Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby stan » Thu May 30, 2019 8:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Interesting that Port took Hartlett who isn’t/wasn’t ever going to play and Rockliff who was always doubtful. Must have plenty of cash to throw around

According to Kochie this trip is a cash cow!
Is it the Cash Cow or just a cash cow.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 30, 2019 8:42 pm

stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Interesting that Port took Hartlett who isn’t/wasn’t ever going to play and Rockliff who was always doubtful. Must have plenty of cash to throw around

July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Brodlach wrote:
stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

It’s the real deal man.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Seemed stupid to take Rockliff all that way with a suspect Hammy, you would think he would be on the plane back now in Business Class
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2321 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 7:36 am

Dutchy wrote:Seemed stupid to take Rockliff all that way with a suspect Hammy, you would think he would be on the plane back now in Business Class

Cannot understand why he went. You don't ice cramp ( as they did on the weekend ) and he should be on his way home now to start rehab. Stupid decision to take him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7485 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 31, 2019 8:59 am

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Must be better than Hong Kong then, worst trip I've ever done, hated the place.

I’ve never known anyone to hate HK but everyone has different tastes. About 12 years ago I had the opportunity to move there for work but declined as our son was still quite young. If I had the same offer today I’d be over there tomorrow

Can you please let me know when someone leaves your workplace?

Or, did you vote yes?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 9:04 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Had the opportunity to chat with the PAFC General Manager - China Engagement a week or so ago, was a very interesting chat about the revenue streams, this years projected income and a couple of partnerships soon to be announced as well as how the club is going about engaging the locals and what benefit that will have for us, long term. There will be a game in China for at least the next 5 years with current and in coming deals.

Made me change my thinking a little, instead of wanting a "cash cow" this year this is all about an on going revenue stream that will supplement traditional revenue streams.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Had the opportunity to chat with the PAFC General Manager - China Engagement a week or so ago, was a very interesting chat about the revenue streams, this years projected income and a couple of partnerships soon to be announced as well as how the club is going about engaging the locals and what benefit that will have for us, long term. There will be a game in China for at least the next 5 years with current and in coming deals.

Made me change my thinking a little, instead of wanting a "cash cow" this year this is all about an on going revenue stream that will supplement traditional revenue streams.

I know, you know, I know.

They ain’t getting rich with this venture but being able to fund their football department spend or at least supplement it for the next x years is a good idea.
Pubs and pokies have been done to death so they needed an extra revenue stream which this venture has provided.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 9:56 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I know, you know, I know.

They ain’t getting rich with this venture but being able to fund their football department spend or at least supplement it for the next x years is a good idea.
Pubs and pokies have been done to death so they needed an extra revenue stream which this venture has provided.

Our partnership with Uni of Adelaide is the biggest potential money spinner.

Our "Power Footy" program in China ( Shanghai, mainly ) focuses on 8-14 year olds, initially it's about playing footy, getting outside, exercising and being active. As they get older they learn more about Australian culture, South Australia and in turn Adelaide. By the time they get to 13/14 and begin to look at their tertiary education the University of Adelaide comes into the picture with our open universities very attractive to Chinese students. Education related travel is Australia's third biggest export money spinner behind iron or and coal ( ahead of natural gas in 4th ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 31, 2019 10:11 am

Is it surprising that with this being the third year that there is no ‘big’ Chinese sponsorship?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 10:21 am

Brodlach wrote:Is it surprising that with this being the third year that there is no ‘big’ Chinese sponsorship?

?

Our major partner is Shanghai Cred, a real estate and stock company based in Shanghai.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Must be better than Hong Kong then, worst trip I've ever done, hated the place.

I’ve never known anyone to hate HK but everyone has different tastes. About 12 years ago I had the opportunity to move there for work but declined as our son was still quite young. If I had the same offer today I’d be over there tomorrow

Can you please let me know when someone leaves your workplace?

Or, did you vote yes?

Huh?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 31, 2019 10:29 am

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Is it surprising that with this being the third year that there is no ‘big’ Chinese sponsorship?

?

Our major partner is Shanghai Cred, a real estate and stock company based in Shanghai.

Ok, was listening to the radio on the way home last night and they mentioned there was no Chinese Big sponsorship.

That surprised me but that’s because it was wrong. Any idea if it’s value?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 10:35 am

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:

?

Ok, was listening to the radio on the way home last night and they mentioned there was no Chinese Big sponsorship.

Nope.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri May 31, 2019 12:45 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:

?

Nope.

They don't have much Cred
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 31, 2019 2:35 pm

Only explanation is if they are using them with the corporates/off field events, even then you would be filthy if Rocky misses the next game when he could have been home getting a better recovery in
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2321 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby carey » Fri May 31, 2019 2:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Only explanation is if they are using them with the corporates/off field events, even then you would be filthy if Rocky misses the next game when he could have been home getting a better recovery in

The only theory i'm running with is we have the Bye next week, otherwise you're spot on.

Freo in Perth after that, Boon can you please head over again? 100% record in Perth ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 2:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Hartlett most certainly went for the corporates, he'd be last in line for a spot in the emergencies that went over. Rockliff I can only assume they thought he was a chance, I'd written him off when I saw him with ice on his hammy last weekend.

With the bye it will be 21 days from the Hawks > Fremantle so he should, given it was minor and the trip does exacerbate the issue, he right by then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 2:45 pm

carey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

The only theory i'm running with is we have the Bye next week, otherwise you're spot on.

Freo in Perth after that, Boon can you please head over again? 100% record in Perth ;)

West Coast were prepared for me, I don't think the Purple Army would know what to do. :lol:

What do you think @valleys07?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:Seemed stupid to take Rockliff all that way with a suspect Hammy, you would think he would be on the plane back now in Business Class

Should take them two useless f****** waste of money panda's back while we're heading that way.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL