AFL Round 11 - Split rounds after this

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 11 - Split rounds after this

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 30, 2019 8:41 pm

stan wrote:Strange selection by Adelaide. They have dropped a 19, 20 and 24 year-old for 3 x 29+ year olds.

Must be in that premiership window.

Or getting some trade value back into them before they trade them.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 30, 2019 8:43 pm

stan wrote:Strange selection by Adelaide. They have dropped a 19, 20 and 24 year-old for 3 x 29+ year olds.

That’s what every Adelaide media person wanted for this week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 31, 2019 9:01 am

Brodlach wrote:
DOC wrote:Carlton: Out Simpson (managed)

So the week they lose McGovern and Thomas they rest the most experienced player. Thinking finals?

Tanking for the number 1 draft pick

1 & 2.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 31, 2019 9:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
DOC wrote:Carlton: Out Simpson (managed)

So the week they lose McGovern and Thomas they rest the most experienced player. Thinking finals?

Tanking for the number 1 draft pick

1 & 2.

To give to the crows.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 31, 2019 9:11 am

Thank you ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 am

How dare they try and win games
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:52 am

Kane Cornes article regarding JJ

"Publicly he has handled his exile with class....."

Not sure bagging the club publicly is classy
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Fri May 31, 2019 10:00 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Kane Cornes article regarding JJ

:lol:

The SANFL is calling on fans to be aware of the power of their words in the wake of comments made by Crows forward Josh Jenkins.

Speaking on Adelaide radio last week, Jenkins revealed he asked his wife and daughter not to attend a match so they would be spared the discomfort of hearing the fans’ heavy criticism.

SANFL’s General Manager of Football Adam Kelly spoke with Jenkins about the comments and agreed with the 30-year-old’s sentiment.

“Josh’s concern is for the impact that personal attacking comments, directed at any player, has on their partners, family and friends who might hear this among the crowd at a game,” Kelly told AFC Media.

“His concern is shared by (the) SANFL – when it’s a loved one or friend that is the subject of the abuse, this would likely anger anyone and compel them to defend.

“We want fans to be passionate about the game, but without directing verbal abuse towards individual players.

“Fans need to have regard for those in the crowd who are there to support players so that they too can enjoy their day at the footy.”

The SANFL has measures in place for crowd control, including ground security, public announcements and club communications with their members.

Kelly believed speaking publicly about the issue would help decrease abusive comments aimed at players.

“Hopefully we create greater awareness and encourage these people to reflect on their behaviour,” Kelly said.

“We also hope it will encourage other fans to call out to security or club officials any inappropriate behaviour in the crowd that crosses the line from barracking to abuse.”

Adelaide’s SANFL side will face North Adelaide at Prospect Oval on Saturday afternoon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 31, 2019 10:09 am

As soon as Jenkins landed on SEN sure as eggs Kane has a new ‘friend’
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri May 31, 2019 10:10 am

Booney wrote:

:lol:

The SANFL is calling on fans to be aware of the power of their words in the wake of comments made by Crows forward Josh Jenkins.

Speaking on Adelaide radio last week, Jenkins revealed he asked his wife and daughter not to attend a match so they would be spared the discomfort of hearing the fans’ heavy criticism.

SANFL’s General Manager of Football Adam Kelly spoke with Jenkins about the comments and agreed with the 30-year-old’s sentiment.

“Josh’s concern is for the impact that personal attacking comments, directed at any player, has on their partners, family and friends who might hear this among the crowd at a game,” Kelly told AFC Media.

“His concern is shared by (the) SANFL – when it’s a loved one or friend that is the subject of the abuse, this would likely anger anyone and compel them to defend.

“We want fans to be passionate about the game, but without directing verbal abuse towards individual players.

“Fans need to have regard for those in the crowd who are there to support players so that they too can enjoy their day at the footy.”

The SANFL has measures in place for crowd control, including ground security, public announcements and club communications with their members.

Kelly believed speaking publicly about the issue would help decrease abusive comments aimed at players.

“Hopefully we create greater awareness and encourage these people to reflect on their behaviour,” Kelly said.

“We also hope it will encourage other fans to call out to security or club officials any inappropriate behaviour in the crowd that crosses the line from barracking to abuse.”

Adelaide’s SANFL side will face North Adelaide at Prospect Oval on Saturday afternoon.

F#cking spare me. His wife wouldn’t go to many games if supporters abusing Jenkins was causing her “discomfort”. What about all the Crows supporters who hang shit on him at Adelaide Oval?
Once again SANFL management addressing the big issues...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:13 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:

[emoji38]

F#cking spare me. His wife wouldn’t go to many games if supporters abusing Jenkins was causing her “discomfort”. What about all the Crows supporters who hang shit on him at Adelaide Oval?
Once again SANFL management addressing the big issues...
I know some people who still go along and the only 'abuse hurled' is based on the AFL reserve players' wages...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 am

At least their no banging on the fence
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby carey » Fri May 31, 2019 11:25 am

amber_fluid wrote:
David Brent wrote:Very sad for the young lad.

To think we gave up pick 19 for him in 2016 year before the flag. They obviously didn't do their homework on him.

We wasted pick 6 on him originally from memory.

Very sad and a waste of talent also.

I dont think its sad at all. Everyone knows the risks associated with Ice and still choose to take/use it. deserves more jail time IMO
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 31, 2019 11:44 am

carey wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
David Brent wrote:Very sad for the young lad.

To think we gave up pick 19 for him in 2016 year before the flag. They obviously didn't do their homework on him.

We wasted pick 6 on him originally from memory.

Very sad and a waste of talent also.

I dont think its sad at all. Everyone knows the risks associated with Ice and still choose to take/use it. deserves more jail time IMO

I have very little sympathy for him, it’s more his family and friends who are effected by his actions that I feel for.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 31, 2019 11:45 am

carey wrote:

Dangerous grounds to enter, not many are able to get off it once they have a dabble and if you choose to ignore the affects that it has on others well then there's no one else to blame, go have a cone instead.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 31, 2019 11:47 am

carey wrote:I dont think its sad at all.

I think it's sad that drugs are so prevalant and widespread and almost socially acceptable and accessible these days, and drugs like ice genuinely ruin lives.

I think it's sad that people feel their life reaches such a low spot they sprial out of control, and dependancy on drugs speed that up.

I think it's sad that drugs can hook people so severely and become such a habit - yeah they make the decision to use.. but i'm sure their first time they thought it was a harmless dabble just for some fun coz their mates were doing it.. loved the experience.. thought one more time wouldn't hurt.. nek minnut..

I also think it's sad that AFL footy is just a high pressure, under the spotlight, scrutinised environment that players probably feel isolated, alone and unable to escape or release - hell even having a beer at the pub on a Sunday makes national news FFS.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri May 31, 2019 12:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:

I think it's sad that drugs are so prevalant and widespread and almost socially acceptable and accessible these days, and drugs like ice genuinely ruin lives.

I think it's sad that people feel their life reaches such a low spot they sprial out of control, and dependancy on drugs speed that up.

I think it's sad that drugs can hook people so severely and become such a habit - yeah they make the decision to use.. but i'm sure their first time they thought it was a harmless dabble just for some fun coz their mates were doing it.. loved the experience.. thought one more time wouldn't hurt.. nek minnut..

I also think it's sad that AFL footy is just a high pressure, under the spotlight, scrutinised environment that players probably feel isolated, alone and unable to escape or release - hell even having a beer at the pub on a Sunday makes national news FFS.

The joys of having a $700K a year job. No sympathy from me.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 31, 2019 12:51 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

The joys of having a $700K a year job. No sympathy from me.

Yep the poor guys I don’t know how they do it.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 31, 2019 1:10 pm

I've been stuck on the Melbourne vs Adelaide game for near 24 hours, I can't work out why Adelaide are favourites?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've been stuck on the Melbourne vs Adelaide game for near 24 hours, I can't work out why Adelaide are favourites?

Coz the Dees are shitter!
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL