Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Its about 100m down from where you merge off the express way

I am sure someone here will know the one I am talking of

Left or right lane?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Contracting some sort of deathly virus from my plane trip home on Sunday - thankfully tests for Influenza came up negative - one of my symptoms was a very achy jawline which didn't go away when the other symptoms died down,

So I went to the dentist this morning on a hunch - turns out there's an infection in my front tooth as well and guess who needs a bloody root canal :?

Dentist didn't give me any painkillers for the duration either, as they can't do it until the 24th so i'm now screaming here.

Thankfully, a friend has helped out with something to tide me over until I can get to a doctor for a script.

If it doesn't rain, it pours :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:25 am

Footy Chick wrote:Contracting some sort of deathly virus from my plane trip home on Sunday - thankfully tests for Influenza came up negative - one of my symptoms was a very achy jawline which didn't go away when the other symptoms died down,

So I went to the dentist this morning on a hunch - turns out there's an infection in my front tooth as well and guess who needs a bloody root canal :?

Dentist didn't give me any painkillers for the duration either, as they can't do it until the 24th so i'm now screaming here.

Thankfully, a friend has helped out with something to tide me over until I can get to a doctor for a script.

If it doesn't rain, it pours :roll:

Ouch literally.
A few $$ for root canal or are you fully covered for it?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Nope, I dont' have private, i think it's a farce.

Mind you, what i spend on this will still be waaaay less than what I would've forked out in private health premiums, which still probably wouldn't have covered the whole lot anyway.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Nope, I dont' have private, i think it's a farce.

Mind you, what i spend on this will still be waaaay less than what I would've forked out in private health premiums, which still probably wouldn't have covered the whole lot anyway.

I use to think the same thing FC, until my wife had $100,000 minimum worth of surgeries and rehab on a injured shoulder

I’ve never claimed a thing in 20 years (touch wood)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 pm

It's just a gamble with a shocking return.
Me and my ex had private coverage when our first child was born.
She had to stay in Flinders as our girl was prem.
Cost us $1000.

For our 2nd we'd already got rid of private health, had a baby and stayed in exactly the same room, cost $0.

I've never had to pay for anything medical and have had $650 of dentistry work since I was a kid and am now 48. ($450 of it was a crown replacement for a tooth I go knocked out as a kid)

Hate to think how much money I would have wasted on private health. Absolute scam.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Wedgie wrote:It's just a gamble with a shocking return.
Cost us $1000.

For our 2nd we'd already got rid of private health, had a baby and stayed in exactly the same room, cost $0.

I've never had to pay for anything medical and have had $650 of dentistry work since I was a kid and am now 48. ($450 of it was a crown replacement for a tooth I go knocked out as a kid)

Hate to think how much money I would have wasted on private health. Absolute scam.

Until you need it.
I could give numerous examples of families I know who have benefited immensely from having private health.
Plus, what price do you put on piece of mind?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Spargo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:It's just a gamble with a shocking return.
Cost us $1000.

Until you need it.
I could give numerous examples of families I know who have benefited immensely from having private health.
Plus, what price do you put on piece of mind?

Yeah, I used to think like Wedgie and after much harassment from my wife we joined about 5 years ago. Has saved us an absolute fortune I’d estimate
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:08 pm

It’s insurance not an investment as such.
Like Spargo said if you do need to use it, that’s when you benefit.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 pm

We've had it but really wasnt worth it so got rid of it probably 8yrs or so ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:13 pm

If it benefitted people on the whole health companies would go out of business.
As I said, the only thing I used it for was child birth and that cost us $1000 extra BECAUSE we had private health insurance.

There's no piece of mind issue with Australia's health system.

Hate to think of how many hundreds of thousands I'd be out of pocket if I fell for the scam.

I can see how it may benefit a small percentage of the population with poor genes, but it's probably better if those people got weeded out of the gene pool. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 pm

I can see why people have it, but its a deadset rip off imo.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 pm

If I could afford private health, and I chose not to pay for it, and I had kids and they got sick, injured, suffered illness or disease and would’ve benefited from it, I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Spargo wrote:If I could afford private health, and I chose not to pay for it, and I had kids and they got sick, injured, suffered illness or disease and would’ve benefited from it, I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror.

And you'd have the benefit of paying more money for the same treatment. Money which could be better spent elsewhere to help them but put into big companys coffers instead.
I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I did that.
I'd agree with you if I lived in America though.
Each to their own and its wonderful we live in a country where it makes no difference except for a waste of money if you take have private health inaurance as I learnt 20 years ago.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Spargo wrote:If I could afford private health, and I chose not to pay for it, and I had kids and they got sick, injured, suffered illness or disease and would’ve benefited from it, I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror.

And you'd have the benefit of paying more money for the same treatment. Money which could be better spent elsewhere to help them but put into big companys coffers instead.
Each to their own and its wonderful we live in a country where it makes no difference except for a waste of money if you take have private health inaurance as I learnt 20 years ago.

Speak to people/families with no private health that have been on waiting lists to get medical treatment for years.
There’s plenty here in Adelaide.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Spargo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Speak to people/families with no private health that have been on waiting lists to get medical treatment for years.

Never have, have only encountered people who have wasted money on private health. Theres plenty x plenty x plenty in Adelaide.
Plenty x plenty x plenty > plenty hence why the big businesses win and people don't.
If people felt they would benefit in this country from private health they'd be smarter entering into a cooperative instead of fleecing companies pockets.

Just did a quick calculation and I would have been close to 100k worse off if I'd kept up private health insurance for my adult life.
And thats despite being diagnosed with a heart condition in my mid 30s which has involved me only attending the best heart doctors in the state at a private hospital for over a decade.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Never have, have only encountered people who have wasted money on private health. Theres plenty x plenty x plenty in Adelaide.
Plenty x plenty x plenty > plenty hence why the big businesses win and people don't.
If people felt they would benefit in this country from private health they'd be smarter entering into a cooperative instead of fleecing companies pockets.

Just did a quick calculation and I would have been close to 100k worse off if I'd kept up private health insurance for my adult life.
And thats despite being diagnosed with a heart condition in my mid 30s which has involved me only attending the best heart doctors in the state at a private hospital for over a decade.

Definitely agree that it’s not for everyone.
It suits us but can see how it doesn’t for many
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Righto. Well maybe if you actually did run into families who have been waiting years for medical treatment for loved ones or themselves you might understand a tad more. Your personal experience isn’t snapshot of the health system, mate ;)

Spargo
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:54 pm

At the end of the day I think we can all agree its wonderful to live in a country where we can have these views even if they are oposing.
Even if I did have to go to Thailand for my dental work to save thousands. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion