Carlton

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton

Postby carey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Corona Man wrote:Amber to coach the Blues next season!

Can’t have a Power supporter coach another club
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:33 pm

:lol:
Attachments
1595F7D7-E9EE-4BC3-9585-41B628077BC0.jpeg
1595F7D7-E9EE-4BC3-9585-41B628077BC0.jpeg (166.75 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:04 pm

carey wrote:

From what I could make out, Bolton was not a blues fan.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:25 pm

carey wrote:

And I’d have to take a pay cut from my current job.
No deal!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Arch44 wrote:Just go back to Ratten, no one has does done any better since him any way.
I think the coach they replaced Ratten with has ensured the club isn't going to do better with anyone for quite some time.
Malthouse was success repellent to Carlton. Two cultures that completely grated against each other.
I reckon we're not too far off mixing it up with the best again.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 pm

8 coaches in 19 years
3 sackings in 7 years (1 by Kernahan (Ratten), 2 by Lagoudice (Malthouse and Bolton))

So what do we do now? I hear people say we have a sh1t list or a great list that any coach would want. Discussions with moving on SOS are just ridiculous.

Given we need an experienced coach but any coach that comes in will have pick 12ish to start with.

I think Lagoudice needs to go now. It really pisses me off that we get half way through a plan and become impatient and then in one day, 5 years of planning gets turned on their heads.

Bolts, what a great bloke. I saw the presser. At the end, when he got up to leave he said "thanks Prez". What a legend. All the best to him, hopefully he gets an assistant role at a decent club.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jase » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:14 pm

gadj1976 wrote:8 coaches in 19 years
3 sackings in 7 years (1 by Kernahan (Ratten), 2 by Lagoudice (Malthouse and Bolton))

So what do we do now? I hear people say we have a sh1t list or a great list that any coach would want. Discussions with moving on SOS are just ridiculous.

Given we need an experienced coach but any coach that comes in will have pick 12ish to start with.

I think Lagoudice needs to go now. It really pisses me off that we get half way through a plan and become impatient and then in one day, 5 years of planning gets turned on their heads.

Bolts, what a great bloke. I saw the presser. At the end, when he got up to leave he said "thanks Prez". What a legend. All the best to him, hopefully he gets an assistant role at a decent club.
I reckon it will almost be certain that Bolts will get an assistant coaches role... he is amazing with the young players as a mentor/counselor, I just think the Head Coaches role was a bridge to far..

All the best Bolts...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:18 pm

There is a bit to work with on the list. But my word you have let too much senior experience go.

Henderson, Touhy and Robinson for example. Not great players on there own but honest players, senior players, bigger bodied players.

Just as an example.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:55 am

Hang on, LaGiudice said they're sticking to the path they've gone down in yesterday's presser ( not that they have any choice to be honest ) but it's not with Bolton.

Don't expect things to get better any time soon.

Who Carlton has brought in :
Attachments
Blues.jpg
Blues.jpg (141.37 KiB) Viewed 887 times
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:07 am

Keep SOS at your peril...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby stan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:14 am

Booney wrote:

Hang on, LaGiudice said they're sticking to the path they've gone down in yesterday's presser ( not that they have any choice to be honest ) but it's not with Bolton.

From the traded in from other clubs there is really only Settlefield, Newman and McGovern that stack up.

What would be interesting is a full list of players traded out or left under FA.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 am

stan wrote:

There is a bit to work with on the list. But my word you have let too much senior experience go.

Henderson, Touhy and Robinson for example. Not great players on there own but honest players, senior players, bigger bodied players.

Just as an example.

Nothing wrong with any of those players on their own. Henderson can't stay on the park though poor bugger. Touhy has been an awesome acquisition for the Cats but is struggling to get going this year after an interupted pre-season. Robbo is all heart and a great get for the Lions.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:43 am

stan wrote:What would be interesting is a full list of players traded out or left under FA.

I'm sure we can cobble a list together :

Robinson, Touhy, Henderson, Betts, Jacobs, Bell, Yarran, Troy Menzel, Gibbs, Hampson, Waite, Garlett, Grigg.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am

That’s a pretty ordinary list
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mots02 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 am

Booney wrote:

Hope the next coach is well stocked with this

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:00 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:What would be interesting is a full list of players traded out or left under FA.

Robinson, Touhy, Henderson, Betts, Jacobs, Bell, Yarran, Troy Menzel, Gibbs, Hampson, Waite, Garlett, Grigg.

We've gotta put the team up in positional order.

F: Betts Kennedy Menzel
HF: Bell Waite Garlett
C: Yarran Gibbs Gowers
HB: Henderson ???? Hampson
B: Touhy ???? ????
R: Jacobs Grigg Robinson
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

C: Yarran Gibbs ????

Coach: Ratten
Ass Coach: Malthouse
Runner: Bolton
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 am

mots02 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

C: Yarran Gibbs ????

Coach: Ratten
Ass Coach: Malthouse
Runner: Bolton

Fill up the spots with some of these
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-05/the-42-departed-blues-where-are-they-now
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby beef » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:13 am

I'd say 90% of that team was gone before SOS
Betts still playing, Kennedy Still playing Menzel SANFL
Bell ?? Waite retired Garlett still playing (mainly VFL)
Yarran Jail Gibbs Still playing (half SANFL for 2 first rounders)
Henderson still playing (always injured surprisingly) Hampson delisted
Touhy still playing
Jacobs still playing (prob last year) Grigg retired Robinson still playing (probably in jail beating up people at music festivals if still at carlton)
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:18 am

Shots fired, Juddy hits the target, Lyon is right but Judd shoots and scores.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Carlton football director Chris Judd has responded to Garry Lyon’s comments the former club captain should do “the noble thing” and resign from his position.

Lyon said Judd and president Mark LoGiudice were morally bound to resign, after unequivocally backing in coach Brendon Bolton two weeks before he was axed from the role.

While Lyon isn’t necessarily in the minority with his views, Judd was quick to put them on the scrap heap.

“Garry’s entitled to his opinion,” Judd told Footy Classified.

“You won’t be surprised to know I don’t look at him as a shining light on how I should act. That’s his call and so be it.

“We don’t have to agree on all topics. Clearly, I’m answerable to the members and the other members of the board.”

Lyon called out Judd and LoGiudice for their duplicity, saying their fates should be tied to that of Bolton because of their previous statements the coach was safe.

“They won’t go. But I’m holding them to account to what they said two weeks ago,” Lyon told On The Couch.

“When you back your man in unequivocally and then two weeks later you sack him … the right thing to do would be to go.

“Lie to us all you want but don’t get sh***y when we don’t believe you,” Lyon added.

“He (Chris Judd) won’t go. But the noble thing would be to go.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL