ODI World Cup 2019

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:I’m confused why all the criticism from commentators is directed at Maxwell & Khawaja - two guys who didn’t choose where they batted but scored better than a run a ball and certainly not Australia’s worst.

Scapegoats so the favourites can go through unnoticed

*edit* now BJ comments how hard the pitch is to bat on when talking about Warner :roll:

Smith’s dismissal was the worst. Him and Warner looked comfortable out there and didn’t need to do anything silly to that bowling.
Maxwell’s dismissal was atrocious but I expect that from him against the quicks, he just isn’t good enough. One of Warner or Finch needed to go on and make a big ton.
If Amir bowl like that on this pitch I have great faith that Starc and Cummins can do better
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby northerner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:I’m confused why all the criticism from commentators is directed at Maxwell & Khawaja - two guys who didn’t choose where they batted but scored better than a run a ball and certainly not Australia’s worst.

Scapegoats so the favourites can go through unnoticed

*edit* now BJ comments how hard the pitch is to bat on when talking about Warner :roll:

Reckon the criticism is more about where they batted. Uzzie is not the guy we needed to be batting with 10 overs to go. Maxie was wasted with 20 overs left. Management error.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby locky801 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:41 am

Should have scored at least 350, some very ordinary dismissals

alot of talent in the Pakistan batting lineup, this could get close
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 am

Aussies won by 41 runs
Pakistan 266
Imam 53 (75)
Cummins 3/33
Starc 2/43

Man of the match Dave Warner made his 15th ODI century, he the 4th highest century maker for Australia behind Ponting (29), Waugh (18) and Gilchrist (16)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby northerner » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am

Maxwells run out and a diving catch from Carey worth checking out.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:10 am

The XI we played last night is not going to win us the world cup.

I'm neither her nor there with Maxwell's promotion, he flies by the seat of his pants and is an X factor in all 3 disciplines, we have enough talent around him to not have to rely on him but there is definitely a spot in the team for him.

We can't have Smith, S.Marsh and Khawaja in the same team IMO, unless one of them open the batting, on that, I'd sooner see Smith at 4, I was always brought up that 3 was an anchorman type, 4 was your strongest batsman and 5 was a stroke player.

The inclusion of Mitch Marsh is going to give the team a whole new balance, I'd sooner him bowling than NCN.

Finch
Warner
Khawaja/S.Marsh
Smith
Maxwell
Carey
M.Marsh
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Richardson

5 and 2 half bowlers, decent batting down to 7 with the next two being more than capable.

I'm super impressed with Finch, he was up for public stoning not so long ago but has responded well, if he didn't get run out we would be 4-0.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 am

Didn't see it, but how was Dave Warners celebration when he made his ton??
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:35 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Didn't see it, but how was Dave Warners celebration when he made his ton??

usual warner celebration, thumped the sky, kissed the helmet and looked pretty happy with himself.

He was batting with snicko Marsh at the time and not sure if it was just the camera work or not but i didn't see March come down the pitch to say "well done" at all. Not saying it didnt happen but didnt see it
locky801
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 am

locky801 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Didn't see it, but how was Dave Warners celebration when he made his ton??

usual warner celebration, thumped the sky, kissed the helmet and looked pretty happy with himself.

He was batting with snicko Marsh at the time and not sure if it was just the camera work or not but i didn't see March come down the pitch to say "well done" at all. Not saying it didnt happen but didnt see it

In all fairness, I didn't see Warner go and congratulate Marsh when he got off the mark.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 am

I didn’t think it was over the top considering what has happened
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:32 am

locky801 wrote:i didn't see March come down the pitch to say "well done" at all. Not saying it didnt happen but didnt see it

He did, but Warner was too busy grinning away arms raised towards the dressing room.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The XI we played last night is not going to win us the world cup.

I'm neither her nor there with Maxwell's promotion, he flies by the seat of his pants and is an X factor in all 3 disciplines, we have enough talent around him to not have to rely on him but there is definitely a spot in the team for him.

We can't have Smith, S.Marsh and Khawaja in the same team IMO, unless one of them open the batting, on that, I'd sooner see Smith at 4, I was always brought up that 3 was an anchorman type, 4 was your strongest batsman and 5 was a stroke player.

The inclusion of Mitch Marsh is going to give the team a whole new balance, I'd sooner him bowling than NCN.

Finch
Warner
Khawaja/S.Marsh
Smith
Maxwell
Carey
M.Marsh
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Richardson

5 and 2 half bowlers, decent batting down to 7 with the next two being more than capable.

I'm super impressed with Finch, he was up for public stoning not so long ago but has responded well, if he didn't get run out we would be 4-0.

I feel for Khawaja - he's the one getting screwed over the most at the moment.. he's a guy who held our batting together over the past year and a bit while Warner & Smith were suspended, now he's just getting shafted for "more exciting" types i.e. Maxwell, Marsh x2, Stoinis etc.

Khawaja deserves to be in there.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:26 am

locky801 wrote:

Nah there was a display of man love (hug) between Marsh and Warner when he made his ton. It may have been preceded by a handshake or a gangsta style hand clasp (cant recall exactly). Certainly the most masculine and Australian way (a grope, a lick dry root) was eschewed....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The XI we played last night is not going to win us the world cup.

Finch
Warner
Khawaja/S.Marsh
Smith
Maxwell
Carey
M.Marsh
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Richardson

I feel for Khawaja - he's the one getting screwed over the most at the moment.. he's a guy who held our batting together over the past year and a bit while Warner & Smith were suspended, now he's just getting shafted for "more exciting" types i.e. Maxwell, Marsh x2, Stoinis etc.

Khawaja deserves to be in there.

He failed at 3 against Afghanistan and the Windies and looked ok in patches at 4 against India. I did hear one of the commentators mention he seemed to be struggling a bit since being badged in the warm up game and this has been reflected in his net sessions aswell apparently. Just needs a bit of confidence but definitely plays ahead of Shaun Marsh for sure
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:He failed at 3 against Afghanistan and the Windies and looked ok in patches at 4 against India. I did hear one of the commentators mention he seemed to be struggling a bit since being badged in the warm up game and this has been reflected in his net sessions aswell apparently. Just needs a bit of confidence but definitely plays ahead of Shaun Marsh for sure

With Sri Lanka and the Banga's our next two opponents this is the time to cash in and fond some form as they'll want to settle the side for the Poms, Shaggers and finals.

Lyon is a must IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:41 pm

am Bays wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Certainly the most masculine and Australian way (a grope, a lick dry root) was eschewed....

thats saved for the "couple" in the team isnt it ;)
locky801
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 pm

raining yet again, looks like it's a footy night :roll:
locky801
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Rain XI smashing the World Cup so far.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:01 pm

In the words of Melissa Etheridge “somebody bring me some cricket’. Tonight’s game will be a cracker if there is no rain
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:

In all fairness, I didn't see Warner go and congratulate Marsh when he got off the mark.

=))
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket