern thought they were going in the right direction, didn't he?

Silvagni playing the lead up forward role, Charlie Curnow looking completely lost, McGovern according to Wayne Carey would "rather be selling pies" than being out there. They really are lost as a club and have been for 10 years.

To be fair it did get him out of Adelaide.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Jase » Tue May 28, 2019 4:51 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Bolton - I still don't know if the guy can coach or not. He should be given the opportunity while the guys are young. I'd back him till the end of next year.

Ratten - would love him back. Senior assistant??

Bolton - Im done, I wouldn't give him until the end of next week never mind the end of next year...

Ratten - Back up a big truck full of money, dump it at his door, beg and plead to get him to come back... He's turned up at the Saints and while they weren't great on the weekend, they have won 5 games already this year... if we continue the way we are, we won't win 5 in total between now and 2022...

We are a laughing stock, we are a rabble and it needs to stop.... not at the end of next year, as soon as possible...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Booney wrote:

We have a lot of very experienced players and very inexperienced players and not much in between. Murphy, Kruezer, Daisy and Simpson would make the average that high. Generally speaking, our spine is young and needs time to play together.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:40 pm

Jase wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Bolton - I still don't know if the guy can coach or not. He should be given the opportunity while the guys are young. I'd back him till the end of next year.

Bolton - Im done, I wouldn't give him until the end of next week never mind the end of next year...

Ratten - Back up a big truck full of money, dump it at his door, beg and plead to get him to come back... He's turned up at the Saints and while they weren't great on the weekend, they have won 5 games already this year... if we continue the way we are, we won't win 5 in total between now and 2022...

We are a laughing stock, we are a rabble and it needs to stop.... not at the end of next year, as soon as possible...

Changing the coach has done us well over the course of the past umm....20 years, so why not trot down that path again. GREAT idea!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:42 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

Brisbane and Gold Coast younger. ( Carlton 23.5 Brisbane 23.4 GC 23.1 )

Gold Coast less games ( Carlton 52.2 GC 48.1 )

Stats, they're gold aren't they? What about games played for ages 24-28, where we desperately need that age group?

Seriously......
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Jase » Tue May 28, 2019 9:51 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Jase wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Changing the coach has done us well over the course of the past umm....20 years, so why not trot down that path again. GREAT idea!
Lets have a look at this...

There is 0 improvement in this team... we are getting worse...

He's had 4 years and done SFA...

If your happy with this debacle, more power too you...

We were a powerhouse and now we are nothing.... [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190528/bcbc0efed54e29a61b9c79f203770292.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby gadj1976 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Jase wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Jase wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

We were a powerhouse and now we are nothing....

Bull.

He's had nearly 50 players turn over in 4 years. That's EXTRA-ordinary. No team has done it before, no one.

We have a plan. Turn the list over, rebuild via the draft, seek free-agency and build for the future. You cannot do that in 2-3-4 years in the modern environment.

If you don't think we've improved then you're not watching.

I'm not 'happy', I'm being patient, which is what the club has preached since Bolton took over this rabble from Malthouse.

If you choose not to be patient, and seek a new coach because we're not getting instant results, we're going to keep turning over coaches every 3-5 years and burning through players seeking immediate wins for the sake of the longer term good of the club.

I'm done with this thread and pretty much most of our supporters.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Jase » Tue May 28, 2019 10:06 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Jase wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Jase wrote:[quote="gadj1976"]

We were a powerhouse and now we are nothing....

Bull.

He's had nearly 50 players turn over in 4 years. That's EXTRA-ordinary. No team has done it before, no one.

We have a plan. Turn the list over, rebuild via the draft, seek free-agency and build for the future. You cannot do that in 2-3-4 years in the modern environment.

If you don't think we've improved then you're not watching.

I'm not 'happy', I'm being patient, which is what the club has preached since Bolton took over this rabble from Malthouse.

If you choose not to be patient, and seek a new coach because we're not getting instant results, we're going to keep turning over coaches every 3-5 years and burning through players seeking immediate wins for the sake of the longer term good of the club.

I'm done with this thread and pretty much most of our supporters.[/quote]Apart from the GWS game I have watched every freaking minute of the season and yes we are playing better in parts but I would suggest that it is inspite of the coach not because of him...

What is our game plan?
What is our identity?

Gadg, I applaud your support for Bolts, but I just dont see him as a head coach... an assistant sure, where he can get beside the players and build them up, but tactically we are no good...

Any who...

How goods football... :)

Jase
League - Best 21

Postby stan » Wed May 29, 2019 12:13 am

I think you boys need to calm the meltdown slightly. Really you should have recorded wins against the Gold Coast and Hawthorn. Generally your in games against some good sides as well. Only the GWS was a blow out.

The kids have look ok, Walsh Fisher P- Seaton, Dow all supporting Cripps in the middle. There's a bit to work with. Murphy has a few years left as well so it's not all bad.

I think up forward you have something special in the works with McKay + Curnow and throw in McGovern.

Not all doom and gloom, I think you'll snatch a few more wins before the season is out.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby marbles » Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 am

I think bolten is very clever in his presentation to articulate the plan to the media and is able to deflect week after week, but to the players he is a goober who they dont respect and couldnt give a stuff if they let him down. And theyre permitted to fail....its ok we are on a plan and we are sticking to it, our players are allowed to perform poorly this year and we will still give them $400,000 each
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 29, 2019 7:43 am

Dale Thomas said he's disappointed to have ignored the clubs "elite standards".

He also said his first stand up shows will be at the Adelaide Fringe, 2020.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Wed May 29, 2019 8:57 am

marbles wrote:I think bolten is very clever in his presentation to articulate the plan to the media and is able to deflect week after week, but to the players he is a goober who they dont respect and couldnt give a stuff if they let him down. And theyre permitted to fail....its ok we are on a plan and we are sticking to it, our players are allowed to perform poorly this year and we will still give them $400,000 each
Honestly I think your players have had some good patches as well. Only.in say 1 or 2 games have you really been terrible. And as I said you should be sitting on 3 wins at the moment.

But that's just what I can see from you outside you probably have a better feel than me for how the club is really going.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jase » Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 am

stan wrote:
marbles wrote:I think bolten is very clever in his presentation to articulate the plan to the media and is able to deflect week after week, but to the players he is a goober who they dont respect and couldnt give a stuff if they let him down. And theyre permitted to fail....its ok we are on a plan and we are sticking to it, our players are allowed to perform poorly this year and we will still give them $400,000 each
Honestly I think your players have had some good patches as well. Only.in say 1 or 2 games have you really been terrible. And as I said you should be sitting on 3 wins at the moment.

But that's just what I can see from you outside you probably have a better feel than me for how the club is really going.

I'm probably the only one here... but I reckon this is part of our problem... the club are happy with the near misses... oh we should have 3 or 4 wins already...

Unfortunately we don't, we have 1 and it really isn't good enough...

We'll probably win this week going on a big run of wins, Bolts will look like the best coach ever and I'll look like a fool... wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last, but I just want the freaking club to win again, have a bit of old school Carlton swagger, not be the whipping boys of the AFL...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 29, 2019 9:19 am

We can look at all the stats in the world but the only ones that really matter are the W/L.
Bolton is going backwards when it comes to this important stat.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 29, 2019 9:37 am

amber_fluid wrote:We can look at all the stats in the world but the only ones that really matter are the W/L.
Bolton is going backwards when it comes to this important stat.

They just don't know how to win, they panic when they hit the front and don't have the ability to finish it off, whether it may be slowing the game down and keeping possession or slamming on another 2 or 3 to get to an insurmountable lead, it comes down to experience, not games played, more of experience in being in that position.

I wont shit-can Bolton, I'm not there in the rooms, he does look too placid for a role of that nature, sometimes I look at him and feel like giving him a hug and telling him that things are gonna be alright.

Piss some dead-wood off, get some mature aged 100 game recruits and let the kids continue to develop, there's enough there to have some belief.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby MW » Wed May 29, 2019 9:49 am

Doesn't help when they get in players who are only interested in more money rather than success
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 am

They'll best Essendon this week...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL