AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Brodlach wrote:Watching AFL 360 with Clarkson and Scott, I get the feeling that they are not big fans of each other

Im led to believe its the opposite, they got on well when they coached the Australian team together
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Watching AFL 360 with Clarkson and Scott, I get the feeling that they are not big fans of each other

Im led to believe its the opposite, they got on well when they coached the Australian team together

Perhaps it’s all part of the ‘theatre’
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:56 pm

I got the feeling Clarkson didn't really want to be there .... dodged a few of Robbo's questions and played down Stratton's actions. Let's not forget Clarkson was up there with Libber as one of the geatest pests on the field.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I got the feeling Clarkson didn't really want to be there .... dodged a few of Robbo's questions and played down Stratton's actions. Let's not forget Clarkson was up there with Libber as one of the geatest pests on the field.

“Pests” is being kind. The pair of them were filthy grubs in their playing days.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:11 am

Clarkson defending Stratton, now that's funny.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 am

Booney wrote:

He has no choice really

No doubt he would have at very least known it was a tactic Stratton was using, if he come out now and condemned it he would lose all respect from his players as he most likely at very least turned a blind eye to it to the players.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:38 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

He has no choice really

No doubt he would have at very least known it was a tactic Stratton was using, if he come out now and condemned it he would lose all respect from his players as he most likely at very least turned a blind eye to it to the players.

Rubbish, he could say he's spoken to Stratton about it, doesn't think it's part of our game and would rather not have his leader do something like that.

To say "Lots of worse things have happened on the field" is a cop out and as weak as Stratton's actions.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

He has no choice really

Rubbish, he could say he's spoken to Stratton about it, doesn't think it's part of our game and would rather not have his leader do something like that.

To say "Lots of worse things have happened on the field" is a cop out and as weak as Stratton's actions.

Agree. Always rate Clarko and think he always speaks a lot of sense.

HOWEVER, last night on AFL360 he was terrible, the points he was making re Stratton were ridiculous.

And to top it off his comments re Stack/Betts incident were just as bad.

Not a great night by Alistair!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 am

Clarko's clearly aware of Stratton's tactics, and is probably a win at all costs old school type of coach. 17 clubs will bag him for it, 1 club will love him for it given the success he's overseen at the Hawks.

The actions of pinching and stomping were dog acts, and Stratton will be duly punished, but we've seen a lot worse so the hysteria is probably a bit OTT.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:36 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

He has no choice really

If he critises Stratton his essentially throwing him under the bus and that will only then encourage the calls for Stratton to be sacked as captain to which at that point how does Clarkson not sack him. Remembering it's highly likely Clarkson endorsed the tactic, given the style of player he was himself and the pride they have worn the unsociable football tag with.

If your boss at work has been telling you to do something at work to which you have done, you then get in strife and he throws you under the bus looking like the good guy whilst you cop the shit your going to be fuming!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby locky801 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:57 pm

JK wrote:Clarko's clearly aware of Stratton's tactics, and is probably a win at all costs old school type of coach. 17 clubs will bag him for it, 1 club will love him for it given the success he's overseen at the Hawks.

The actions of pinching and stomping were dog acts, and Stratton will be duly punished, but we've seen a lot worse so the hysteria is probably a bit OTT.

Got 2 weeks, 1 for pinching and 1 for stomping FFS :oops: :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3655 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 pm

locky801 wrote:
JK wrote:Clarko's clearly aware of Stratton's tactics, and is probably a win at all costs old school type of coach. 17 clubs will bag him for it, 1 club will love him for it given the success he's overseen at the Hawks.

Absolute joke, I endorse the one for stomping but please, one match for pinching, what damage was pinching going to cause compared to say Ablett and Fyfe's elbows? I get that its something we don't want kids copying but neither is an elbow to the head. A fine would've been sufficient
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:31 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Absolute joke, I endorse the one for stomping but please, one match for pinching, what damage was pinching going to cause compared to say Ablett and Fyfe's elbows? I get that its something we don't want kids copying but neither is an elbow to the head. A fine would've been sufficient

Agreed Daisy. Shit. Better bookmark this post!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:46 pm

He should've got 2 for stomping and a fine, large one, for pinching.
I would've pinched him so freaking hard back I'd pull skin off. See how he liked it back.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Yeah a fine for pinching and 1 week for the stomp was fair IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Yeah a fine for pinching and 1 week for the stomp was fair IMO

He intentionally tried to injure someone. Minimum 2 for mine.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Should have got 3.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Should have got 3.

Yep, 3 for the stomp - dog act.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 pm

I so admire and really like Jarryd Roughhead. I enjoyed watching him on AFL 360 tonight
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:08 am

Brodlach wrote:I so admire and really like Jarryd Roughhead. I enjoyed watching him on AFL 360 tonight
Yeah he's a great bloke. Enjoyed listening to him.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL