3%
Portland
9%
Westminster OS
No votes

Total votes : 35

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Postby Robran » Tue May 28, 2019 11:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Were they behind?

Valid point
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:10 pm

How are all the decks holding up? Has there ever been a division with so many heavy decks in it?

I've never played at Morphies or Iggies but apart from North Haven and Plympton, all the rest get a bit boggy for memory.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How are all the decks holding up? Has there ever been a division with so many heavy decks in it?

I've never played at Morphies or Iggies but apart from North Haven and Plympton, all the rest get a bit boggy for memory.

Dont think you will have much of a worry with Iggies deck. they play on the Karen Rolton oval which from all reports is better than any SANFL ground
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How are all the decks holding up? Has there ever been a division with so many heavy decks in it?

Plymptons still in very good condition
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:

Dont think you will have much of a worry with Iggies deck. they play on the Karen Rolton oval which from all reports is better than any SANFL ground

That's what I thought but someone corrected me and told me that they are now on one of the Park 25 ovals, I left it at that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

That doesn't churn up at all hey?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

it usually does, due to the footy and the soccer sharing the oval, but with the new drainage system which was done over summer. It actually looks in pretty knick
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:it usually does, due to the footy and the soccer sharing the oval, but with the new drainage system which was done over summer. It actually looks in pretty knick

No probz, I must've only played there earlier in the season each time, weird ground, huge home ground advantage.

I've never seen Smithfield Oval muddy at all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:That's what I thought but someone corrected me and told me that they are now on one of the Park 25 ovals, I left it at that.

Certainly looked that way when i went past the other night - unless it's used for one their lower grades?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

That's what I thought but someone corrected me and told me that they are now on one of the Park 25 ovals, I left it at that.

Iggs are still on the same oval they just re-developed it. Looks amazing but we're not there for another 7 weeks to enjoy the deck
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

it usually does, due to the footy and the soccer sharing the oval, but with the new drainage system which was done over summer. It actually looks in pretty knick

Played there a few weeks ago. Was muddy along the wings on the coaches box side
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:25 am

A couple years back we played Plympton there round 18 and whilst it wasn’t muddy on the day (Obviously was previously), your feet were still sinking in around ankle deep on most of the deck. Never been sorer in my life the following week. Terrible deck- Good to see they invested some $ in drainage.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 am

Plymptons oval doesnt get muddy but there wasnt alot of grass left on it last season when we played there.Have only played there once though
Glenungas oval on the weekend was quite bad, very slippery and heavy under foot in some areas. More rain and that will turn into a quagmire I would think.
Flinders turns to mud
Portland holds up pretty well apart for one spot on the wing and the cricket pitch can be a bit muddy sometimes
havens wouldnt get muddy as very sandy
Westminster, the cricket pitch was very muddy the other week and quite alot of surface water around the oval.
Gepps oval holds up pretty well from memory.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 am

Iron Fist wrote:Plymptons oval doesnt get muddy but there wasnt alot of grass left on it last season when we played there.Have only played there once though
Glenungas oval on the weekend was quite bad, very slippery and heavy under foot in some areas. More rain and that will turn into a quagmire I would think.
Flinders turns to mud
Portland holds up pretty well apart for one spot on the wing and the cricket pitch can be a bit muddy sometimes
Westminster, the cricket pitch was very muddy the other week and quite alot of surface water around the oval.

Glenunga's has been thew worst I've ever played on.
I remember Port Reserve being churned up many moons ago, although I played full back that day so didn't get too far abroad and it absolutely pissed down all day and probably all week leading up to it.
I've never seen North Haven's boggy.
Flinders' had ducks dwelling on it a few years ago.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:Plymptons oval doesnt get muddy but there wasnt alot of grass left on it last season when we played there.Have only played there once though
Flinders turns to mud

Glenunga's has been thew worst I've ever played on.
I remember Port Reserve being churned up many moons ago, although I played full back that day so didn't get too far abroad and it absolutely pissed down all day and probably all week leading up to it.
I've never seen North Haven's boggy.
Flinders' had ducks dwelling on it a few years ago.

considering we havent had that much rain. I was surprised how poor the oval was on the weekend at Glenunga
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:08 am

For the amount of work that's been done to that deck, it's still one of the worst ovals in the league
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 am

Whilst it has been dry up until recently, in May we had more rain then we have seen in any month since 2017 and we aren’t going to be far away from giving that another crack this month. It’s no shock to see some grounds looking rough.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:For the amount of work that's been done to that deck, it's still one of the worst ovals in the league

You'd have to take into consideration how they've evolved as a junior club, they've got at least two teams in each age group.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:13 pm

GGs deck is fine, still very hard which is not a good thing sometimes as you need to train on it twice a week.
Running on hard decks can take it's toll if not managed correctly, plus you need to get Ks into the legs come finals time.
GG don't have the luxury of doing a mini pre season as they will have to battle to make the five firstly although they are good enough to get there.
it is quite good to watch footy up there as it is always free flowing and on top of the ground 95% of the time.
TBH we haven't had much rain and most of it has been mid week.
Will definitely be an interesting run home in Div 3 for the seven still in contention.
I don't think Westminster are good enough and there was far to much bitching going on with NH both on and off the field to suggest they are a tight knit bunch.
Portland don't appear to be at the level of FP, Glenunga or Iggies.
I would say the GF will be played between either FP, Glenunga or Iggies, those three have big home ground advantages as well so a top three finish for them would just about KO the rest of the opposition.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby bubba love » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 pm

What club do you support CC? Portland have beaten flinders park and NH have beaten iggies and glenunga at glenunga, silly call to say neither can win it
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League