AFL Round 13 - Good luck tipsters!

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 13 - Good luck tipsters!

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Armchair expert wrote:How embarrassing those security guards patrolling the isles

I hope theres some near me in the Eastern Stand full of Port supporters next week! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Bloody hell!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:39 pm

What a great result [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Armchair expert wrote:How embarrassing those security guards patrolling the isles
Missed most of the 2nd half but just caught up on it then for the post match. Seems very strange as apparently there has been no change in policy from the AFL.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 am

I applaud it, I've never had a problem in Melbourne but I will be attending my first AFL game at Adelaide Oval next week due to the current measures taken by the AFL. I also hope that forking out $120 a ticket for the area I'm sitting in eliminates a lot of the feral element too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:07 am

Wedgie wrote:Power will win next week. We all know Geelong's record coming off a bye and add to that I'm going sitting in the best seats in the house in the Eastern Stand one level up.

Crap. Port will get off to a good start and a handy early lead. Then Geelong will kick three goals in a row and Ken will shit himself. The Power will revert to defensive crap as they stop backing themselves in and Geelong win by 40.

We love Port, Russell Nash dies tonight.

Regards ,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:14 am

Wedgie wrote:I applaud it, I've never had a problem in Melbourne but I will be attending my first AFL game at Adelaide Oval next week due to the current measures taken by the AFL. I also hope that forking out $120 a ticket for the area I'm sitting in eliminates a lot of the feral element too.

No problem if people are being idiots but people are being evicted for cheering too loudly.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:31 am

Wedgie wrote:I applaud it, I've never had a problem in Melbourne but I will be attending my first AFL game at Adelaide Oval next week due to the current measures taken by the AFL. I also hope that forking out $120 a ticket for the area I'm sitting in eliminates a lot of the feral element too.

$120 a ticket, get amongst the rank and file you snob. Make sure you bring your stanley knife though
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:38 am

LMA wrote:

$120 a ticket, get amongst the rank and file you snob. Make sure you bring your stanley knife though

To be truthful similar to the cruise I'm going on later this year and like most things I go to it was a bit of online shopping whilst pissed at the pub.
Sat in similar seats for the cricket and always said that it would be an awesome spot to watch footy ( in front of the corp boxes on the first level in the Eastern stands).
It was a choice between that or GF tix, thank christ I was a bit conservative that night.
My phone really needs a breath analyser on it before I can purchase things on it. :lol:

Anyone up for a pre game piss up?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:57 am

Wedgie wrote:
LMA wrote:

To be truthful similar to the cruise I'm going on later this year and like most things I go to it was a bit of online shopping whilst pissed at the pub.
Sat in similar seats for the cricket and always said that it would be an awesome spot to watch footy ( in front of the corp boxes on the first level in the Eastern stands).
It was a choice between that or GF tix, thank christ I was a bit conservative that night.
My phone really needs a breath analyser on it before I can purchase things on it. :lol:

Anyone up for a pre game piss up?

I do the same with vinyl records, reckon I bought one or more the last 4 sat nights.
LMA
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 am

The Bedge wrote:The other thing that's got me wondering.. seeing the Broadbent news yesterday, then saw an article that basically was along the lines of how much better the AFL is these days with Mental Health and dealing with it etc...

My query - they may be better at managing it when it comes out, but are they better at helping it from a preventative point of view? Feel like more and more we are seeing players being impacted and affected by mental health and cant help but think it's more a reflection of the environment they're subjected to.

I know plenty will say "oh poor them they earn 700+ k a year etc" but money doesn't alliviate pressure and how people think/operate.

Call me skeptical but Mental Health = positive drug test in AFL
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:35 am

daysofourlives wrote:
The Bedge wrote:The other thing that's got me wondering.. seeing the Broadbent news yesterday, then saw an article that basically was along the lines of how much better the AFL is these days with Mental Health and dealing with it etc...

My query - they may be better at managing it when it comes out, but are they better at helping it from a preventative point of view? Feel like more and more we are seeing players being impacted and affected by mental health and cant help but think it's more a reflection of the environment they're subjected to.

I know plenty will say "oh poor them they earn 700+ k a year etc" but money doesn't alliviate pressure and how people think/operate.

I get this, personally I think there is genuine cases but think it's also over diagnosed
LMA
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:39 am

LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I get this, personally I think there is genuine cases but think it's also over diagnosed

I agree, Put it this way, we are told continually that drugs are rife amongst players in the AFL, has a player ever been caught on drugs with a positive test?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:01 am

Only bit part players
LMA
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 am

I don't you can go to a Port game and be anyway and think you'll be away from the Ferals.

Its in there DNA.

Good luck though, sounds like good seats.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:49 am

daysofourlives wrote:
LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I agree, Put it this way, we are told continually that drugs are rife amongst players in the AFL, has a player ever been caught on drugs with a positive test?
This is the problem, there is likely many cases of genuine mental health issues for players.

A few years ago a guy at our workplace took his own life, his sister who was involved in sports media shared some of her stories over the years of men's mental health and in particular sports men as well as part of men's health week. It did seem clear at the time the pressures and young men was huge and yes mental health was an issue a massive issue in fact. She told us about rugby union players breaking down in from of her in an interview talking about what it was like.

Now in saying that what you have said about the drug tests are also a factor. We are told that AFL players and drug taking is rife and we are also told that there is a loop hole with the mental health issue as well.

So what does this mean, well some players are gaming the system because they can. Some players probably have issues and need help and time away and **** knows which is which at times.
stan
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am

I’d be more worried about attending games in Geelong than any other city. I wouldn’t even feel safe walking through the Geelong mall with the footage that came out this week. If you want to see some ferals, just spend 5 minutes there and you will see your share for the year
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Bum Crack » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am

bertiebeatle wrote:

I’d be more worried about attending games in Geelong than any other city. I wouldn’t even feel safe walking through the Geelong mall with the footage that came out this week. If you want to see some ferals, just spend 5 minutes there and you will see your share for the year

Not all of us are feral. I'll be on my best behaviour.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Spargo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:35 am

Bum Crack wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

Not all of us are feral. I'll be on my best behaviour.

Far from reassuring for Port supporters...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:15 pm

This site could do with some "behaviour awareness officers"
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL